ghost reaver + life gain on hit... works?

Hi,

I am just wondering, does the support gem "Life gain on hit" work with Ghost reaver?

and does it only work with attacks from weapons? or can it work for spells (i.e. fireball)... what's the proper definition of attack...

I gave it a try earlier, and it seems to have failed miserably

would the "life leech" support gem react the same way ?

Thanks,
Life gain on hit won't work with ghost reaver - it is only for life leech.

About attacks: any skill performed with your weapon is counted as an attack (and the standart attack of course as well ;)) - e.g. cleave, heavy strike etc. Spells are NOT attack.

About the life leech gem - i think it works with spells and of course it definatly works with ghost reaver ;)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Sep 14, 2012, 6:36:26 PM
Would just like to add, Life Leech gem works with all damage from spells and attacks, all other sources of life leech specify (and only work with) physical damage from attacks.

Life on Hit only applies to attacks, and for aoe attacks, it's per target hit, not just once per swing. And Life on Hit does not work with ghost reaver, =)
"
Aplier wrote:
Would just like to add, Life Leech gem works with all damage from spells and attacks, all other sources of life leech specify (and only work with) physical damage from attacks.

Life on Hit only applies to attacks, and for aoe attacks, it's per target hit, not just once per swing. And Life on Hit does not work with ghost reaver, =)

Thanks for explaining that. :)
Also worth mentioning that there are now ways to get Life Leech through corrupted Implicits and the Doryani's Invitation belt for elemental damage types as well! Nothing more scary than having 1+% life leech on a spell without having to use the Life Leech gem in one of your links.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info