2h-Mace or 2h-Axe..

Actually im thinking of taking 2h-Mace.. Because i like the Style of it.

Someone know the pro/contra of both?(or/and 2h-Sword)

If yes please help :D
Last edited by drag0n91 on Aug 30, 2012, 11:16:17 PM
Weapon choice determines what passives you get and what skills you can use. Ground Slam requires Maces or Staves for example whereas Sweep can be used with Mace, Stave, or axe.

If it's a first character, typically the best route to go is more of a "use what you can find set-up" where you avoid any Mace, Axe, etc specializations. You might use a really nice sword that you find for levels 19-32, and then pick up a mace and use that for a few levels, and then find an axe that blows everything out of the water. And if it's that good of an axe, then go back and pick up some of the Axe nodes that you skipped over previously. And then if you find an even better Mace you want to use, reset the Axe passives and spec Mace.

Obviously the above scenario will require changing skills around, but you're already gambling with the gear you find.
Plus maces only require STR whereas axes require STR and DEX,and thats very important to keep in mind since you also have to focus on DEX nodes.

Personally i would go with Axes since there are more axe nodes near the Marauder starting area compared to mace nodes.
Actually i decided for Mace..

I think it will be good .. thx guys
I am building a One hand mace + Shield Marauder focussing on stun with Ground Slam, Heavy Strike, Shield charge, Tempest Shield and Vulnerability

I will focus my passives on:
-+Life/+Life regen
-+armor
-+Shield block chance/defense
-+One handed/Mace attack speed/damage/Stun (NOT ACCURACY)
-Resolute Technique
-Blood Magic
-Leftovers go in +Strength/+Dextery/+Elemental damage
Last edited by Startkabels on Sep 3, 2012, 5:45:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info