Bringing Righteous Fire Back.

Concept!
This is a hybrid claw melee build that uses frenzy and the following items:

Rise of the Phoenix
The Blood Dance
Shavronne's Revelation
ES gear + Zealot's Oath (Onslaught Ring, not chest)
*Essentia Sanguis before getting Ghost Reaver*

With this absurd amount of Regen, you can actually buff your RF with increased burning support/passives (which yes, will increase self burn too.) Since life was nerfed to about half of its previous value in patch 0.11, doing this will multiply your damage output by 2.2, bringing it back to what it originally was.

Bandits:
Oak - +40 base life
Oak - +18 phys damage
Krait - +1 Frenzy Charge

Passives

RF Math
Spoiler
With 89 resists, you take 11% of your max life as burn per second.
(~3500life * 2.2inc burn)*.11 = 847

6 frenzy charges = 6% life reg, 4 from Shav Rev, 2.9 in passives, 1.5 vitality
~6000 ES * 14.4% regeneration = 864

Damage to mobs:
~3500 * .50 * 2.2 = 3850 (equivalent of a 7700 HP pool)

Gem Links - offcolored ES chest required.
Spoiler
vulnerability - enfeeble - blood magic - faster casting

righteous fire - increased AOE - increased burning

vulnerability - enfeeble - faster casting - blood magic

haste - purity - vitality - reduced mana

reave - multistrike - melee physical - faster attacks - concentrated effect

frenzy - multistrike - melee physical - faster attacks

discipline-bm

flicker

Flasks!
1 swiftness flask with stops burning
1 ruby flask with charge recov
1 granite flask with charge recov and inc armour
1 hallowed life flask with 10% mana removed mod
1 flask open to personal preference.
Last edited by lucksickle on Aug 19, 2013, 2:35:09 PM
For what it's worth, here's a RF-capable acrobat build:
Spoiler

Uniques needed:
Bringer of Rain
Rise of the Phoenix
The Blood Dance

Passives
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3UjxkuJ-3z3ayqcql82dlhVw2RztIhns2nMPe-FCBQRwHnNuhkoxpVYSES4UCgBS1gS3rvdO0hYHTxLIVaGhjbW6_dDfzFZ6CHdkp9hO9W-u4OI_bv8FpIGtv5Y73mPs9RR6q4qn-NvwW1DPKly5uDU99Y24TZZU1HfjpS37-rxbvt73rTfn11_rqNfbcXOJa9gZkre4zvTjIJbmm-p9Qj3ajGojBxS3g6QrTFQFVvVwyNDUlZ88AakFWnhBo47DjwHwSzAnGiALT5Otgt0ny7xYpMYASxlWbEWCfV

Skills
(bringer of rain = melee-fast-blind)
frenzy - melee splash- multistrike - added fire

*melee splash /could/ be replaced by Reave next patch

flicker strike - multistrike - melee physical - added fire

enduring cry - faster attacks - vulnerability (level 1) - (warlords mark/temporal chains)

grace - righteous fire - increased aoe

My issue with this version is that by not using the inc-burning passive/supports, Righteous Fire will be dealing 2500 damage at its best. That being said, you'll also need to have all endurance/frenzy charges up in order to stifle self-burn.

Finally, I'm not sure if the DPS loss of wearing Blood Dance over Darkray Vectors is worth 2000~2500 RF.
Last edited by lucksickle on Aug 19, 2013, 3:41:45 PM
^

bump, would like input :<
u cannot regen mana with shavrones revalation in right ring slot http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shavronne%27s_Revelation

so it has to be blood-magic RF ZO build. this build gives ...6.4% regen from passive + 7 frenzy charges if u help krayfish merci. = 13.4% regen. instead of going into shadow too far i took the 1 handed crit nodes above mara. much more str = more hp.

i guess if u took inner force it might help with vitality. im not sure on math that happens with inner force/RF and whether or not inner force would help or hinder RF vrs vitality/passive regen. i would go straight for the regen first so RF can get going fast. u can always add block or hp later according to preference theres alot of access to all of those down the path i chose.

u could put in a spork/skelly/firestorm totem easy enough for when it gets tough and u need to get bak. firestorm, spell totem, conc effect, works pretty good. since ur using rf might as well have a spell totem to help when u need it.

i actually thought of something along these lines a while bak...springleaf bloodance sporker but never had the gear to get it goin.

i would recommend using bloodrage even though blood dance gives charges its much less chance. tbh blood dance is there for the benefit of frenzy charges not to gain them. its an amazing unique though. this means u need some chaos resist in ur ES gear. just my 2 cents but it sounds really good =D

heres build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3UjxkuJ-3z3ayqWfPAGpBVp4QaOOw4OthN2Ix2njyBb2aecU2az0NjtzFY9Z3E-tJyqXzZ98EEswJxNunjatlhVw3SIfIvns2nMAHnNuhkoxpVYSGE75uDU99Y24TZdO1672BLBS1AoCFgdPGeuRjbW6_dDfzFVvp0QSyFWhp3138rMHxRR42_BbUM8qXLNj2Ia7b3ES-0xSsKwQDbGhB79Uu-OsLsRwZfaj7PveZnoId2Sn3vTjIJmG-SfeXPtxc6Ut-_7g7vetN-fXX-umVNR36rxfe-OJZ5SA==
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Aug 20, 2013, 2:23:01 AM
"
leighferon wrote:
Spoiler
u cannot regen mana with shavrones revalation in right ring slot http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shavronne%27s_Revelation

so it has to be blood-magic RF ZO build. this build gives ...6.4% regen from passive + 7 frenzy charges if u help krayfish merci. = 13.4% regen. instead of going into shadow too far i took the 1 handed crit nodes above mara. much more str = more hp.

i guess if u took inner force it might help with vitality. im not sure on math that happens with inner force/RF and whether or not inner force would help or hinder RF vrs vitality/passive regen. i would go straight for the regen first so RF can get going fast. u can always add block or hp later according to preference theres alot of access to all of those down the path i chose.

u could put in a spork/skelly/firestorm totem easy enough for when it gets tough and u need to get bak. firestorm, spell totem, conc effect, works pretty good. since ur using rf might as well have a spell totem to help when u need it.

i actually thought of something along these lines a while bak...springleaf bloodance sporker but never had the gear to get it goin.

i would recommend using bloodrage even though blood dance gives charges its much less chance. tbh blood dance is there for the benefit of frenzy charges not to gain them. its an amazing unique though. this means u need some chaos resist in ur ES gear. just my 2 cents but it sounds really good =D

heres build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3UjxkuJ-3z3ayqWfPAGpBVp4QaOOw4OthN2Ix2njyBb2aecU2az0NjtzFY9Z3E-tJyqXzZ98EEswJxNunjatlhVw3SIfIvns2nMAHnNuhkoxpVYSGE75uDU99Y24TZdO1672BLBS1AoCFgdPGeuRjbW6_dDfzFVvp0QSyFWhp3138rMHxRR42_BbUM8qXLNj2Ia7b3ES-0xSsKwQDbGhB79Uu-OsLsRwZfaj7PveZnoId2Sn3vTjIJmG-SfeXPtxc6Ut-_7g7vetN-fXX-umVNR36rxfe-OJZ5SA==
Spoiler

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Inner Force increases self-burn, but not Burn to mobs, which is why I consider it to be a no-go.

I'm aware you have no regen with Shav Ring, however, this is why I decided it should be a phys build I am imagining (or hoping) that mana leech from gear could help sustain attacks and the sort. This meaning that only curses and the sort should be linked to Blood Magic.

The issue with getting the Blood Magic keystone is that you then wouldn't be able to run purity nor vitality.

I wouldn't advice Blood Rage, as this will seep right past your energy shield AND energy shield regen, straight into your life pool, not to mention the high HP pool mean gross degeneration.

Lastly, I was heavily considering making it crit-based to make it easier on the coloring, since it's ES based, at least the crit supports would make it easier to roll BBXXXX or BBBXXX.

However, it'd seem as though to make critical strikes work you require a large investment of passives into crit nodes, which this build has few to spare of.

Thanks for the input, will see what I can get out of your tree.

EDIT You took the Mara Crit Nodes, but kept in Resolute Technique lol.
Last edited by lucksickle on Aug 20, 2013, 10:09:39 AM
I guess no replies means my build sucks. Care to elaborate why?
Yeah, don't do the math with specific numbers. What happens if you have just a tad more HP, or just a tad less?

There's like 6.2% regen in tree, aside from endurance charges.

But this is the kicker: you completely did not account for taking any hits at all. At melee range. Or rather, you did not account for it in a manner that is realistic and useful.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
Thanks for the Reply

"
Kirielis wrote:
Yeah, don't do the math with specific numbers. What happens if you have just a tad more HP, or just a tad less?

Yeah, that´s why the level 65 tree is nearby ES/Life ndoes which are not taken. I built the tree pathing as to be able to maximize life/es with great gear, but you have the nodes to pluck in/out right on spot.

"
There's like 6.2% regen in tree, aside from endurance charges.

I'm aware of this. There´s a total of 8.4 regen in all the tree, unfortunately all of it in the southern area of the tree while the ES nodes remain on the norther portion. This is why the templar/marauder (2.9 total) are the only ones that are bound inbetween the two. I considered grabbing the 1.2 in the center, but that´d require a 6-point stretch, which isn't particularly worth it. It is however an option.

"
But this is the kicker: you completely did not account for taking any hits at all. At melee range. Or rather, you did not account for it in a manner that is realistic and useful.
This much is true. It's not that I didn't think of it, but I admit it's not very tanky. Defensively, all this build bears is (very) high leech with claws. 10k+ life and es pool (which can regen at very high numbers when using a ruby flask) Granite flask, very likely grace (although no iron reflex) and possibly molten shell.

Thanks for the input though, if anyone has any suggestions please do tell.
Last edited by lucksickle on Aug 22, 2013, 9:53:02 AM
well not rly the old rf since inb4 nerf 1 remember watching 1 guy with 12 k life , we both know that 3.8k is nothing for endgame

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info