:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

Inuyasha is the best anime of all-time.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
"
Wraeclastian wrote:

I haven't seen Inuyasha, but I'm fairly sure quite a lot of people would disagree. The most widely accepted "best anime of all time" is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and for good reasons at that. If you haven't seen it yet, watch it. It's absolutely fantastic.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
Wraeclastian wrote:

I haven't seen Inuyasha, but I'm fairly sure quite a lot of people would disagree. The most widely accepted "best anime of all time" is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and for good reasons at that. If you haven't seen it yet, watch it. It's absolutely fantastic.

I'm just kidding. It's my personal favorite show. Maybe it's just nostalgia from watching it with an old friend that is no longer around. You should check it out though.

I have seen Full Metal Alchemist as well and agree that it's a solid show. Heck, I even enjoyed Naruto and the Dragon Ball series. I have seen a few One Punch Man episodes and they were pretty good too.

If you or anyone else has any suggestions for a new modern anime with at least english subtitles feel free to list them so I can check them out. Preferably nothing sexual, thanks.

Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
Wraeclastian wrote:

if all anime was shonen maybe. Fortunately there are other genres outside of young guys with kickass powers decimating their enemies. But yes fullmetal alchemist was one of the best in their genre precisely because there was no stupid power creep or out of the blue powers people pulled to solve problems. And it was real fantasy, imagine that, no isekai or gary stu required.

And the most widely accepted is not really the "best". Pop music is of course not the best music even if it is the most popular. Quality is not decided by popularity, but MAL Scores(or anichart or whatever) are. So let's not give too much of a weight to something mood based.

now that dororo is over I'm desperately waiting for the new season. So many good titles (or better saying hopefully good) are coming, absolutely atypical for a summer season.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
If you or anyone else has any suggestions for a new modern anime with at least english subtitles feel free to list them so I can check them out. Preferably nothing sexual, thanks.

I don't quite get what you mean with "new modern anime", but I'm gonna try to give some recommendations regardless. It'll be a mixed bag of different genres, but I can assure you that all of them are very good shows:

Made in Abyss
Dororo
Steins;Gate (if you haven't seen it yet, this one should be top priority)
Mob Psycho 100
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (watch the first 3 episodes before deciding about dropping this one)
3-gatsu no lion
Death Parade
Violet Evergarden
Shinsekai Yori
Kekkai Sensen
Megalo Box
Houseki no Kuni (this show proves that 3D anime can in fact look fantastic)
Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho
@Charan, that Inuyasha comment was just for you!

@FCK42, I meant new modern anime as in some new shit that isn't already 10+ years old. Something that has come out in 2018 and 2019 perhaps. I will check out your suggestions though.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:

Made in Abyss (2017)
Dororo (2019)
Steins;Gate (if you haven't seen it yet, this one should be top priority) (2011)
Mob Psycho 100 (2016)
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (watch the first 3 episodes before deciding about dropping this one) (2011)
3-gatsu no lion (2016)
Death Parade (2015)
Violet Evergarden (2018)
Shinsekai Yori (2012)
Kekkai Sensen (2015)
Megalo Box (2018)
Houseki no Kuni (this show proves that 3D anime can in fact look fantastic) (2017)
Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho (2018)

That's your cue to remove your foot from your mouth, Wraecs.

To be fair... Madoka Magica and Steins;Gate are quite old already AND we were talking about Inuyasha and FMA:B before, the latter of which is almost 10 years old now.

Also, I probably should've added in the dates myself there.
I would call that a smack down.

I am watching i think it's called "the book of bantora", no clue from when it is but so far it's been a fascinating one.

Only six episodes in but the animation is done propperly and the story seems to be layered so far with unique enough characters and a funky world to move them around in.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:

Made in Abyss (2017)
Dororo (2019)
Steins;Gate (if you haven't seen it yet, this one should be top priority) (2011)
Mob Psycho 100 (2016)
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (watch the first 3 episodes before deciding about dropping this one) (2011)
3-gatsu no lion (2016)
Death Parade (2015)
Violet Evergarden (2018)
Shinsekai Yori (2012)
Kekkai Sensen (2015)
Megalo Box (2018)
Houseki no Kuni (this show proves that 3D anime can in fact look fantastic) (2017)
Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho (2018)

That's your cue to remove your foot from your mouth, Wraecs.

Thanks for the dates. I will be looking into the newer shows first. I haven't watched any anime for years and hopefully your suggestions don't suck or I will be here to poop all over everything.

Heh... funny thing about "looking into the newer shows first": two of the newest amongst them are adaptations/reimaginations of VEEEERY old manga. But, again, none of them are bad. Sure, there might be an episode or two that aren't quite as good, but overall they're all fantastic shows. And there's a lot more where those came from.

Then again, with that attitude as a baseline I should've gone with something like Testament of sister new devil or something. And no. You should definitely NOT watch that one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info