0.9.12 Information and Incomplete Patch Notes (Updated)

"
metisuneatn wrote:
Tried to read everything and sorry if I'm bringing up something thats already mentioned but I must ask,

Will there be any way to properly balance elemental damage? There have been posts about pre-patch items mixed up with post-patch items and making it harder to properly judge the balance.

At the moment we're paying more attention to the 1/2 week hardcore leagues for information about how people use elemental damage. Their items are clean.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Ows wrote:
"
CanHasPants wrote:

The important thing is please, please, please! Deploy the web-view passive skill tree a day early so we can preplan our rebuilt characters, and jump right into the game after the patch goes live!!!

Totally agree :D

It doesn't work this way, unfortunately. The game and the web site passive skill planner run from the same data. When we deploy the new patch, both update to the new tree.

In the future we may look into supporting a current tree and a future tree, but that's extra work that would just delay important stuff!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Brutakuz wrote:
When you click the key "Z" to remove all item highlights, maybe the items on the ground should not be clickable.
This is already available in the options.
"
ZaM wrote:
"
The bandit quest reward for siding with Alira has been increased from 30 to 40 mana.

Is this retroactive?

Yes.
Code warrior
I've updated the second post in this thread with new incremental patch notes (to be read as additions to the ones in the big post above it, of course).
"
Charan wrote:
Oh, those green quest items. Never has a quest item drop made me so unfairly excited than with this latest patch.

There's just something beautiful about that particular green, it does the same thing to me. I think it comes from the D2 set items.
Level Designer/Dungeoneer

Always post a screenshot with /debug command entered into the chat window.

First stop for Common Technical Problems
"
triada13 wrote:
"
When you're creating a character, you now hear a voice acted introduction to the selected class.

I correctly understand , there will be voice acting for all characters (different voices)? Like a example for full voice acting,or all this introduction will be just one narrative voice. :D

Each class has its own voice.

"
fearo wrote:
I have some questions. Maybe its not closely related with this topic and 0.9.12, but i see that GGG answer a lot of questions here. I hope i will be not punish for this. So are u planning to create more models for normal gears at the next patches. Now for example there is only 7 models for 2h maces, and they are reapiting all the time. I think that should be much more for betfer look, but i am aware that creating this is not piece of cake so just asking. As for now i see that mainly pay attention to creating a new uniques so here is my second question. Do u know in aproximatly how many uniques u want to do to the release? Also is there be some more similar opp weapons like that maul but other type? For example claws or 2h sword? right now for marouder there is no sense to.playing and creating a build for 2h sword if u can get dread maul what i see is pretty common. I hope that someone can answer to this. Sry for all misteakes, im taping from mobile phone and its not pretty easy. Also i'm not speaking fluent english, but i think that u are understand what i meant

It's likely that more variety of item models will be added in the future once we can find time and money to do so. We have a big backlog of uniques to add from our Diamond supporters. They will be of various item types.
Some of these seem like my area...
"
xenogfan43 wrote:
AWW YEAH COLD ARROW TIME.
Does this have a quality bonus or innate chance to freeze, or will it only chill?
Quality bonus does not add freeze chance.

"
xenogfan43 wrote:
Does this mean we can aim explosive arrows at the ground a-la meteor, designed to explode on targets that will be situated over them after the delay?
If so, cool, but what about aiming in the general direction of a mob and directing the amount of spread for your LMP with explosive arrow, will it be the same as poison arrow (ie: you can't do that) or will it continue to allow us to fire in the direction we aim without aiming at a mob specifically?
No, It's not like poison arrow, where you can target the ground, it works like all the other arrow skills, in that the arrow keeps going until it hits something. But now it will explode if it hits terrain (because it failed to hit, or pierced through, a monster).

"
xenogfan43 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Explosive Arrow: Now does not explode each time it pierces through monsters.

This is very disheartening, as the major boon of explosive arrow is how it culminates in many small explosions all hitting mobs for a much greater amount of damage. I'm hoping its mana cost has been drastically reduced to reflect its now pitiful damage state, as it has no real usefulness on single targets and was only used in LMP+Pierce(+life on hit if possible) groupings for AoE.
This is how the skill should logically work. It's an explosive arrow - i.e. the arrow actually explodes. The arrow can only end up in one place, hence one explosion.
It's always been intended to get it's own arrow art, which has been done since the skill was first made, but we couldn't put it in until we solved the various corner-cases involving them sticking into terrain (when you see the arrow you'll understand why having them just stick into terrain and stay there like other arrows is undesirable), and it's taken the projectile redactor to let us do that.
In the meantime, it was set to add 'charges' to things hit hit to indicate they'd explode, and the previous piercing behavior was a combination of doing the same to everything being pretty much the default unless otherwise specified, and the fact it was just doing arbitrary 'charges' rather than sticking the physical arrow into things at that stage.
Explosive arrow now fires an actual explosive arrow, which will stick into something, and then explode shortly afterwards. It can't stick one arrow into multiple things.

"
xenogfan43 wrote:
...Basically, any intent on changing explosive arrow's secondary explosion to being spell damage, bow elemental damage, or something in between so that it scales with your gear better?
And has EA's mana cost been reduced to reflect the massive nerf it has received?
No. It simply can't deal weapon damage (both for thematic and technical reasons), and while it could technically deal spell damage, that's highly undesirable, since it's not a spell.
Explosive arrow's explosion deals fire damage. It does not deal weapon/attack damage, nor spell damage, and is not affected by modifiers to either, because it would not make any sense. It is affected by modifiers to fire/elemental/all damage, since those clearly do make sense. There are no plans to change this.
There are some plans to make it clearer what damage is affected by what, but I can't guarantee at this stage what, if anything, will happen on that front in the end - it's not finalised.
"
pneuma wrote:
Should we expect a LMP explosive arrow to be able to stick into 3 unique enemies?
Yes. Each arrow will stick into one thing, then explode.
"
pneuma wrote:
Will the explosion from a single volley of explosive arrows only damage a specific enemy at most once
No. If something is caught in two overlapping explosions from different arrows, it'll be hurt by both.
I've updated the third post in the thread with a list of more changes.

With the minion improvements, they can be brutally devastating in 0.9.12. I've seen a minion character take down the Merciless Oversoul without getting hit, very quickly. Please do not complain about specific nerfs until you've had a chance to test them for yourself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info