:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
[...] I am still debating whether to watch The Garden of Words. Supposedly, it is one of the most detailed anime known to date packed with a lot of dialogues as well.

Please, watch it.

This were the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen in an anime.
Also it somehow woke a beautiful view on my daily life.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Aug 20, 2013, 5:10:59 PM
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
[...] I am still debating whether to watch The Garden of Words. Supposedly, it is one of the most detailed anime known to date packed with a lot of dialogues as well.

Please, watch it.

This were the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen in an anime.
Also it somehow woke a beautiful view on my daily life.

Yup that's Makoto Shinkai for you :).
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness.
May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Edel
My relationship with Anime has been incredibly bizarre. By all other measures I should be an Anime nut but a lot of the shows never grabbed me. My *first* is hard to say, as a child I'm sure I saw stuff like Sailor Moon on TV in between the shows I actually watched like Super Mario Bros. Super Show.

However...

Escaflowne was the first one I ever really sat down and watched... you could say it created the first real awareness I had of anime. Since I never had cable it was probably one of the only decent animes to ever grace local TV here.

From there, I didn't get hooked to anime in general - but I started downloading tons of random soundtracks and all of the popular anime themes. I fell in love with the music the most, which eventually led me to artists like Ayumi Hamasaki and Do As Infinity. Even now, my playlists contain more Japanese music than American, and I have anime to thank for it.

In recent years, stuff like the Studio Ghibli films, Appleseed, and various shows that my girlfriend loves (like Shakugan no Shana and Lovely Complex) have been my viewing experiences.

Do As Infinity is still probably my favorite group of all-time - fantastic music.

Team Won
tbh Netflix sucks for anime.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/ is great

But http://www.animeultima.tv/watch-anime/ has way more anime, all for free.
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
"
Fire_Kid wrote:
tbh Netflix sucks for anime.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/ is great

But http://www.animeultima.tv/watch-anime/ has way more anime, all for free.

There are a lot of them out there, sad part is thats the only way i can watch them :(

Edel
I know you're all talking about the more artsy and better parts of anime but...

Can't wait for jojo's bizarre adventure p3 OVAs ; first two parts had gorgeous (and fabulous) animation, such a big step from the quality of the old ovas.

And I want, nay, NEED to see the d'arby poker scene in HD.
Last edited by GhostOfLiemannen on Aug 21, 2013, 8:18:45 PM
Time of eve anyone? :D

Edel
Ranma 1/2 is the first anime i ever watched. Im 20 now and hate anime and can't believe I spent 120 dollars for an Inuyasha Box set
"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." - Bruce Lee
"
fortyb4five wrote:
Ranma 1/2 is the first anime i ever watched. Im 20 now and hate anime and can't believe I spent 120 dollars for an Inuyasha Box set

That's sad :|

Edel
"
Alexdaemon wrote:
"
fortyb4five wrote:

That's sad :|

You saw it here first, guys.
Ranma 1/2 and Inuyasha are the Sodom and Gomorrah of the anime world.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info