Aura abuse case question

After reading a post about Alpha Howl being affected by the next patch then reading the patch notes more closely it made me wonder:

Is casting an aura while wearing an item that grants blood magic then swapping that item for something else considered an abuse case?

I have nothing against it and was planning on doing it myself once I got the item. I would like to know the answer though because if it is then I will need to change my setup.
Ask yourself if you think the outcome is intended design or side effect bug.
That will give you your answer.

Tip: never "base" a build on gear or gem swapping
Tin foil hats are a lie propagated by the aluminium industry.
Last edited by Rufus82 on Aug 13, 2013, 11:45:33 PM
As far as I can see, the only change coming to next patch is the Alpha's Howl(or any gear really) bug where you could use Lv20 gems in it and switch to another helmet with the same links/colors but any level gem and still keep the Lv22 gems from Alpha's which is now sitting in your stash.

They are mentioning further fixes tho, which might affect BM and Reduced mana switching. I really hope they don't tho. I like that it works this way in PoE, adds some flavor that other games don't have with only minor drawbacks.
IGN:
Standard: @MeowViking
Perandus: @VikingVortex
what about buffing redu mana then removeing it to bufff other aura's dose that count as abuse
ING=FireKittenCat
The patch notes specifically state auras maintaining bonuses or not.

"
Fixed an abuse case where auras would maintain bonuses from equipment if you changed out of that equipment in town. Upon changing area, auras will set themselves to the current level from your equipment. Other similar abuse cases will be fixed in the future.

I personally do not view an aura receiving blood magic as a bonus just an alternative which is why I asked if it would be included or not.

I didn't base a build on it, it will only affect which gear I plan to use. I haven't bought the BM item yet so if it is going to make it so you have to be wearing the item then I will just save my currency and not buy it. A lot of people use these items this way and the items with BM on them imo really aren't worth wearing just for that so I think if they changed it then those items would be used very little if at all.
If you're referring to The Covenant, GGG have said previously that they want to fix that bug.
The clarify what we mean by an abuse:

This is an issue we consider a bug and want to fix (and will be in 0.11.4).

We consider it an abusive case, but don't have a problem with players making use of the situation while it exists. Many things that make characters interesting do involve things that are quite mechanical, and some of these things would be considered abuses in other games.

So we don't want players second guessing whether something like this is allowed or not, and fearing they would be banned for it. While we don't stop people from using it, it doesn't mean it won't change in the future of course.

Exploits involving instance crashes, or attempts at dupes or repeating crafting attempts should be considered banning offences, but its pretty obvious these are both not intended mechanics, and not on the edge of reasonable.

Last edited by Midnitecloud on Aug 14, 2013, 12:45:07 AM
Thanks for clarifying.
Some of the cases Chris uses the word abuse, paraphrased.
"Aura quality is range because auras are abused enough in solo play"
"This build achieved a really strong end game character by abusing several keystones"

Abuse is not bad, not always.
Abuse is to misuse, not use as intended, but is not necessarily bad. In fact, in PoE, it is encouraged and not only because beta.

Of course that doesn't mean that every case of abuse is OK.
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info