Summoning/Totem/Debuff "Full Support" Templar Build

My inspiration for this build is the desire for for what is essentially an end-game support class that debuffs the enemy, provides party wide aura support, as well as uses minions to "meat shield" and can still have one had free to eat a Taco.
Complete build Link:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQUBAIpUSwCWxecEIzBkCMtVKg9mTEwRxEu8E2sjvhUh4QQWCb_SF-8Y3hqR8toguRWnKkMvETAa61k268VUOmnf7jrcqhVEqiW3SwYla1P66K9VHH1GVchswFYlF_9iEhoWYhby42URcrVn6TLUZ-4J6mjFQBl6ccf8fIbKGXzAId6CqinEg4Yb2oZziw-QaVMlkoCt2JktYbeb8CrFp5h6kanblmqtdvcusShgo7QO8i649X_tvfupccC_y8jGIRMCy0EdEdKRJwrYZqkl2ZuoEuSv3A7lY9BU5taq1-tgC43zX-1W9S27vPiTG5z-i-KuC9UqTUokjrN_qsgeMuq57JYcZWohedp69Tm6j_2YbdO9IbtWzcpmY0lHOJwHJsqW4jL7dWYSqO4_nl9NTTO-q3cAFgkaSfBJd6xxK3nSvmlEDfVEpy5ZzipDudezZGVKbsHV8f83GZ_zgTgiqyoFOdTRnIMNMSecPbebNywT8la0Cg9bwHD0ljK9ZtYLCtJZDibkRfdmO0kbopNcgql0QTDaOXDgIiIfBExkw1zZ3xS8gbjmV2DFvTbSHOqpvwdiyDkwAWM6v8icxUTN

Steps to success:
Normal difficulty will be your hardest, but fortunately.. you don't loose any EXP. For the first act you will probably play more like a starting witch with 1-2 spells, a wand and a shield. By the end of Normal difficulty the skill tree should look something like this...

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQUB_oviruVj0FRn7gnqm_AqxWURcrWZLWG3sShgoyC5Fac63KoVg4Yb2tKRJwoEIzBkrXb3LhYJv9LLQR0RenHH_LQO8i4PZkxMvfupcWfpMtQX7xjeE2sjvhHES7xiFvLjCMtVKhUh4QT1Lbu8Omnf7qnblmrm1qrXkoCt2ACKVEs=

Your main goal should be to get Minion Instability, a few +max number of minion passives and +1 max number of totems by or shortly after lvl 31 (which is when you can use the Totem passive skill gem)

Cruel difficulty should be fairly easy... but you'll want to prepare for Ruthless by getting some Armor and Energy Shield passives as well as by getting more Manna regeneration to be able to handle more minion spams with the added manna cost of multiple support gems.
Ruthless will play pretty much the same as Cruel, and by the end of Ruthless you should be starting to enter the Witch Tree (aprox level 48)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQUB_oviruVj0FRn7gnqm_AqxWURcrWZLWG3sShgoyC5Fac63KoVg4Yb2tKRJwoEIzBkrXb3LhYJv9LLQR0RenHH_LQO8i4PZkxMvfupcWfpMtQX7xjeE2sjvhHES7xiFvLjCMtVKhUh4QT1Lbu8Omnf7qnblmrm1qrXkoCt2ACKVEuGc4sPKkMvERqR8toAlsXn5K_cDnzAId7YZqklSwYla-tgC4249X_t2ZuoEjAa61nzX-1WViUX__iTG5x8hsoZ

From here Prioritize Number of Minions then Mana Regen, Survivability, Minion dps/ life, Party utility, or build as needed. I went with fire element passives but that's preferential, as is CI...

The main strengths of this build is the ability to use Multiple Totems. I used a Summon Skeleton totem, which has med to high initial manna cost, but it spams waaaay more skeletons than I could with that amount of manna which freed me to raise zombies, loot chests, and AoE with firestorm. My second totem was either a Spark based totem or Decoy totem depending on the situation. The objective of both being to keep the skeleton totem alive as long as possible.

For passives I choose to run Determination (Added %total Armor) and Discipline (Added Energy Shield) which benefited both Me as a Templar AND my minions (a LOT

The use of certain Unique items also played a hefty role but I do think that this build would be every bit as viable without them. The ones I found most useful are below.
Unavailable

Used this for the increased Energy Shield, but the +50% crit chance was nice too.
Unavailable

The reason for this should be obvious.
Unavailable

I haven't actually made use of this item yet, but once I complete the build it will allow me to cast 3 different curses that all last till the mob dies which I believe will be of some use in End-game content.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to post, and I hope you found this information helpful.

Alternative build (more Aura AoE no CI)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQUBAIpUSwCWxecEIzBkCMtVKg9mTEwRxEu8E2sjvhUh4QQWCb_SF-8Y3hqR8toguRWnKkMvETAa61k268VUOmnf7jrcqhVLBiVrVRx9RlYlF_9iEhoWYhby42URcrVn6TLUZ-4J6mjFQBl6ccf8fIbKGXzAId6DhhvahnOLD5BpUyWSgK3YmS1ht5vwKsWp25ZqrXb3LrEoYKO0DvIuuPV_7b37qXHAv8vIy0EdEdKRJwrYZqkl2ZuoEuSv3A7lY9BU5taq1-tgC43zX-1W9S27vPiTG5z-i-Kuf6rIHjLqueyWHGVqIXnaevU5uo_9mG3TvSG7Vs3KZmNJRzicBybKluIy-3VmEqjuP55fTU0zvqt3ABYJGknwSXescSt50r5pRA31RKcuWc4qQ7nXs2RlSm7B1fH_Nxmf84E4IqsqBTnU0ZyDDTEnnD23mzcsE_JWtAoPWw4m5EX3ZjtJG6KTXIKpdEEw2jlw4CIiH1zZ3xS8gbjmV2DFvTbSHOq9KZmA4vYHPRi6bYR-mmTT2zMiuK5zcQNOYownZ2J6uhqdWbTEuIU8C0-8R6bEp_82IwVX

Teshuva (Templar)
Last edited by Katanasama on Aug 31, 2012, 4:20:20 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
can you redo this in the new skill tree? It wont use the legacy tree and more passive links are bunk
Bump, please update.
Would love to see an update as well

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info