Idea for Guilds / Guild Halls

Something I always wanted when playing Diablo 2 was a "Guild Hall" or a physical location where guildmates could gather in-game to chat, hang out, access guild vault, access their stash, trade, etc.

I have an interesting idea for Guilds in Wraeclast, that would (1) make a physical location for guilds (2) tie in with the theme of Wraeclast being a continent ripe for exploration and carving out an area to live/settle and (3) provide in-game functionality beyond a Guild Hall just being a meeting place.

My idea is this: Based on the level of the guild, the guild has a Hall they can access from the town in each act/difficulty. For a level 1 guild this would be something like a small cabin outside of normal Lioneyes Watch...for a level 10 guild, they would have a small wooden keep located in A2 Cruel...for a level 20 guild, a small stone castle located in A3 Merc. Lower level players could access their guild hall, but would be limited to only some of the features.

What is the purpose of locating the guild hall at a certain act/difficulty? Aside from a meeting place and guild vault, there could be 1-2 areas accessable from the guild hall for guild members to grind! These areas could either be tied to the average player level, or maybe there are a few different areas available depending on the level of the guild.

I picture these areas working similar to maps, only they would be the same setting each time (forest, spider lair, etc). Guilds can spend guild currency to upgrade the IIQ for the map, or the experience granted, or lots of other bonuses. This would add some nice grinding areas to the game that were guild specific, could be upgraded for more benefit, could be easily run with guildies since they all have access, and would be a great alternative to just grinding Docks or Lunaris or low level maps when you reach level 70+.

It could be a wilderness area that can be made bigger by "settling" a larger area (by spending currency, or accumulating enough kills in the area to expand it) or it could even be a dungeon style format where you build the Guild Hall on top of the dungeon, and as you investigate it and level it up you gain access to deeper and deeper levels.

Heck, it could even be a viable alternative to maps for leveling up...perhaps making "Guild Wilderness Areas" award more Exp and currency drops for those just trying to level or start a currency base, while making maps for of a treasure oriented pursuit by upping the rarity of items dropped in higher level maps...let the treasure hunters run their maps, and let the exp grinders grind in the guild area, which can be buffed and made better by the pooling and spending of guild resources.

Sorry if this is rambly! I think it's a great idea...it provides a lot of benefits and provides a feeling of closeness for guild members by having a physical location or lobby to hang out in.
Last edited by Halezor on Aug 16, 2013, 3:25:26 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
All I read was blah blah blah guilds get advantages over non-guild players.

Increased this and that and etc. for guild members? Guild only map-like zones? Castles?

WTF? lol

I would read more carefully if all you got from that was "blah blah blah guilds get advantages over non-guild players". For starters, they wouldn't be free and easily accessable...they would have a cost, a cost that needed to be shared by a group of players (as mentioned above). And besides, I'm sure things could be done to make sure non-guild players weren't "punished" for not being in a guild...this is just a suggestion and not a finished, balanced, implemented game mechanic after all. Come on dude.

Then again, you do realize that throughout all of history the benefits of working with others has overwhelmingly outweighed the benefits of working alone, right?

So why should videogames or guild mechanics be any different? Other games have guild/clan perks...some free, some that have to be grinded for. If someone wants to be a lone wolf, all power to them, but they won't (and shouldn't) do as well on their own as they will working with a team. That's just not how the world works, bruh.
Last edited by Halezor on Aug 16, 2013, 5:41:10 PM
This somehow implemented now right? Guilds having their own hideout?
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/
I think it should have some kind of personal reputation system, that you can't use things before you have been in the guild for a while... I dunno.

But that sounds cool, and nobody should say that guild members shouldn't have benefits over non-guild players, because to make that happen they need like 20 people working on it and pay for it.
So basically people who play more get rewarded more. I see no problem with that.

This is just my opinion, feel free to say yours.
I have no idea how to breathe.
"
This somehow implemented now right? Guilds having their own hideout?

I don't think it is, but you bring up an interesting point. Why not allow fellow guild members into your Hideout? If it were instanced the way towns are, it could be a nice option to keep up the social aspects of guilds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info