AppCrash go BUME

Since 9.12 has been deployed I've had my app crash 3 times in about 30 minutes.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Client.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 504c3756
Fault Module Name: Client.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 504c3756
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0028fc28
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Never had this problem before.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Are you doing anything in particular when this happens? Does this happen in town as well? Are you using any particular skill, or whispering others?
Balance & Design
--nosound

CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Ram : 4GB Kingston PC2-6400 5-5-5-18
Mobo: Abit KN9-Sli (NF570-Sli chipset with Realtek Audio)
GPU: ATI HD4670 1GB
HD: Maxtor 20GB - OS - Seagate 500GB - Games / Storage / PageFile
Network / ISP: Wired / Cox Cable
Nothing in particular no.

It's happened in a map while running around.

Just now in town putting stuff in my stash, with an instance to the Dread Thicket open (not a map). (9.12c patch)

Sitting in town doing nothing.

Killing monsters in an area.

I've whispered people (9.12b and 9.12c) with no problem.

-Galileo Galilei
I forgot to check the report to see if it was the same data, but I just crashed again, this time while allocating skill points from the 9.12 reset on my fire witch.

-Galileo Galilei
Add the option --nosound to the Target box.....

Right click the Game Icon, select Properties, click the Target box and at the end add a space then --nosound.

"

"E:\Program Files\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\Client.exe" --nosound
Why would I need to do that if I have been playing fine since the last stress test weekend until now?

Obviously, something changed in this last patch that is now causing a problem. Rather than circumvent it, wouldn't it make more sense to keep experiencing and reporting crashes so as to help GGG track down the problem?

On that note, just crashed again on my fire witch, throwing fireballs at monkeys in The Cave on normal.

-Galileo Galilei
"
Archwizard wrote:

Obviously, something changed in this last patch that is now causing a problem. Rather than circumvent it, wouldn't it make more sense to keep experiencing and reporting crashes so as to help GGG track down the problem?

In case you have not noticed, several things....

1) You and a samll group of player are prolley the only ones having this issue....

2) The APPCRASH report is GENERIC, containing no real data - so only the crash report sent to them has relevent info.

3) You might just crash at the worst time within the game.

Actually do what ever you want. I am done on this thread. But just so you know, the --nosound is a way to REMOVE a POSSIBLE SOUND ISSUE as a cause to allow them to not have to go through all that as well.
Last edited by Greybear1andonly on Sep 11, 2012, 8:28:58 PM
No shit, --nosound avoids a possible sound issue? Who knew?!

1. In case you haven't noticed (and, apparently couldn't read) this is a new thing as of this new patch (shit, I said that before, you probably won't understand it again). Since the point of participating in a closed beta test is to, you know, test, I figure encountering crashes and reporting them fills that goal. Now, if someone from GGG says they don't need that, then I'll happily engage in a workaround.

2. I have no idea what those reports mean, I'm not that knowledgeable on that end. For the sake of argument I'll assume you're correct. In that case, what I am doing now is providing timestamps in an effort to assist GGG in tracking down problems. Again, if GGG doesn't need it and says so, I won't.

3. It's a damned closed beta, with everything happening now being wiped for open beta. See above re: beta testing and why we're here. Who gives a crap when I crash and what it might affect in terms of playing right now.

No crash this time, just responding to an idiot.

-Galileo Galilei
Hmm, if the --nosound prevents you getting further crashes, we know that it's because of your sound card, and that whatever changed this patch has somehow started causing it for your model. Chances are, though, it is unrelated, as 99% of those crashes are BSODs and related to other sounds on your PC.

Our UI guy is looking into the crash you've been having now, and looking over the local crash reports. The closest we've come to a cause is that it's probably related to a friend on your friends list logging in, so if you can check for logging in friends after a crash, and PM me with their name, that'll help narrow things down.
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info