New patch 0.11.4 issue

I deleted my content.ggpk and clicked my Path of Exile.exe.

It shows patch notes for 0.11.3c with the title (current verison) and it says downloading 6.26GB.

Is this patch out there? Do I have to download 0.11.3c first? I thought I would get savings of at least 2.5 GB?

What gives?

I don't want to redownload an old path if the new one is going to give me savings of 2 GB.

So what do I do?
Last edited by Verminoth on Aug 19, 2013, 7:07:48 PM
The new patch hasn't been released yet. It should be coming tomorrow or the following day.
Exiled on a Path.
The 6GB+ you're downloading now is the old 0.10.3c patch you are just re-downloading. You'll want to wait until 0.11.4 is released before you delete and re-download the Content.ggpk file.

I also recommend NOT deleting the Content.ggpk file, but just renaming it. Then you have a spare backup to patch from if there is a problem in the future. *shrug*

Also if you had renamed it, you wouldn't have had to download 6GB+ for nothing.
Patch gets delayed delayed delayed and I'm all hopeful and the first post on reddit makes it seem like it's out right now and it's not, ugh.

I need to verify and re-verify every single thing with this game.

I deleted my ggpk because Henry said to and now I have to redownload the entire thing because apparently moving it back into the folder didn't work.

My fault, my bad, blah.
:-\
"
verminoth wrote:
Patch gets delayed delayed delayed and I'm all hopeful and the first post on reddit makes it seem like it's out right now and it's not, ugh.

I need to verify and re-verify every single thing with this game.

I deleted my ggpk because Henry said to and now I have to redownload the entire thing because apparently moving it back into the folder didn't work.

My fault, my bad, blah.
:-\

Hey there,

I'm sorry for any trouble I've caused you by this.

In future, until your client starts downloading the new patch, I wouldn't rely on forum/reddit posts as a form of notification as they can be incorrect.
No worries Henry, I was just so incredibly pumped for this optimization build to come out that I jumped the gun!

Thanks. :-)
anyone else having issues with the new patch ive been downloading for over an hour and its only 6% downloaded is this normal, seem rather long time , help
"
anyone else having issues with the new patch ive been downloading for over an hour and its only 6% downloaded is this normal, seem rather long time , help

It's a high demand, and the patch is rather large, so it will take some time.

Also, a LOT of people just deleted their Content.ggpk file so they could download the whole file again, rather than patching their current version and defragmenting it.... so that certainly isn't making it any better.
"

It's a high demand, and the patch is rather large, so it will take some time.

Also, a LOT of people just deleted their Content.ggpk file so they could download the whole file again, rather than patching their current version and defragmenting it.... so that certainly isn't making it any better.
so delete the game and reinstall it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info