Nisse's Immortal Soultaker/Aegis cyclone build. including vidio's of 77maps, updated 18/9

"
Castablanca wrote:
The damage from Ming's Heart is better than damage from most physical damage rings and even perfect Le Heup's (which doesn't make sense because Le Heup is unbiased % damage increase).
To give you comparison, I directly compared the dps output of these rings:

and, Ming's Heart came out on top by at least 200 tooltip dps (cyclone).
The downside to Ming's Heart is the penalty on max life and ES.

Regarding my low life.
I used to stack life, max armor, and max resists with a Kaom's build
Spoiler

But, with this build, 99% of the time, nothing penetrates my ES. And that's because as soon as I take hits, my ES regenerates instantly. The only thing fluctuating is my ES (27k armor without granite means that 4% of 27k = 1080 ES regenerated PER BLOCK).

The only things that have been killing me are the following:
- insane spike damage (Level 78 map Dominus corpse explosions)
- damage over time degeneration (chaos such as viper strike or death's oath) and burning damage (righteous fire). The reason is that DoT does not trigger the Aegis Aurora. I actually need to be hit to stay alive.

great ty

i never thought that 2 Ming's Heart would be so strong and could beat the 2 Prismatic Rings! (which are btw. very nice ;) )

"
Castablanca wrote:
Here is my variant of Nisse's amazing build.
I call it:
The Double Cyclone Glass Cannon Tanker.

Current skill tree (only level 86).
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wSzFE0XLxkuGjIaOBv6HRQe3yXfJ-0oxSmlMgk26DrYQ2NGaUrITDVN2E4qT1ZQUFFgU99USVXWVw1YY1ivWNtY9VnzXz9k52aeapNsRm5pbqpwfXFNcmxyqXgNfNmApIFvguSDOITZhymKr4x2jM-QEZBVms-bg53EnjyezaC0pBmnMKeEqW6playqrK-zP7XytkG3Mbndvoq-p768wA_AGsOGxBXE9sbY0TbSIdJN1I_V7dlh51Lnkew47w7vfPIv8wbzvvZI97760vuq

Here's the level 100 tree.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwB5wJxBLMUIBRNFy8YkRkuGjIaOBv6HRQe3yXfJ-0oxSmlMgk26DrYQ2NGaUrITDVN2E4qT1ZQR1BQUWBT31RJVdZXDVhjWK9Y21j1WfNZ_l85Xz9k52aeapNsRm5pbqpwfXFNcmxyqXgNfNmApIFvguSDOITZhymKr4x2jM-QEZBVmSuaz5uDncSePJ7NoLSiAKQZpzCnhKluqZWsqqyvsz-0-bXytkG3MbndvYG-ir6nvrzAD8Aaw4bEFcT2xtjKkNE20iHSTdSP1e3ZYd3j4mHnUueR7DjvDu988B_yL_MG877z3fZI97760vuq

My gear (hint: it's very good):
Spoiler

Pro's and Con's of my build:
Pro's:

+ very high energy shield (1.4k) and armor (27k) to take advantage of Aegis mechanic.
+ very high damage (9.8k tooltip cyclone = almost 20k dps)
+ maxed Chaos resistance from only 3 pieces (Devoto's + 2 ming's)
+ maxed block/spell block: 75/65
Con's:
- very low life (1.8k hp)
- very weak against degen (e.g. burning, explosive arrows, righteous fire)

Interesting concepts:
Double Cyclone:
I use 2 cyclones. A 6 link just like Nisse's. But also, a 4 link for Life Gain on Hit and Blind (since I use Carcass Jack instead of BoR).

Double CODT:
I also use double trigger gems (2x cast when damage taken) to autocast Enfeeble, Enduring Cry, Molten Shell, and Ethereal Knives. The benefit of CODT is that there is no mana cost, and therefore, no need for linking Blood Magic to these spells, which also helps to maintain max life to keep Melee Damage on Full Life running.

problem with aegis/es hybrid builds is. that unless u got someway to steal ES u will have 0 ES on reflect maps, when i run 75+ maps with my hybrid my life pool is the only thing i Count as "life" since ES is almost zero all the time(with 10k dps it go from 1k to 0 on less then 2 sec) and u dont block often enough, since party take the dmg+ u/they kill evrythign to fast :D Especial on boss's it can be anoying.

Also with ur EHP u will die to most end boss's. spinecrack, necro boss, piety, even the arctic shooting fucker in the 72 map can 1 shot u (shot gun) so yea, as u say glasscanon, that will make it hard for u to ever get over lvl 92, since i think u will die to often.

2nd note, u can ez get Chaos resi without needing to sacrifice the amount of ehp u do with Mings, but i do like theier dmg too!! (just a shame u rape really fast without and dont really need it) but looks like a fun build! :D
Last edited by Nisseonbeer on Oct 31, 2013, 10:43:33 AM
damn good point about the eHP.
what should i do?
how can I get more eHP?
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
depends what u need ehp against, we got 3 dmg types.
physical, Chaos and elemental.
increasing ur hp Work vs em all, and increase the seperate defence, like resist and armour
"
Nisseonbeer wrote:
depends what u need ehp against, we got 3 dmg types.
physical, Chaos and elemental.
increasing ur hp Work vs em all, and increase the seperate defence, like resist and armour

I now have 30k armor (without granite) = physical no problem
chaos = max resists = chaos no problem
elemental = max overcapped resists (even after ele weakness) = elemental no problem

Only problem I have is Damage over time from Burn Damage.
It melts me. In PvE, no problem because I still get, thus regenerating the ES.
But, in PvP, fkers kite me and just Damage-Over-Time me to death.
Update:
I am now trying a chaos-inoculation variant.
Level 100 build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAP0B3AHnCAgUsBXXFy8XUBkuGjIb-h0UHoEhAiSLJd8n7SjFKaUq9iy_MBk26DfsOVI6MD0PQ2NHBkuNTC1MNU3YTipObVFgU99V1lZjVw1YB1ivWNtY9VnzWf5famTnZp5nvWqTbmlwPnB9cU1yqXgNe4x8u3zZffWApIIehAyE2YauiEKMdo9Gj_qTHZrPm4OboZ3EnjyezZ_LoLSkGacIpzCpbqmVrJisqqyvtkG3Mbw3voq-p8APwBrBxcLsw23DhsT20NDSIdJN1e3Xhtlh2t3b5-eR567sGO5v8wbzvvPd9773wffX-tL7qv8c

Current level 86 build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAP0B3AHnFLAV1xcvF1AZLhoyG_odFB6BIQIkiyXfJ-0oxSmlKvYsvzAZNug5UjowPQ9HBkuNTC1MNU3YTipObVFgU99V1lZjVw1YB1ivWNtZ81n-X2pk52aeZ71qk25pcD5wfXKpeA17jHy7fNl99YCkgh6E2YauiEKMdo9Gj_qTHZuDm6GePJ7Nn8ugtKQZpwinMKmVrJisqqyvtkG8N76KvqfAD8AawcXC7MNtxPbQ0NIh0k3V7deG2WHa3dvn567sGPO-8933wffX-tL7qv8c

Gear:
Spoiler

Keystones:
Chaos Inoculation + Ghost Reaver + Zealot's Oath
Gear Synergy:
Aegis Aurora + Shavronne's Revelation (Right hand slot = 4% ES REGEN)
Rationale:
Better Energy Shield buffering and regen!
Last edited by Castablanca on Nov 6, 2013, 1:02:33 AM
I just switched from the Blender to this (that cleave nerf hurts), and I'm now happy with additional projectile flaming puppies and dominus spirit massage (anyone give me a tortune chamber?)

3.5k hp, 14k armor with molten shield, 750 ES, 79 84 79 -60
8.5k dps with hatred

chaos is still a problem until i can get a ming's

Gear

Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwDhwSxBLMUTRcvGjIaOButG_oksCXfJ-0ppTIJNZI4ljrYPC094kd-SO5N2E4qT31RYFPfWNtZ81n-W69k52VNZp5qk2xGbmlwfXJscql07XgNeK5463rvfNl9dYBWgKSBb4M4hNmE74bRiPGMdpAKkFWVZpkrm4OePKIApBmnhKluq8WsWayqrK-18rZBtxe3Pr2Bvoq-p8APwBrEFcT2xq7STdN-1e3cgt0N5wrnY-w473rvfPAf89360vzF_gr-ug==

need a few more regrets
Master 8: All
CyclERa 93 TS/Puncture, CyclEWS 89 LL-ST
thread /463641 GMT+8
Mings not really needed for Chaos if u get Chaos on all items like me. but i gues its a cheap solution.

Vs dmg over time in pvp, not much u can do, i would proberly not go cycloen there, since u move so slow while killing. u could use a double strike gem instead for pvp.

But yea, not much u can do vs burn dmg in pvp. more fire resist. ruby flask and maybe swap shield to phoenix?
Last edited by Nisseonbeer on Nov 6, 2013, 3:31:04 PM
"
Nisseonbeer wrote:
Mings not really needed for Chaos if u get Chaos on all items like me. but i gues its a cheap solution.

Vs dmg over time in pvp, not much u can do, i would proberly not go cycloen there, since u move so slow while killing. u could use a double strike gem instead for pvp.

But yea, not much u can do vs burn dmg in pvp. more fire resist. ruby flask and maybe swap shield to phoenix?

My new variant of your build relies on Chaos Inoculation, max Energy Shield, and Zealot's Oath + Ghost Reaver to counter damage over time. The Shav's ring (4% ES regen) helps a lot too.
Currently, I have overcapped resists (enough to stay max after double curse - flammability+ele weakness), as well as 18k armor (enough to tank physical). CI = chaos immunity.
Now, I can purely rely on Dousing Fire flasks and absolutely wreck Fire burners.
gear:
Spoiler
"
Castablanca wrote:

My new variant of your build relies on Chaos Inoculation, max Energy Shield, and Zealot's Oath + Ghost Reaver to counter damage over time. The Shav's ring (4% ES regen) helps a lot too.
Currently, I have overcapped resists (enough to stay max after double curse - flammability+ele weakness), as well as 18k armor (enough to tank physical). CI = chaos immunity.
Now, I can purely rely on Dousing Fire flasks and absolutely wreck Fire burners.
gear:
Spoiler

A Question: How exactly do u benefit from Zealot's Oath while using CI?
I would go CI as scion rather then marauder.
This might be a bit block overcapped (havent done the math), if so u can put the unnecessary block nodes to more ES in middle or more dmg (didnt took the axe nodes near templar). Anyway the cyclone does enough dmg even without these dmg nodes, so its on your consideration if u want more survivability or not.
Last edited by jaksna on Nov 7, 2013, 9:56:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info