:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
FCK42 wrote:
The thing is, of all the anime from last year it has one of the highest ratings on my anime list, sitting well above 8 points. That really says something, considering the fact that MAL is usually VERY strict with the ratings.

Surprisingly, there was good amount of series that got 8 or above last year from MAL (included series that started in 2015 and ended well into 2016). Though, the start of 2016 was slow, the slack was picked up in the spring and ended strongly in the fall.

I still feel that D.Gray-Man Hallow would had a better score (got 7.99) if they did not skip most of the content after the first series (though some might consider it a bit filler, but canon is canon) to have at least more content to watch. The anime version is only like 20 chapters (give or take) away from the latest chapter.....which was a WTF chapter (like what was the point of releasing the chapter) after half a year of waiting since normally it is like 3/4 months per chapter. I feel like the series is close to ending and it will be a long time before D.Gray-Man gets adapted again.

Going a bit off-topic here

Then of course, you have series like One Punch Man getting such a high score that it baffled me. I mean it was a great series to watch as pure entertainment, but when you actually review it seriously, it falls short on a good amount of stuff. There is also Natsume Yuujinchou (I really like the series a lot) that after five seasons, it is still going incredibly strong rating wise. I wonder if the sixth season will have another repeat. OPM is the case of having too many internet casuals and Natsume is the case of having a strong fanbase. MAL has a good amount of series that are overrated, underrated, just right, and the ones "that make you want to scratch your head on how it got this score."
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Then of course, you have series like One Punch Man getting such a high score that it baffled me. I mean it was a great series to watch as pure entertainment, but when you actually review it seriously, it falls short on a good amount of stuff. There is also Natsume Yuujinchou (I really like the series a lot) that after five seasons, it is still going incredibly strong rating wise. I wonder if the sixth season will have another repeat. OPM is the case of having too many internet casuals and Natsume is the case of having a strong fanbase. MAL has a good amount of series that are overrated, underrated, just right, and the ones "that make you want to scratch your head on how it got this score."

Speaking about long running series with high ratings and a strong fanbase... I'm already pretty damn excited about kizumonogatari part 3... the cliffhanger at the end of part 2 is MASSIVE!!! I really like the series, I think the weirdness in it somehow strikes a chord...

And then there's another series that I only heard rumors about getting a new season so far... one of the "scratch your head on how it got this score one". Definitely one of my guilty pleasures...
Do you really want to know it?
For real?
Damn it... ok then...
Highschool DxD
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:

Speaking about long running series with high ratings and a strong fanbase... I'm already pretty damn excited about kizumonogatari part 3... the cliffhanger at the end of part 2 is MASSIVE!!! I really like the series, I think the weirdness in it somehow strikes a chord...

And then there's another series that I only heard rumors about getting a new season so far... one of the "scratch your head on how it got this score one". Definitely one of my guilty pleasures...
Do you really want to know it?
For real?
Damn it... ok then...
Highschool DxD

The Monogatari series, despite the heavy dialogue, has me hooked for years since Bakemongatari was first animated back in 2009. I am still waiting on a proper
Spoiler
fansub group
for part 2, so it a wait game for me. :\

As for High School DxD, I like the series too, though is not something I will completely recommend unless one does not mind the fanservice. Sadly, DxD is heavy in fanservice at the beginning (mostly season 1 and to a good extent season 2), but season 3 has started to pick up the serious intensity and I feel any future sequels will still have fanservice as a way to lighten up the series while actually continuing the "plot" as in an actual story. I know this since I have read the light novel version and the anime counterpart has ways to go before reaching where the light novel is currently.

I am glad season 4 is already in development and I am possibly hyped for the
Spoiler
Issei versus Sairaorg Bael rating game battle
since they did a wonderful job with the Juggernaut Drive chant and the actual scene with it back in season 3.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

I have to admit though... DxD is one of the very few fancervice-heavy series that actually do it right, in that it has
1. An actually interesting story (or it's just me and my love for all kinds of mythology)
2. A main character that is suited for the roll (I swear to god, I would punch most of the harem MCs in the face if I ever saw them)
3. While it is abundant, the fanservice never really feels out of place, in contrast to some... "accidents" that happen in other series (looking at you, yuuki rito!)
4. The action scenes look amazing. Scratch that, the entire series does. I've rarely seen such a consistently high level of animation quality over the course of so many episodes/seasons+ovas.

I hereby wanna take that "scratch head" stuff back. The series well deserves the high score. For more reasons than one
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
DxD does fan-service right.

Instead of detracting from the story it actually improves because of it and has it's place.

Pretty sure DxD deserves the praise in form of good ratings, since it's one of those shows that delivers on fan-service without it being obnoxiously presented in the "oh my i just fell and look at my X" or the ever classic "boob cushion accident" which add absolutely nothing to the story's.

I had some good giggle's with that show and the fan-service really favors the mc's role.

I'm pretty sure DxD would still make a fine anime without the fan-service and i think it's that that sets it apart from the common echii flukes.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : monogatari, little to say about it, just "excellence".
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Jan 24, 2017, 6:03:52 AM
"
FCK42 wrote:
...I really need to watch Yuri!!! on ice soon... it's supposed to be REALLY good, but I just don't know... :/

I just finished it and really enjoyed it. I know nothing about figure skating but it did a really good job at getting me invested in it. The characters were interesting, the art and animation was impressive, and at 12 episodes it had great pacing and never outstayed its welcome.

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
looked shit to me, a story that wouldn't fly if the characters were straight the only thing that made it different is that it's yuri...and the sheep foamed at the mouth over that.

If thats your thing, cool but IMO it's not worth the watch

If you've ever watched a sports movie then you've probably seen a similar plot structure with straight characters that worked just fine. This is not to say it's unoriginal, I think it's reputation is deserved though.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
By the way guys... do you too have any series you could just watch over and over and over and over and over again and not get sick of it? The one for me is bokura wa minna kawaisou. I just love the whole atmosphere, the colors, the music, the characters... it's so much fun to watch! Anyone who hasn't watched it yet, I highly recommend it!
Now I wanna watch it AGAIN...
Kawaisou is great, nice animations, a bit of good humor and some of the best "light love", scenes not sure how to describe them otherwise. That show could really use a S2...

Another one that you can keep watching would be overlord in my opinion, the whole story, pacing and animation are so great. Not a dull moment.

And sometimes when i'm in the mood for "kickass MC", i load up "Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei" because that shit never get's old and is always fun to watch.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
FCK42 wrote:
By the way guys... do you too have any series you could just watch over and over and over and over and over again and not get sick of it?

I watched
Little Busters x4
Clannad x3
Nichijou x3
Lucky star x3

Current season for me is:
Urara meirochou, for my weekly diabeetus. Also reminds me of the VN irotoridori no sekai with that fortunetelling kitsune/youko-character and the otherworldly merchant-city, which is cool.
Gabriel-dropout, also diabeetus + comedy.
Seiren.
Rewrite season 2, because key. Though Rewrite doesn't hook me that much so far.
Konosuba season 2, because season 1 was nice. The animation quality in season 2 has become awful, sadly.
Kuduku, you majestic, magnificent, pulsating, wooden shaft of a man. - ZiggyD
Last edited by MinasMorgul on Jan 25, 2017, 9:34:27 AM
"
MinasMorgul wrote:
Current season for me is:
Urara meirochou, for my weekly diabeetus. Also reminds me of the VN irotoridori no sekai with that fortunetelling kitsune/youko-character and the otherworldly merchant-city, which is cool.
Gabriel-dropout, also diabeetus + comedy.
Seiren.
Rewrite season 2, because key. Though Rewrite doesn't hook me that much so far.
Konosuba season 2, because season 1 was nice. The animation quality in season 2 has become awful, sadly.

My list for the current season is:
Konosuba 2
Blue Exorcist 2
Fuuka
Demi-chan wa kataritai
Hand shakers
Chain chronicle
Little Witch Academia
Kobayashi-san chi no maid dragon
Masamune-kun no revenge
Seiren
Rewrite 2
Nyanko Days
Tales of zesteria the x 2
And in theory also Youjo Senki, but I have yet to catch up to the latest episode...
I feel like I'm watching way too much...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info