Unplayable Lag

Hello, I am a beta tester that really likes playing the game! It reminds me a lot of Diablo 2, my favorite game of all time.

Though the the game itself is addicting, for some reason I am getting some extremely bad lag while playing to the point where it gives me headaches from about 5 minutes. I do not know whether it is my labtop or its something other than that, I just wanted to throw this out there because I really want to get further into the game but I cannot currently from the lag. Mind you I am a very computer illiterate person, so ill try and tell you as much as I can.

So basically when I first bought the beta, it was awesome and running smoothly. But once I got my main character to level 9 and made a single character of each class, it started having these "lag sessions" I suppose ill call them. I'll play the game for about 10 minutes, and then the next 10 minutes will be laggy, and after the 10 minutes is over, it'll run smoothly again.

This lag, I could play with. But the further I progressed, the worse it got. It is now so bad, that there is no time of running perfectly, it is just constant lag so bad that it gives me headaches from a very short time playing it.

I have a 2009 Acer labtop model that says "The Republic of Gamers" when I turn it on from being shut off. It was pretty expensive when I bought it back in 2009, because I didn't want any problems like this when I'm playing my computer games.

I try and update all of my programs whenever a new update is avaliable and I have an external hard-drive that the computer guy at the store said "You dont have to worry about hard-drive space anymore with this". Thats about all I know that I can tell you guys.

I posted this because I really want to play this game more because I feel as though it has the potential to be one of the best out there, and I want to be playing while it begins to get popular. I really like all of the new ideas you guys are putting into it because it seems as though all games are gradually being simplified and unfun to "meet the average need".

I thank anyone for their feed back to help me try and get this awesome game running good again!
Last edited by Scurvydog on Sep 12, 2012, 10:25:12 PM
Thanks for the high praise! When you say the game is laggy, do you mean the framerate? If you press F1, what is it showing you in the graphs there?

Does your laptop get very hot when you play? When these lag sessions start, does the framerate suddenly drop? Or is it gradual?

If you could take a screenshot with F8 when you've got the F1 window open, and mail it to me at rory@grindinggear.com, we might be able to tell a little more. You can find the screenshots in the Path of Exile folder in Program Files(86x)/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile/Screenshots
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info