:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

Sit, relax, have a drink and talk some Anime.

Hours of Operation: 24Hrs 7 days a week
Happy Hour Every Hour!
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on May 8, 2016, 3:31:04 PM
Last bumped on Apr 4, 2023, 7:55:42 PM
To be honest, Sailor Moon was my first exposure to Anime as well, but Dragonball Z influenced me even more to get into Anime. I was also watching Tenchi Muyo and Pokemon around that time as well, and then, there was a boom of Anime coming out in America like Saint Seiya (Knights of the Zodiac), Cowboy Bebop, G Gundam, Gundam Wing, Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X), and Outlaw Star.

Once I became more exposed to Anime in the internet around 2004, I was never the same again.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 17, 2013, 6:23:59 PM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
To be honest, Sailor Moon was my first exposure to Anime as well, but Dragonball Z influenced me even more to get into Anime. I was also watching Tenchi Muyo and Pokemon around that time as well, and then, there was a boom of Anime coming out in America like Saint Seiya (Knights of the Zodiac), Cowboy Bebop, G Gundam, Gundam Wing, Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X), and Outlaw Star.

Once I became more exposed to Anime in the internet around 2004, I was never the same again.

The funny part is with Dragon Ball Z now that I am a little older, I can't believe I succumb my ears to all that screaming. There's a lot of screaming in Anime in general. "OMG NOOOO HE IS TRANSFORMING INTO HER FIFTH FORM!" Oddly there is always some new transformation you think is OP... than they slap with. 'WHATS GOIN GOING ON? IT CAN'T BE, THEY ARE MERGING!"

LOL... have to love Anime.

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
solwitch wrote:
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:

The funny part is with Dragon Ball Z now that I am a little older, I can't believe I succumb my ears to all that screaming. There's a lot of screaming in Anime in general. "OMG NOOOO HE IS TRANSFORMING INTO HER FIFTH FORM!" Oddly there is always some new transformation you think is OP... than they slap with. 'WHATS GOIN GOING ON? IT CAN'T BE, THEY ARE MERGING!"

LOL... have to love Anime.

Speaking of that, I have to admit I'm a sucker for transformations, mostly if they're new.
Sailor moon was my first anime too. Cant wait to see the new series.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness.
May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Edel
I still remember the entire Sailor Moon song... I remember while visiting my best friend at her University the entire Greek sorority heard me humming to the song and they all joined in. LOL...

I remember coming across Sailor Moon back when I was like 5 and liking it.

idk, maybe I should get into it properly given how popular it is and all. Seen heaps of it on tumblr and I've got some mates that have cosplayed from it too a while back as well they were that into it.

Also, I can highly recommend Puella Magi Madoka Magica to everyone here if you haven't already seen it. Although it takes about 3 episodes until you actually start working out the angle the show's taking. I'd say more but spoilers. Also it's only 13 episodes long so yeah.
Actionboy? Macross? Ultraman?

There was Ranma 1/2 and Ghost in the Shell, also Appleseed when I got older.

As mentiomed, There's Gundam and Cowboy Bebop, also Akira, Vampire Hunter D.

Its the artwork that got me hooked. As Western cartoons devolve into CN and Nickledeon crap, Japanese anime refined their art.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
My girlfriend got really hooked up on stuff like Sailor Moon and Wedding Peach.

My first Anime experience I can remember is Neon Genesis Evangelion. Good stuff.
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
My girlfriend got really hooked up on stuff like Sailor Moon and Wedding Peach.

My first Anime experience I can remember is Neon Genesis Evangelion. Good stuff.

You started off great.
Lets derail the thread a bit and add the first anime movie.
Akira with the original sub it was so cool and it still is.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness.
May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Edel

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info