Will accounts get wiped from open beta to release as well?

title says it all
No. GGG does now intend to wipe characters once Open Beta begins.
Forum Sheriff
Last edited by _oGs on Feb 14, 2014, 6:34:44 PM
"
sambackward12 wrote:
Will accounts get wiped from open beta to release as well?

The last wipe will be made upon transitioning from Closed to Open Beta. There will be no wipe after that.
Any news when open beta happens? I recently started playing, so I don't really want to have all my progress being wiped.
"
ju0n4r wrote:
Any news when open beta happens? I recently started playing, so I don't really want to have all my progress being wiped.

At the moment, open beta's launch has not been announced yet, but in the recent build of the week, Chris hinted that open beta will be out by this year, or what remains of it.

Another thing, we are in closed beta, so there is still a lot of bug fixing and more contents to be added. This is the testing phase of the game development, so obviously there will be major changes. Also, it would not be fair for the newcomers who join in during open beta to see beta testers ahead of the curve. It would leave a very bad impression. It is a MUST to have character wipe after closed beta for both game development and public relation.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 10, 2012, 1:06:43 AM
They will wipe all the characters for open beta, EXCEPT all the shared stash space or kiwi pet that you've purchased. ;D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info