Skull Hood Microtransaction and the end of Race Season 3

Oh wow.
I know that a lot of people will get that skull hood, so lot's of players will be running around with it, but I don't care. I'm still getting it for my shadow. GIMMIEEEE

thanks Chris
stop over moderating that makes the official forums useless
CUTT THROAT LEAGUE < ------------------------------

BEST IDEA

Please.
League of Legends
NA - Free Hooks
I hope you have some fundamental changes to race rewards because I am still unmotivated to grind them. On top of that, the rewards go to a league I won't be playing if there is new 4 month leagues, so I care even less.

I'd rather see work on a permanent cutthroat or PVP anyhow though.
Give me some hoodies!!! That looks sick! Please GGG release some Hoodies microtransactions!
i hope that armor 3d art is coming cant stand looking at this
UGLY doesnt even begin to describe it
IGN : Detrium
new hood reminds me of doctor doom!
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
"
Therix wrote:
Can we also get a Black Robe and a scythe skins for armor and 2h weapon?

So much this..

Grim reaper throwing fireballs would be off tap!
IGN: Wraewych (81 Fireball Crit Witch) - Selling her Gear in this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/416183
IGN: UnnecessaryPleasantries (81 HS / LS / IB Marauder)
"
Bhaya wrote:
"
Zerapheus wrote:
PLEASE please please go back to race times / quantities like Season 2. This season gave the shaft to a lot of time zone players, and as a night-time PST player, it's been disappointing this season. Few to very little races ran this season at 8pm PST or 12am PST.

So please! use season 2 as an example - more races is a good thing!

+1
I played only few races in season 3 because of its bad schedules and fewer races. Season 2 schedule was much better.

I can't say that season 2 was any better, since I wasn't here then.

I haven't played too much during season 3 because I've had limited time, and usually there wasn't a race when I felt like playing. I've only attempted 26 races so far; I did get to the first prize tier, but I was participating to explore the different gameplay rather than going for points or prizes. Most of my non-race playtime has been in Onslaught.

I'm not sure how to make things better; everything that I've thought of that would allow players with limited schedules more flexibility would also do one (or possibly both) of the following:
1) Make the placement points less competitive relative to this season.
Example: more races, or more races but with a cap on the maximum number an account could participate in per season, perhaps by race type.
2) Make it possible for the better players to race on multiple accounts.
This would allow players to (potentially) take multiple placement spots (and throughout the season thus earn more than one of each prize). This is in addition to any situation where multiples of a unique item could be earned by any one account.

This would be due to a larger time window to play a limited-duration race, which could be implemented in any of a number of ways.

Examples off the top of my head:
1) have a playtime duration shorter than the league duration, in other words if you create a character in the league you can only play for 1 hour, 10 hours, 12 minutes, or whatever. The league is actually active for anywhere from 6-100x as long as the playtime.
2) Have a window (example of 6 hours) where one race occurs multiple times, so for example one 1-hour descent race starts every hour from 5pm to 10pm.
3) The per-account race participation cap described above would also do this if it was substantially smaller than the number of races available.

Note that whether players could only play one character, play one of the races in the window, or only their best character by exp is counted, it would allow players to play the full duration of the event on multiple accounts.

I would argue that the latter is worse than the former, but that depends on a number of factors, particularly including how competitive GGG intends the race seasons to be.

EDIT: The players that would be able to place highly might not want to have alternate accounts, which could influence things in the other direction.
Last edited by SpeedDaemon on Aug 6, 2013, 8:17:02 PM
The Lost Season for US Easters with 8-5 jobs finally comes to an end.

Season 2: 260 points
Season 3: 80

- Just not enough race times available.

- Like the hood, not sure about the skull; looks a bit disproportionate IMO.

- No matter; keep the new content coming folks!

- And thanks as always for the update Chris.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
cant wait for season four I missed out on this season race looking forward to next season :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info