0.11.4 patch - 2 questions

"
1 - As this is going to be a very large patch & with the amount of fragmentation in the files from previous patches, would it be better in the long run to do a total re-download of the game client & start fresh or would that be redundant?

2 - My OS is win8 & the game is "INSTALLED" on my computer. To remove the game I have to use add/remove to uninstall it. This install was done automatically when I first D/L'ed the game.
Is there a way to run POE without it being "INSTALLED"? Can I run it from another drive or must it be "INSTALLED" to function properly?

Hey there!

1) If you don't have any issues with bandwidth restrictions, deleting the content.ggpk file and performing a full re-download would be ideal. Edit by Chris: Please don't do this, it'll just cost us a lot of money. It's fine to just let it patch normally, but if everyone downloads an extra few gigabytes it adds up to tens of thousands of dollars for us.

2) Yes, you can run the game from any HDD and it doesn't have to be 'installed'.
On my computer at home, I copied the folder over from my slave HDD and never actually 'installed' it and it works fine, so you should be good! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info