[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Can you post some specs including which model mac you you're using? Unfortunately I cannot help you with your problem but am curious for your specs. From what I gather you won't get much help without them anyway.
Last edited by defendersofamy on Apr 12, 2013, 11:32:28 PM
"
Can you post some specs including which model mac you you're using? Unfortunately I cannot help you with your problem but am curious for your specs. From what I gather you won't get much help without them anyway.

Me? I'm on a MacBook Pro Retina 13.3". The loading times for the first time zoning into an area is also extremely long; 30 seconds to a minute or longer usually. And the game has crashed at least 4 times in the past hour just randomly. Sometimes I was afk in the middle of town when it crashed.
hi, i downloaded this game on a Macbook pro 2012
i don't know why but in game POE don't recognize my dedicated card but only my integrated card, and i can't change it.

thx for help :)
"
Andrea94 wrote:
hi, i downloaded this game on a Macbook pro 2012
i don't know why but in game POE don't recognize my dedicated card but only my integrated card, and i can't change it.

thx for help :)

Turn off power saving options
Thank you Julius for keeping the Mac Port going!

I have a new job, and there was no possible way I could keep up with keeping the Mac port running!

You are doing a fabulous job, and you put my port to shame ;)

Thanks for keeping this going for the community!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/29460
Im getting a strange problem I get to the login screen and it wont let me enter in my login details. im on a Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63b)

Anyone know a fix?

EDIT nvm my mouse is just way off.
Last edited by ieatbagels on Apr 16, 2013, 8:45:33 PM
"
Tyrkrol wrote:
"

Me? I'm on a MacBook Pro Retina 13.3". The loading times for the first time zoning into an area is also extremely long; 30 seconds to a minute or longer usually. And the game has crashed at least 4 times in the past hour just randomly. Sometimes I was afk in the middle of town when it crashed.

The loading times thing is the same for me, but I don't mind it so much. I haven't crashed, apart from once last week. But I have a solution to your loading time problem, providing you don't mind your game looking REALLY ugly. Like Gaussian-blur-programmer-art ugly.

Find production_config.ini open with text edit.
Display settings:

shadow_type=no_shadows
texture_filtering=1
texture_quality=3

Things will load instantly only macbook. They just look God awful. I went back to lower values for texture quality (the higher the value the less the loading time).
Yeah, changing to lower texture qualities really feels like going back to the 1990s :)

Still waiting for the next Wineskin update, I hope it is soon.
Hi there! I just downloaded the v4.0.2 version of the game onto my Mac OS X Lion, and I've gotten into the game perfectly fine, signed in and all, created a duelist, everything running smoothly, but when I get onto the play screen and try to move him, he's stuck! I click around for him to move forward and everything but he doesn't. He won't even move forward to pick up the starting weapon...
I did find out that I can move forward while mashing 'q' though, but it still does not let me pick anything up. I managed to talk to the NPC through hitting 'q', but I can't seem to do anything else.

I also made a Marauder (since there were threads talking about this problem with duelists) and I'm having the same problem...

My friends and I downloaded this game so we could play an mmo together while we're chilling in the dorms, since I was the only one with a macbook. They manage to be able to do everything fine, and I'm the only one that's stuck here in the beginning level. :(

I've tried logging in and out several times...

Is there anything else I can do to try and make my character unstuck??
This is really frustrating me...

(and I'm not sure whether or not to put it in the bug forum because this is the unofficial mac port....)

Oh and my Mac information stuff:

Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63b)
Last edited by Deiface on Apr 19, 2013, 10:59:09 PM
"
Deiface wrote:
Hi there! I just downloaded the v4.0.2 version of the game onto my Mac OS X Lion, and I've gotten into the game perfectly fine, signed in and all, created a duelist, everything running smoothly, but when I get onto the play screen and try to move him, he's stuck! I click around for him to move forward and everything but he doesn't. He won't even move forward to pick up the starting weapon...
I did find out that I can move forward while mashing 'q' though, but it still does not let me pick anything up. I managed to talk to the NPC through hitting 'q', but I can't seem to do anything else.

I also made a Marauder (since there were threads talking about this problem with duelists) and I'm having the same problem...

My friends and I downloaded this game so we could play an mmo together while we're chilling in the dorms, since I was the only one with a macbook. They manage to be able to do everything fine, and I'm the only one that's stuck here in the beginning level. :(

I've tried logging in and out several times...

Is there anything else I can do to try and make my character unstuck??
This is really frustrating me...

(and I'm not sure whether or not to put it in the bug forum because this is the unofficial mac port....)

Oh and my Mac information stuff:

Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63b)

Turn off any misson control / macros assigned to mouse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info