:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

To really appreciate evangelion you NEED to be a teenager. Without it the main characters angst is just too much to comprehend xD

and the get over the time doing nothing (and waiting for the new season) i'll rather watch Heppoko Jikken Animation Excel Saga. 4:3 here i come wuuuu
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
"
tsunamikun wrote:
To really appreciate evangelion you NEED to be a teenager. Without it the main characters angst is just too much to comprehend xD

Shouldn't "understanding what it was like as a teenager" be enough? Which is something everyone old enough to watch Evangelion without it resulting in SERIOUS mental trauma should be capable of. Then again, that is a theory I have yet to prove myself, as I haven't watched the actual show yet. I've seen the rebuild movies, but I heard multiple times that they're inferior to the series, so... that's that.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
it's not about trauma, more about actually liking ikari shinji or at least symphatising with him. even back in the 90's following his woes was hard (and his decisions because of them). but yes, I watched the series 3 times back then, bought the manga later on when it came out and was quite facinated by the whole thing. but this now. I don't think i would be motivated enough to watch it again. memories and how i would feel as a teenager are foggy at best, so seeing the show at mid-end thirties wouldn't have the same impact i would wager.
Oh yeah, if you're into cars, Wangan Midnight is very good. Even better than Initial D, in my opinion.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
The sheer amount of telling vs showing in the latest Jojo's is really ruining it for me. I don't know if it's an Araki thing or a David Productions thing, but it's so amazingly sloppy.

Write me a poem
VAC RGL RGI SOE DCC
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
DaCurse wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
The sheer amount of telling vs showing in the latest Jojo's is really ruining it for me. I don't know if it's an Araki thing or a David Productions thing, but it's so amazingly sloppy.

Write me a poem

Roses are red
Violets are blue
OMAE WA MOU
SHINDEIRU

So poetic.
VAC RGL RGI SOE DCC
so kanata no astra is loading, lets see if it is as good as i hope.
But hey, i love scifi and adventure, a combination must be good!
"
tsunamikun wrote:

If this is the same manga I remember reading. It should be good.
(⌐■_■)
"
RPGlitch wrote:
"
tsunamikun wrote:

If this is the same manga I remember reading. It should be good.

Hmm it was okayish. 3 episodes rule apply. Physics seem a little wacky(which always annoys me to no end) but hopefully the few hiccups were only done to get the show rolling. the ensemble itself looks promising, the puns are bad(but some were bad enough to be funny again)

and yes this season is unlike any summer season i've ever seen, there are so many shows I will be watching...

today its Uchi no Ko no Tame Naraba, lets see if the hype around the LN was real.

edit: is was ridiculously cute. no really my cup of coffee, but hey!
Last edited by tsunamikun on Jul 5, 2019, 7:22:30 AM
I still have to wait until the day after tomorrow before I can watch any of the new series. I'm pretty hyped for a lot of them though, but fire force in particular seems like it's gonna be a spectacle if the previews are anything to go by.

I've gotten the urge to rewatch spice and wolf recently... if only there was more of it... or at least an adaptation for the sequel :/

PS: Mobile internet at metal festivals is AWFUL.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info