Top things that irk me about common complaints

Why no ban for idiot OP?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
The max resist when topaz flask is active is either 75% or 76% depending on whether or not he took the inner force cluster.

Its 75 there, I know. ALso opens screen in beginning and you can see 65 light fire and 70 cold cuz 5 max cold from AA. Anyway what difference does that make i lol'd at useless nitpicking

Since he is using Aegis Aurora which regenerates energy shield on successful block and he has lots of spell block, it is hard to see how much damage he is taking at many points in the video.

No, not really hard. He has a lot of block. You can make out clearly. Else be a dummy and stay pausing.

A very interesting point is when he goes from 3426 hp & 1720 shield to 2038 hp in less than a second at 2:17 - 2:18 in that video.

At that point there is only one Piety left, that Piety is enfeebled thus having about 34% less damage, he doesn't have topaz up thus having 65% lightning resist. He is not at any point during that second shocked when he takes that damage.

Its 17% less damage on piety not 34%. He doesnt have topaz up, no it had just finished in fact lol. Which doesnt help your case at all. And it seems to be 3 consecutive hits that didnt make it past block, you can pause it and see it clearly, well I can make it out clearly without pausing. First 17xx - 8xx, then 8xxES - 35xxhp - 29xxhp, and 29xx - 20xx

thats 900-1400, no flask means x 2.85 x 1.2 (enfeeble) = 3085 - 4788,

I would assume the higher hit is probably the lightning ball not the cloud, or else a crit.

So no 10k base, thats just the stupidest thing i ever heard

That damage taken was without a flask on -max res map, and it still wasnt a big WTF moment for him.

"
Xavderion wrote:
Why no ban for idiot OP?

get lost scrub
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Aug 8, 2013, 4:08:48 PM
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
The max resist when topaz flask is active is either 75% or 76% depending on whether or not he took the inner force cluster.

Its 75 there, I know. ALso opens screen in beginning and you can see 65 light fire and 70 cold cuz 5 max cold from AA. Anyway what difference does that make i lol'd at useless nitpicking

You may consider it to be useless nitpicking, but it is common scientific practice to point out all possible significant factors. An effect of 1% or 10% are usually rules of thumb depending on case to case. 25/24 = about 1.042

You can only know if the player has given comments from which you can infer that he indeed had 75% with Topaz up or if the video at some point showed his stats with Topaz Activated.

I am not sure if you realize that Topaz with inner force cluster active yields 11% max resist rather than 10%.

"

Since he is using Aegis Aurora which regenerates energy shield on successful block and he has lots of spell block, it is hard to see how much damage he is taking at many points in the video.

No, not really hard. He has a lot of block. You can make out clearly. Else be a dummy and stay pausing.

It is hard because I've had at that point only made claims about about Lightning storm. If there is no spell block and the lightning storm hits him on screen, then you can be very certain of that the damage taken comes from the storm.

Due to the block and of course the lightning balls, a successful lightning storm hit can happen about the same time as he blocks another hit.

The damage of the lightning ball is not of interest to seek the damage of the lightning storm.

"

A very interesting point is when he goes from 3426 hp & 1720 shield to 2038 hp in less than a second at 2:17 - 2:18 in that video.

At that point there is only one Piety left, that Piety is enfeebled thus having about 34% less damage, he doesn't have topaz up thus having 65% lightning resist. He is not at any point during that second shocked when he takes that damage.

Its 17% less damage on piety not 34%. He doesnt have topaz up, no it had just finished in fact lol. Which doesnt help your case at all. And it seems to be 3 consecutive hits that didnt make it past block, you can pause it and see it clearly, well I can make it out clearly without pausing. First 17xx - 8xx, then 8xxES - 35xxhp - 29xxhp, and 29xx - 20xx

thats 900-1400, no flask means x 2.85 x 1.2 (enfeeble) = 3085 - 4788,

I would assume the higher hit is probably the lightning ball not the cloud, or else a crit.

So no 10k base, thats just the stupidest thing i ever heard

That damage taken was without a flask on -max res map, and it still wasnt a big WTF moment for him.

Thank you for pointing out that Piety had all its effect halved. I for some reason thought only the duration was halved for Piety, so I had to recheck the old patch notes to indeed notice that you were right there.

As for your comment about the player not having topaz up during that time interval: that's precisely what I wrote. You read wrongly there.

Returning to the highest of the three hits and assuming that's the Lightning Storm hit: 1430 dmg => 4923 unmodified dmg

Looking at lightning damage for human spells, one notices that the max damage is about 19 times as large as minimum damage. Since we don't know if the assumed Lightning Storm hit was a large, average or small hit, we'll assume that it was an average hit which leaves it at the
"10"-point in the interval 1-19. Which would mean that the max damage is 1.9 times higher.

4923 * 1.9 = 9354 dmg rounding to nearest 2.5k part => 10k dmg

We know furthermore that the hit was not a crit because otherwise it would have shocked him, which it didn't.
---------------

Since you don't like useless nitpicking, I'll point out again the whole point of my original argument:
"
Keep in mind that the lightning storm can be launched from offscreen and that Temple Piety is just a lv71 map boss.

Of course, if you are ranged, you can simply kill Piety by shooting from far offscreen (lol melees XD) or going the no-brain max resist shield + spell block melee path, but honestly that boss is unbalanced compared to other lv70-75 bosses. It is not properly designed. The difficulty should increase with each higher map level, but that one is not. It would be actually okay if it became a lv76 map instead of what it is now.

TL:DR Temple Piety is not a well designed boss due to how it compares to other bosses at similar or higher levels.

This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Aug 8, 2013, 6:35:40 PM
You may consider it to be useless nitpicking, but it is common scientific practice to point out all possible significant factors. An effect of 1% or 10% are usually rules of thumb depending on case to case. 25/24 = about 1.042

You can only know if the player has given comments from which you can infer that he indeed had 75% with Topaz up or if the video at some point showed his stats with Topaz Activated.

I am not sure if you realize that Topaz with inner force cluster active yields 11% max resist rather than 10%.

I know what IF does, and you cant be serious about 1% resist making the outcome any significantly different, unless the mobs did 5 trillion dmg.

And I told you already, he opens his screen in the beginning and I also know his build very well. He has 65 / 75 light res on that map without / with topaz.

It is hard because I've had at that point only made claims about about Lightning storm. If there is no spell block and the lightning storm hits him on screen, then you can be very certain of that the damage taken comes from the storm.

Due to the block and of course the lightning balls, a successful lightning storm hit can happen about the same time as he blocks another hit.

The damage of the lightning ball is not of interest to seek the damage of the lightning storm.

Its not hard to make out individual hits, they happen sporadically and clearly, except for the moments where the rng makes something like 5 hits in a row ignore block, like the case you discussed after this part. Stop beating a dead horse on this one.

As for your comment about the player not having topaz up during that time interval: that's precisely what I wrote. You read wrongly there.

Yeah thats what I said too lol

Returning to the highest of the three hits and assuming that's the Lightning Storm hit: 1430 dmg => 4923 unmodified dmg

Player gets hit twice for 900 (3085) and once for 1400 (4788)

He gets hit various times for 2xxx-3xxx dmg after calculations in the fight, so its safe to assume this is closer to the average than 4xxx.

I'm tired of repeating the same shit with you, after there's a video you can stop frame by frame and do calculations and realise he NEVER EVER gets hit for 10k.

Looking at lightning damage for human spells, one notices that the max damage is about 19 times as large as minimum damage. Since we don't know if the assumed Lightning Storm hit was a large, average or small hit, we'll assume that it was an average hit which leaves it at the
"10"-point in the interval 1-19. Which would mean that the max damage is 1.9 times higher.

4923 * 1.9 = 9354 dmg rounding to nearest 2.5k part => 10k dmg

[mod edit - removed]

I have never experienced this 1:19 variance with monster lightning spells in the game, its complete and utter bs. Test it on lightning mages with low light res, you will see the same 1:2 variance as any other spell.

Actually, you might want to start looking into some hard proof, all you have provided so far are words and made up theories.

You can actually assume the large hit was at the top end of the spectrum, since if you do the math he is getting hit on average for 2k-3k 80%+ of the time, and there are a LOT of hits to take samples from in that fight.

Last edited by Julia_GGG on Aug 9, 2013, 2:31:03 PM
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

(text)

You need to make up your mind, either we nitpick about everything or we just look at the meat of the argument which is:

"
TL:DR Temple Piety is not a well designed boss due to how it compares to other bosses at similar or higher levels.

"
mazul wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

(text)

You need to make up your mind, either we nitpick about everything or we just look at the meat of the argument which is:

"

Nice way of sticking to your guns! What happened to proving she hits for 10k? (lol absurd)

PS Temple piety is easy, consider your build. I am sure you have heard these words before, just didnt act on them.

"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

go cry in a corner somewhere else pls

The... the irony.
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
"
mazul wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

(text)

"

Nice way of sticking to your guns! What happened to proving she hits for 10k? (lol absurd)

PS Temple piety is easy, consider your build. I am sure you have heard these words before, just didnt act on them.

The claim that she can do about 2500 damage per hit at 75% resist was merely a partial tool used to motivate the main point which I quoted in my previous post. Since you are trying to choose to avoid the nitpicking, I'll focus on the meat rather than continuing nitpicking about things like how "absurd" it is to claim that any other spell has "1:2 variance".

Whether or not Temple Piety is considered easy with the right build is irrelevant. What matters from a game design view is if the difficulty level is appropriate when comparing to other map bosses.

Other bosses at lv71:
Carnage, Lord of the Bow, Monkey Bosses and Massier.

Lv72 bosses:
Spinner of False Hope, Shock and Horror, Asphyxa and Loathe.

How is Temple Piety compared to those bosses? I would say far higher and I am very much guessing that other map players would say that Temple Piety is far harder than those too.

The solution is to either buff the difficulty of the other bosses, nerf piety or do a combination of both. Either way works for me.
"
mazul wrote:
Other bosses at lv71:
Carnage, Lord of the Bow, Monkey Bosses and Massier.

Lv72 bosses:
Spinner of False Hope, Shock and Horror, Asphyxa and Loathe.

How is Temple Piety compared to those bosses? I would say far higher and I am very much guessing that other map players would say that Temple Piety is far harder than those too.

The solution is to either buff the difficulty of the other bosses, nerf piety or do a combination of both. Either way works for me.

I cant believe you would ask for buff to carnage or lord of the bow or mine loathe lol. spinner is getting a buff dont worry ^^

Your suggestion is so moronically and obviously subjectively-based it isnt even funny. 'Nerf piety because I suck plox'

Lots of people qq about loathe, carnage and lord of the bow being incredibly hard, but not about temple piety. She is elemental after all, way easier to counter than chaos or physical. It depends on the build they are playing, some boss can be very easy and another one very hard. Because there isnt one build that can literally faceroll everything in this game (Except AA marauder :P :P)

She isnt out of whack with the rest of the bosses, you are just bad that is all. She can be killed very quickly and easily with a flask, even with -res.

[mod edit - removed]
Last edited by Julia_GGG on Aug 9, 2013, 2:31:43 PM
Temple Piety uses the same template from Crematorium Piety, and I always found Crema Piety to be much stronger than Lunaris Piety.

They nerfed Crema Piety in the past since most of her attack would literally tear you apart unless you have an OP build can knock her out quickly.

Temple Piety is pre nerfed Crema Piety (not sure if they also nerfed the map version) since GGG expect most players at that point to be prepared for her.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 9, 2013, 4:58:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info