A summary of hardcore Cutthroat rules:
- This is a separate short-duration league that has its own stash (as usual). At the end of the event, characters and stashed items will be moved to Hardcore.
- There's a PvP damage multiplier because players start with a lot more life than they do damage. This multiplier will be adjusted substantially based on feedback from this event and others.
- Players are hostile by default to players who are not in their party.
- You can ctrl+click on the entrance to an area to use the Instance Management screen to manually enter any other player's instance of an area.
- Cut-throat instances can hold a maximum of 12 players.
- This is a hardcore league. When you die, you will be moved to standard league, you lose the normal experience penalty for your difficulty plus 30% of your current level. You also drop all inventory and equipped items. Your flasks, skill gems (even ones in your inventory) and quest items are not dropped.
- If you were killed by another player, your lost experience is split among their party.
- If you attempt to abruptly leave the game in a non-town instance, you have to wait 5 seconds and are unable to move or use flasks.
- The grace period of invulnerability upon entering an area is 20 seconds. This should start once the player is mostly done loading.
- Non-partied players only show up on the map if they're nearby.
- There are no notifications for players joining or leaving areas.
- Portals cannot be used until they have been up for five seconds.
- You cannot apply microtransaction effects to items in cut-throat. You may dance and have pets.
Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.