Resolute Techinque + Bow + Marauder = Viable in 0.11?

Hello everyone and welcome to my thread.

First of all, I am new to this game and I haven't really got that much experience regarding characters and the skill tree. However, I've made this thread because I need your personal opinion on Resolute Techinque and it's potentials as a bow marauder.

I always wanted to make a character with a bow and loads of arrows, however, I cannot really figure out how to build up one. The main skill I am planning to use is Rain of Arrows, however, I've heard that during the previous released patches, the skill has been "nerfed". Rain of Arrows now requires accuracy in order to be used properly, and this is where resolute technique has come up as an opportunity.

My question is now. Is it worth sacrificing the critical stats in order to have 100% accuracy? Do you really lose THAT much damage if you don't have critical chance? I am not experienced with how the damage scaling works, but does critical damage really have that big of an impact on your total DPS?

Also; if one of you guys have a guide or a specific build on how to make a Rain of Arrows marauder, please, do me the biggest favour of yours, and share it with me.

I am looking forward to hear from you!
Thanks for taking your time to help me out.
Peace :)
Rain of Arrows, or RoA, was never made with the intention to always hit, so it was actually a fix. Resolute Technique allows you to hit 100% of the time, which is very nice if you want to have consistent damage. However, it's less necessary now to get RT because accuracy/evasion has been changed. The takeaway message is that it requires less accuracy to hit monsters, so if you go into the Ranger tree and get some of the % accuracy nodes, you'll be able to maintain a high level of accuracy even without Resolute Technique.

Critical strikes can increase your DPS, but they don't really matter at all unless you specifically build for it. Those players who want to use crit must invest points on the passive tree to get more crit chance and multiplier. A crit build will indeed raise your DPS, but Resolute Technique offers 100% accuracy and allows you to invest in perhaps more survivability nodes (though this is not to say that crit builds cannot be tanky, they definitely can be).

Here's an example lvl ~90 passive tree for RoA marauder that uses RT:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEswUtDq0UTRR1FSAWbxcdGNsZLhmFGbQaOB0UIWAkqiftKaUqTSzpMgkyfjKJNYY26TqzOuE8LT8nQKBDnEp9UFBUSVXGVvpX4lhjWfNfP2BLZp5noGwWbqpyqXRBdO108Xflerh673zZgziD24d2iPGMz41-j0aQVZstnaqeuaIApMKmV6eErKquk7c-t7a5zbndvqfAD8AaxPbGrsbYytPNmM5xz2XQ0NJN1I_dDd7G42rnUudj6mLsOO8O707vfPAf8i_yRfPd9kj6sfrS_Ev8xf4K
Thanks alot mate!

I really appreciate it that you're taking the time to help me out and give me an example of a build with RoA RT Marauder.

I've got a question tho. I noticed that you're focusing on elemental damage now, instead of physical. When it comes to itemization, should I stack elemental damage only instead of physical? What would be best when you're using RoA?
No problem. The tree gets some weapon elemental damage nodes, but it doesn't mean you need to completely scale elemental damage. Often, RoA builds get good physical damage bows with some elemental damage on them. They also run auras like Wrath, Anger, and Hatred, so getting weapon elemental damage nodes can help increase your DPS.

You might want to check out Gankstaboo's RoA guide, but it starts as Ranger. I'm sure there are some RoA guides starting as Marauder, just try searching for them using Google or forums.
Oh nice! Thanks alot man. I appreciate it. May I add you incase I've got some more questions regarding this game? As mentioned before, I am fairly new to this game, so my game knowledge isn't that incredibly high.
"
The1stmage wrote:
Oh nice! Thanks alot man. I appreciate it. May I add you incase I've got some more questions regarding this game? As mentioned before, I am fairly new to this game, so my game knowledge isn't that incredibly high.

Sure
NOTE; If anyone has any tips or notes or more information regarding building a bow marauder, then PLEASE come and join me in discussing how to create a nice and interesting bow marauder.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info