Official Blender Post! Lets theory craft for 1.2! 123k Cleave DPS!

I've been following that build since level 1 and i'm now in merciless act 3 (lvl 64). I don't know how you guys did it with your first char but i can't manage to get any good equipments and my life leech is barely enough for small groups which means i can't even farm docks or any other act 3 maps because i'm easily killed by those dogs.

Let's not talk about the non-existent mana leech meaning i can't use any other skills than cleave and with few gems for the mana cost. So if any of you have any tips on how to progress with this build through act 3 or get some goods stuff i'm listening cause right now, without the unique axe (infite mana) and the bringer of rain, i just wanna throw my keyboard out the window.

Thanks.
"
Jethro1994 wrote:
I've been following that build since level 1 and i'm now in merciless act 3 (lvl 64). I don't know how you guys did it with your first char but i can't manage to get any good equipments and my life leech is barely enough for small groups which means i can't even farm docks or any other act 3 maps because i'm easily killed by those dogs.

Let's not talk about the non-existent mana leech meaning i can't use any other skills than cleave and with few gems for the mana cost. So if any of you have any tips on how to progress with this build through act 3 or get some goods stuff i'm listening cause right now, without the unique axe (infite mana) and the bringer of rain, i just wanna throw my keyboard out the window.

Thanks.

I started blender in domination and now with 45 hours of played it has become really powerful character. You need proper gear, 2 * 200 DPS physical weapons, nice 4L, Wurms belt and multistike, all of that you can acquire even as self-found, i did. Mid 60s are the toughest levels to get through, wish you luck.
Standard IGN is Exiliero.
Ok ;s I guess i'll try crafting then, thanks.
"
Jethro1994 wrote:

Thanks.

Are you actually using cleave? If so, you should drop that for melee splash and dual strike. Hell.. even Reave may be a better solution for AoE.

You should be able to get mana leech on gloves/rings/amulets/some belts. If you've gotten all of the life regen nodes, then you should be able to use Blood Rage for a large boost in life leech. Only a little chaos resist is needed to totally negate the life degen on Merciless.

I prefer Blood Magic + Blood Rage. Always having resources to use skills = always being able to leech life.
Last edited by artarion on Nov 2, 2013, 12:51:22 PM
I don't understand alot about the skill tree so i keep the one mentionned in the guide. I managed to get a wurms belt and the gloves with mana/life leech but the problem is that my armor and resists are far too low so I have to make a choice, i've tried different skills before but my mana pool can't last with melee splash + dual strike + life leech + damages so i have to go with cleave+dual strike+life leech+damages for the best dps/life leech available.

Also, i'm using the cold aura which take 60% of my mana and i don't know if i should or not because i lose more than 1k dps on dual strike without it. I know i should have at least a 5L chest but i've wasted 15 fusing on my chest armor and got stuck with 4L.

Thanks.
"
Jethro1994 wrote:
I don't understand alot about the skill tree so i keep the one mentionned in the guide. I managed to get a wurms belt and the gloves with mana/life leech but the problem is that my armor and resists are far too low so I have to make a choice, i've tried different skills before but my mana pool can't last with melee splash + dual strike + life leech + damages so i have to go with cleave+dual strike+life leech+damages for the best dps/life leech available.

Also, i'm using the cold aura which take 60% of my mana and i don't know if i should or not because i lose more than 1k dps on dual strike without it. I know i should have at least a 5L chest but i've wasted 15 fusing on my chest armor and got stuck with 4L.

Thanks.

you can do with 4L just fine, Dualstrike+Splash+Multistike+Melee Physical in 4L and im doing 10k tooltip damage. 2-3% mana leech should be sufficient to leech back its costs (44 mana for single attack). you should def get multistrike, it helps targeting monsters greatly, so you are able to leech back life and mana more consistently. hope it would help.
Oh ok, thanks, i will try to buy that gem but is it wise to drop my life/hit gem with my regen issues ?
"
Jethro1994 wrote:
Oh ok, thanks, i will try to buy that gem but is it wise to drop my life/hit gem with my regen issues ?

you should get Blood Drinker passive for 2% life leech, then add Wurms belt and with 4% life leech you should do just fine. but resists must be 60+ to not being destroyed.
"
artarion wrote:
"
Jethro1994 wrote:

Thanks.

Are you actually using cleave? If so, you should drop that for melee splash and dual strike. Hell.. even Reave may be a better solution for AoE.

You should be able to get mana leech on gloves/rings/amulets/some belts. If you've gotten all of the life regen nodes, then you should be able to use Blood Rage for a large boost in life leech. Only a little chaos resist is needed to totally negate the life degen on Merciless.

I prefer Blood Magic + Blood Rage. Always having resources to use skills = always being able to leech life.

By this do you mean the passive blood magic or using the gem with Dual Strike?

I'm guessing it's the Gem.

So, 5L chest with Dual Strike / Multistrike / Splash / Blood Magic? What should the 5th one be? Meaning which gem out of Phys Attack/Added Fire/Faster Attack adds most DPS?

Oh and 1 more question hehe.

I am currently playing on Dominion as my 1st character on POE. Should I work towards the left side of the tree (Unwavering Stance/Resolute Technique/etc) first? or the right side (Iron Reflexes/etc) first?
Last edited by kc0716 on Nov 2, 2013, 4:42:01 PM
Okay, so I just got my hands on a multistrike and i must admit it's really wonderful, can't wait to get a 5L for either faster attacks / mana leech / life leech. I still have some resist issues, i'll try to farm docks or lunaris and craft some items.

I'm going to respec for blood drinker and see how it goes. about my stuff I need help about the gloves / belt combos, here are my 2 options for the moment :

or

PS : About the previous post, blood magic gem is way too much than i can handle right now, with multistrike the mana is not infinite but with a few potions it's okay

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info