Lightning strike Mara LF help

Hello i'm in great search for help and guidance with my character!

it's a Ligtning Strike build im going for and recently when i have progressed to level 72 i have hit a wall. I cant progress with maps and zone farming without dying.

Build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtDq0UTRUgFm8Y2xkuGYUaOBpsIWAkqiftKU8ppSpNLOkyCTJ-Mok26TrYOuE8LT8nQKBDnEp9TP9N2FBQVElVxlfiWGNbr18_YEtnoGe9bqpyqXTtdPF35Xq4eu982YPbh3aI8Yx2jM-PRpBVm6GdrqIAplenCKeErKquk69stz653cT2xYrGrsbYz2XQ0NSP3Q3jauQi51LnY-w47w7vTvAf8i_yRfZI_Ev8xf4K

Defence: Armour=3259, Fire res= 68%, Cold res= 53%, Lightning res=24%, Chaos= -60%.

Offence: Lightning strike 4232.3 DPS none buff 5501,1 Buffed. 10% phys Life leech.

Lightning Strike linked: Multistrike(lvl 17), Mana Leech 8% (lvl 12), Elemental Proliferation (lvl 16)! ("Melee Pysh dmg, Faster attacks, Blind" From my Helmet)

Curse: Conductivity!

Aura's: Hatred, Wrath, Anger!

Gear:
Spoiler

I'm Glad for all the help you can provide and all positive and negative tips are helpfull!
Last edited by svartbob2 on Aug 14, 2013, 8:37:54 PM
^
^
^
^
Well I'm no expert by any means but a few easy ones:

-As Iron Reflexes isn't affected by dexterity anymore it's not really worth going out of your way for anymore. All those dex nodes you have are pretty much useless except as requirement for using an axe if you use resolute technique.

- If you're set on IR:
- You did not grab any armor nodes. Armor isn't great but it's much better since the patch.
- You're not using grace - must have aura if you run IR

- Haste is not that necessary to be honest. There are more important auras.

- Your resistances aren't great. Especially that low lightning resistance is going to wreck you. You need to find gear to improve that, or run purity instead of haste.

To be honest: if you have a lot of respec points I'd respec out of all the nodes after Iron Grip.

Even just a few armor nodes are going to give you a better yield on armor. Especially if you run the armor improving aura instead of Grace in that scenario.

And then you can spend some points on weapon damage; if you're set on using an axe, your current top path already allows for this. More damage + leech = better survivability. Plus things dying faster = more survivability.

buff grace/wrath/anger off your hp (grace first, others if you can afford the hp). Buff determination/purity/hatred off your mana. Use blood magic gem if you don't have enough mana (instead of mana leech).

Pick up diamond skin (resist node near iron reflexes). You aren't capped on resist, probably a massive reason why you die. I'd also get Elemental Adaptation (near Resolute Techniques) to be able to have +2 more all elemental resist. between that and purity at lvl 20 you should have 81 resist to elements. Make sure you over cap and you'll be fine.

Get more armor. grace will give you a fair amount, but you need more from gear, and armor passives.

There is a Lightning Strike guide in Mara section already, should Say ifartthunder or eightkilo somewhere in it. check out his passive tree and tips, it should answer all your questions. He's also a nice guy so send him a message if you need something answered.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info