Disconnect with piercing + power siphon [0.9.12]

If it's not assumed, this is a 0.9.12 bug (exclusively)

My client seems to disconnect (to character selection) very frequently when using power siphon against targets.

I think it may also require the pierce support, and possibly multiple projectiles as well.

I'm not sure what's causing it, but that's what I've gathered so far. It can be anywhere from a minute (or less) to several minutes of playing before the disconnect will occur, so it's a bit hard to pinpoint.

It can occur with no auras (or summons) active) — the only potential other confounders I can think of would be shocked (or burning)

I'm thinking the cause might have something to do with the bug fix for power siphon and/or the change of wand attacks to be projectiles.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Sep 10, 2012, 3:03:08 AM
Yup.

I'm getting it too.

Can't do a ledge run without getting booted...

Not using Pierce, am using LMP in conjunction with Projectile Weakness.
When I took out pierce and kept LMP (replaced pierce with faster attacks) I didn't get any disconnects for at least an hour of playing.

So I'd say it's rather strange that you're not getting it with pierce.
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Projectile Weakness adds a chance to pierce...

Playing at the moment it seems like the piercing is to blame as while not currently using PW I'm seemingly able to play without constant disconnections.

It is a bug.
oh.... right...
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
still active 9.12.b patch
Yup, crashes for me too. Didn't know what caused it but I'm using siphon and projectile weakness so it must be it. Mostly the game goes to login screen but a few times the application crashed and had to be restarted.

Lost 2 maps -.- First I thought servers were crashing all the time so I waited for a long time and tried doing maps.
[quote="globbi"]
Lost 2 maps -.-[/quote]While usually instance crash is what causes a boot to login screen, I didn't think the instances were crashing with this bug. Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention though.
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Last edited by Xapti on Sep 12, 2012, 3:34:36 AM
Played today for few hours, lost 4 maps due to disconnect.

Just now played with other person, lost two maps out of 4 - the other person have been using Power siphon skill.

Before, played in a group of 5 people, when projectile weakness was cast - mass dc occurred.

While before 9.12 it was possible to re-enter map through the lab (as long as portals are available). After 9.12 it says something like "Failed to join instance because disconnected from server".

It really sucks to lose maps like that. Also not being able to play in a group because one person uses the skill that causes everyone to disconnect.

Really hope this gets fixed quick, very annoying on several levels of play.
This is at the top of Mark's list to look into! Hopefully we'll have a fix ready to deploy tomorrow.
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info