Nisse's Immortal Soultaker/Aegis cyclone build. including vidio's of 77maps, updated 18/9

First bla bla bla sry bla bla my English suck :-D

EDIT: for update on my stats/gear and current spec, scrool Down and read the newer posts, i will make a reply in the the treath ea time i update my stuff. I will keep the rest more or elss original, since i still think thats how people should gear when they start.

Been getting alot of questions about my build on my stream and in pm's.
I am not the best English writer and never really been good at doing guides, but i will try give u all a fast write up about my build and gear choises!

Pros:
High dps = fast kill speed, both single and aoe
High survival
Able to solo high lvl maps (been farming lvl 73 maps solo on stream at lvl 83)
Extreme fun to play and very diffrent of other builds
cheap to make with facebreaker and 5link,(less then 5 ex)

Cons:
lots of desync, really anoying and can be time consuming(atleast u feel u Waste time)
Group gonna hate u for killing all the monters before they get there
Expensive to get perfect gear setup for, soultaker 20ex+ aegis 5ex+ bringer 5ex+ etc
U get so used to never lose life that when u final lose like 15% of ur life u get scared :-D(atleast i do with a 4k life pool)

MY Goal for the build when i started
Spoiler
MY goal for the build when i started was i wanted to use cyclone without worry about dying/desync, i basicly tested on anarcby first and figured i needed a way to not worry about desync in hardcore so i made the build Work around aegis. This turned out to be way more tanky then i hoped. when i bounce back in the middle of a pack the block combined with the ES gain from Blocks can keep me alive without i need to worry about hitting something for life leech, a luxus u only got with aegis.

2nd goal was to not worry about lightning Thorn, that was eazyer then i hoped, a LoH gem and i could spind true 4 lightning Thorn ****ers without losing life + spellblock made me able to even GAIN ES sometimes, tho i will note to this, in maps i would run with topaz flask for safety, since if bad rng on blocks or more then 4 with light Thorn u can take alot of dmg, never been a problem tho.(loh gem can be skipped if u got aegis, tho i still run loh for safety)

3rd goal was not to worry about reflect dmg, the speed of cyclone combineed with LOH gem is insanely strong + the 2% leech from passive and 5% passive regen and u are immortal on big packs, but with blood magic build and 6link it can hurt a bit on single target and that was the reason i went soultaker, to be able to attack for free without worry about life what so ever is the last piece of survival i could add to the build, mana as a cost is not an option i would use, since its less auras u can use = less armour/dps. on a none aegis version of the build it would maybe work

My gear
Spoiler

Stats:
6.2k dps, 3.7k life 12k armour think 700 es? u can see that in vid, 62/22 block, got no screen shots since i have been selling out. On the lvl 86 i ripped with i had 62block 15k armoyr 4512 HP, 663 es, 637 mana, and 6060 dps, tho i had 50 less chaso resi and thats why i died. Dps looks low on paper in this build, but 5k dps cycloner kill faster then my 19k cleaver
i would want another roll on my life flask, like seething but i have been to lazy to craft 1 since i never need to use it :-D, Topaz flash is for piety in maps and lightning Thorn, the ruby flask is for lmp fire arrows and dogs, not really needed but since i dont really need another life flask and my armour is high enough so i only use granite on boss i felt i would run with 2 elemental flasks. and with +5% max Cold resist from aegis i dont need a Cold flask

MY spec for soul taker

For facebreakr u dont want the onehander notes since they dont do anything for u, but else its the same. if u build it as a ranger u gonna skip the life notes North of the templar + leather and steal, but would not recommand to build as a ranger unless u are lvl 90

Explenation of why i use the items i am using

weapon
Spoiler
This build Work with Any weap, including facebreaker. The best weap is soul taker since u wont need blood magic linked to ur cyclone, it basicly give u another socket for a dps gem + it make u survive better on low regen maps/ no regen, if u use any other weap then soultaker u will have around 270 life cost ea spin with a 6link, that is alot but with ur high life regen and with most dmg done to u, is on ur ES pool u are fine

Bringer of rain, and what to link to cyclone
Spoiler
Bringer of rain is by far the BEST(i changed my mind a Little on this, check NeXT post) option for an aegis build, 15% block is ALOT and will save u alot of passive notes, combines with the chance to blind and the high life u are getting a ton of survival of this item + 6exalts for a 7link is jsut cheap, carcass is another decent option since the ES on it is nice for ur "Health pool" +the extra aoe radius and dmg is nice too. Dps wise bringer vs carcass will depend on ur other items i have tested both and it was not a big diffrence, from 6k to 6.5k dps with bringer on my old char(the 86 i ripped on )

gems in the bringer should be cyclone, Loh, added fire, and eitehr conc or increased area of effect. u can swap added fire out with more phys on full life, since u got full life 99% of the time with soul taker, it give u more dps but i liek the fire dmg gem, i feel its more dps on phys resist mobs, tho u can argue more phys dmg = more armor ignored on ur target

Aegis
Spoiler
This is bascicly the "core" of the build, i have a cyclone build on anarchy too without aegis and with blood magic(facebreaker) its impressive how tanky aegis make u with 60%+ block. 4% ES ea time u block with 10k+ armour is 400es, more or less no monster will hit u for mroe then 400 at a time( apart from boss's liek Brutus), so u will be at full life all the time and only ur ES go up and Down, as base u can only block "attacks" and reflected dmg done to u, but u can get spell block from passive note at templer and from Rainbow strider + stone of lashwar.

I woudl only use lashwar on fights like piethy in maps(i never use lashwar but i know 1 tehre do), even there i dont feel its needed as long u clear trash first and then kill boss. i Preffer the extra dps/resist from a rare amulet like mine

Rainbowstride
Spoiler
The main reason for these boots is the spell block, the boots and the passive spell block make u able to block 36% of ur current block vs spell, Means if u got 62% block u got 22% vs spells, thats is enough for me to go afk on 10 firedogs in dock and make them proc my aegis often enough to stay on fulls ES.

RAinbowstride combines with aegis give u around 650-750 ES and that is also more then enough for u to never take life dmg, ofc there can happend some bad rng Blocks or u take a big hit there make u dip in to ur life or u fight in a zone with only elemetal dmg, but its less then 1% of ur time killing monters/boss's.

Other items
Spoiler
On other items u should focus to get as much life as possible and as much Chaos resi u can get + ele resi. U wont lag dps/kill speed in this build so focus on survival and then dps when u can afford those perfect items.

Play style, auras and curses
Spoiler
Auras, should be purity, determination, hatred and grace, grace u should lvl depending on ur mana pool, i ot 1 in 4 difrrent lvls, also u can run it on ur life pool if u want. When u get the resi u can swap purity out with haste.

curses u link with BM, so u can spend all mana on auras.
wrath and anger is more or less useless, u got no increase elemetnal dmg in ur passives but Again can be run with life if u feel for it i just dont see much need for those few 100 dps

From here its just rush in to any number of mobs and spin for the win

Vidio of maps i have done!
more highlights on the stream!

Lvl 71 colonade soloing, it did cut first 10 sec out, but nothing importent, this show that i almost never go to 0 ES even when i take some hits of kole.
Pulling the map a bit slow since first time i am doing kole with my new gear after i ripped
http://en.twitch.tv/nisseonbeer/c/2674949

lvl 70 underground sea. really anoying map with Black poo to slow me. But just before the boss u will see a huge desync were the power of aegis keep me alive + i go afk for 20 sec in middle of a pack to find a song name for a viewer, felt i needed to link it too.
http://en.twitch.tv/nisseonbeer/c/2675109

lvl 77 shipyard, running 3 man + i got neardeath in it
http://en.twitch.tv/nisseonbeer/c/2928625
Wanted to show how extreme bad RNG, u can risk to have on Blocks, but on the same time how strong it is. Also people often ask me whats the worst combo i can face and how to die with this build. This show how bad + lightning dmg and minus max resist can be in endgame maps.

lvl 77 shrine, running 4 man, facetanking piety at the end(not when she is in iceform)
http://en.twitch.tv/nisseonbeer/c/2950195
Sry about the low music and background noise, forgot to turn musik on, was not supposed to stream, but turn stream on in last sec to record this map.

Lvl 77 shrine,http://en.twitch.tv/nisseonbeer/c/2963007
just a small vid were we kill piety on 4 min only, i was able to facetank her all the time, well she ofc blink/run away from me(and damn its anoyinng)

lvl 77 piety clip.http://en.twitch.tv/nisseonbeer/c/2963042 just a 20 sec clip of icephase with dmg modifer. were she blink on top of me in iceform. I get hit by 1 arrow and lose 1k hp! and there u got the reason for, why u dont want her to get in that phase! :-D if i was just a Little closer to her and took 5 arrows i was proberly death!

Spoiler
Here is a short vidio of a neardeth i had in shipyard, i was 3 click away on my potions from death :-D
http://en.twitch.tv/nisseonbeer/c/2925913
We play minus max resist + added lightnign dmg mod on the map, rest is not importen.

I go in on boss+champ pack with + phys dmg and a rere with the aura thre give + phys dmg.
basicly all the mobs get their phys dmg greatly increased and then they get 90% of that dmg added as lightning.

In the first 5+ sec it go fine, the rare almost die, but suddenly i dont block anything (at thise time i have not used any granite or topaz, kind of stupid) and i get instnat 2 shock stack and dropped to low life, i try leap out but only stunimune while cycloning so i get stunned(now only 544 hp left), NeXT 2+ hits get blocked from aegis and take me to full life and i get away :-D

had to take a few min to catch breath Again after and we cleared rest, but i did Watch more out from thre :-D Done this map several times, first time it hurt, haha

PS feel free to ask any question here or on stream/pm or let me know if u need any help what so ever

]
Last edited by Nisseonbeer on Sep 20, 2013, 7:26:08 AM
Just a small update of my current gear as i promissed on stream

key diffrence is just that i skipped rainbowstride and bringer to get rare helm and boots + carcass, this combo give me more ES more armour alot more resist Little less life and dps, but more block/spell block. i am usiing lazhwar for spell block.
biggest part of life lost come from the life notes i have skipped to take more block notes(lost 15% from bringer)

Main reason reason for all this "trouple" is to get more spell block, more armour and ES sto sustain better on hard hitting targets.(farming up to 75 maps solo now, can do higher but i sell em)but also to be able to get resi capped without takign all the ALL resi notes and use purity only for ele weakness maps.

life i dont care about since i almost never dip Down to my life, only like with + dmg modifer on brutus or if a hard hitting Chaos boss.

current stats is
5.5k dps, 3.4k life 16.5k armour and 1075 ES, 67/42* block

old stats
6.2k dps, 3.7k life 12k armour aroudn 700 es 62/22* block

*phys block/spell block

This is what the new spec looks like
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQOHBLMFLQ6tFCAUTRjbGS4aMho4GlUa2xutIWAn7SmlNug62D3iQKBDY0OcR35I7kp9TdhQR1BQUWBT31RJVvpXDVhjWNtY9VnzW69fP2BLYSFko2VNZp5noG5pcU1yqXTtdPF673zZgW-DOITZhO-Hdox2jM-QCpBVlWaaz5uDncSePJ65ns2gtKIApzCnhKmVrKqsr7cxt9O53b6nwA_AGsOGxtjSIdJN1I_Xy9lh3Q3nUueR7DjuDu8O73zwH_Iv8932SPe--6r8xQ==
Last edited by Nisseonbeer on Aug 25, 2013, 3:30:00 PM
Made a few more Changes to my gear. Somt just pure upgrades, others for more farm speed.
Using devoto's helm now 95% of the time, happends i need to swap to other helm, but thats mostly on maze only if i decide to facetank vaal, plan is devoto will stay permanent on my head :-D

New stats is:
8,2k dps (2,7k dps gain, mostly becasue i dont use loh gem anymore but added fire)
3,5k life (+100 life, gained from rings/lvls, but lost on helm)
19k armour (+2.5k, gained on helm and belt)
1004 ES (- 71 from belt)
67/52 block (same)
77fire-82cold-77light-75chaos resist ( + 30, lost on ring but gained on belt and helm)

New gear
Spoiler

Spec updated (more or less the same, took more int and resi in the spec
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQOHBLMFLQ6tFCAUTRjbGS4aMho4GlUa2xutIWAn7SmlNug62D3iQKBDY0OcRmlHfkjuSn1N2FBHUFBRYFPfVElW-lcNWGNYr1jbWPVZ81uvXz9gS2EhZKNlTWaeZ6BuaXFNcql07XTxeu982YBWgW-DOITZhO-Hdox2jM-QCpBVlWaaz5uDncSePJ65ns2gtKIApzCnhKmVrKqsr7T5tzG307ndvqfAD8Aaw4bG2NIh0k3Uj9fL2WHdDedS55HsOO4O7w7vfPAf8i_z3fZI9777qvzF
great guide ty for the effort!

also great u mentioned all the changes in gear and skillpoints you made.
it brings much understanding this way, thanks again!

i'm so happy to see this post, as 'm using something simular but i have many issues at least to say...

first i play on onslaught lvl 80 curently (riped on lvl 90 as a roa from reflect xD)

i played with cyclone until recently (i dont use aurora, i use lioneye's remorse, have 5k hp, 17k armor)

cyclone by far is the best cleaning skill, with concentrated i had a tooltip of 4200 and it felt like 25k cleave or whatever, cleaning speed was awsome (you probably realise too that moving with cyclone is way superior too standing in place with any other skill, as just by moving you dodge all dangerous stuff - like for me because of -40 chaos i had to avoid poison alchemists - but i didnt run and hide like a scrub xD just move around them with cyclone and with their low hp and cyclones imba dps i would rape them fast)
-BUT that desync in solo was not a problem but in partys where you cant kill all (except trash mobs) in 1 - 2 sec was kinda bad - i mean i had one close call it was to tity bitches with - max or elemental weakness (dont have the gear yet to cap it) but i see many dangerous situations when u desync on 74+ maps - i dont use aurora but with my 74 block chance 5000 hp 20 k armor + endurance charges that are up like 90% of time because bringer of rain i'm almost imune to physical even to stuff like kole and piety in range (not sure if i could tank vaal on 74 probably not)

-you are probably imune too with aurora insta giving ES back, but how you deal with heavy hiters like for example blue golems with deadly mode? and your spell block is to low to be relaible defence i assume, so on maps with dangerous modes i guess you cant facetank elemental damage facetanking everything? - i hope for any feedback from you really from 72+ maps as personally for now i have troubles with - max mode and chaos dps

-i personally dont use life leech yet as i have high life regen 300 hp, and i use WED instead boosts cyclone from 3k to 4k, i did this because stuff that hurts me now - i cant leech my life fast enough vs that anyways and the rest doesnt drop my life at all

- i switched to double strike recently + bringer + wed + added fire + mele splash - at best effective as 60% of cyclone probably less but i dont get desync almost never and i can move instantly away (while in cyclone i couldnt stop it asap had to wait like 0,2 or 0,3 sec something like that and i couldnt spin on corners and many objects caused cyclone to stop - really anoying on indoors maps - i guess the cons of using cyclone, that little delay to stop cycloning and running away+ heavy desync were enough for me to seitch too far less effective skill but imho overall safer) - i dont think aurora will change alot here, it's simply mechanics that are not working properly i would say

i know its alot of text but i'm preparing for some serious maping in near future and if you had any experiance for specific stuff would highly appriciate it

- i know that aurora is overall probably better than remorse, as you are probably imune to all dmg that can be blocked even tity bitches with - max chain and stuff like that, but you would still have problems with those heavy hitters i assume ?
- aurora wouldnt help alot with spell block ?, lets say i use aurora its 75*0.37 (perfect rainbow + shield passive) ~28% spell block not bad but no something i would count on HC leagues tbh

As aurora is overall better do you think its worth for me to take those 6 nodes top left from templar for armor + ES and if i switch to rainbow strides + discipline i would have ~800 ES but my life would probably go to ~4500 and spells with - max (and ele wekaness for now too) would still pretty much rape me? (aegis is like 5 exalts maybe more ranbows with 25 block are 3 i would assume really a big investment to get little better defences overall, not sure)

my current gear

amulet will be replaced with when i get couple more MS nodes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg
hej broxxigar,
well with high block and aegis anything fast hitting is never a problem.
i can do teh LMP fire dog in cells with minus max resist. SAme with titti bitches they are a joke.

kole with + dmg or vulna dont kill me with granite up proberly not witout either. with out dmg modifier i take 500-1000 dmg ea hit without granite, so basicly if i block evry 2nd hit i gain as much as i lose.(thats without enfeeble on him, i use vulna, lol)

Vaal in maze i will alwyas try avoud taking a hit from his smash, with no dmg modifer i can take a hit if granite, ruby flask and enduring is up, i dont want to check without

hope this answer evrything else ask Again :-D
"
Nisseonbeer wrote:
hej broxxigar,
well with high block and aegis anything fast hitting is never a problem.
i can do teh LMP fire dog in cells with minus max resist. SAme with titti bitches they are a joke.

kole with + dmg or vulna dont kill me with granite up proberly not witout either. with out dmg modifier i take 500-1000 dmg ea hit without granite, so basicly if i block evry 2nd hit i gain as much as i lose.(thats without enfeeble on him, i use vulna, lol)

Vaal in maze i will alwyas try avoud taking a hit from his smash, with no dmg modifer i can take a hit if granite, ruby flask and enduring is up, i dont want to check without

hope this answer evrything else ask Again :-D

y thx for responding, avoiding vaal is always the way to go :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg
Wanted to show how extreme bad RNG u can risk have on block but on the same time how strong it is

Here is a short vidio of a neardeth i had in shipyard, i was 3 click away on my potions from death :-D
http://en.twitch.tv/nisseonbeer/c/2925913
We play minus max resist + added lightnign dmg mod on the map, rest is not importen.

I go in on boss+champ pack with + phys dmg and a rere with the aura thre give + phys dmg.
basicly all the mobs get their phys dmg greatly increased and then they get 90% of that dmg added as lightning.

In the first 5+ sec it go fine, the rare almost die, but suddenly i dont block anything (at thise time i have not used any granite or topaz, kind of stupid) and i get instnat 2 shock stack and dropped to low life, i try leap out but only stunimune while cycloning so i get stunned(now only 544 hp left), NeXT 2+ hits get blocked from aegis and take me to full life and i get away :-D

had to take a few min to catch breath Again after and we cleared rest, but i did Watch more out from thre :-D Done this map several times, first time it hurt, haha
http://en.twitch.tv/nisseonbeer/c/2950195
just a fast vidio of a shrine run we just had promised to upload 1,
really sry about the background noise in the start adn the low music, forgot to turn it up!
was not really suppsoed to stream.
lvl 77 piety clip.http://en.twitch.tv/nisseonbeer/c/2963042 just a 20 sec clip of icephase with dmg modifer. were she blink on top of me in iceform. I get hit by 1 arrow and lose 1k hp! and there u got the reason for, why u dont want her to get in that phase! :-D if i was just a Little closer to her and took 5 arrows i was proberly death!

and a another vid, were i facetank the bitch to she die! just to show how eazy it can look too :-D
http://en.twitch.tv/nisseonbeer/c/2963007

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info