Opinions vs Facts

Everyone has a right to express their opinion, and I agree with this concept in principle. However, any which way you look at it, if their opinion doesn't match yours, then they are wrong.
It is common courtesy to say things like, hmmm that's an interesting point or, you're outlook on life is so alien that I can't conceptualize a single point you're trying to make. But those are just nice ways of saying your wrong.
There are varying degrees of being wrong. If you barrack for a rival sports team to me then you are wrong. If you prefer a different genre of music to me then you are wrong and quite probably tone-deaf. If you believe in a different religion to me then, not only are you wrong but you're also going to be roasting in a fiery torment for all eternity.
If you disagree with any of my opinions in this opinion piece on opinions, feel free to express them, but know that you are wrong.
Facts on the other hand are different. Fact's by definition can't be argued. Fudged a little maybe, manipulated possibly, misrepresented fairly often. If you never say anything factual then you can never be wrong.
It feels good to be always right.

"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

Last edited by Hardlicker on Jul 31, 2013, 11:40:00 PM
v's?

you mean vs or versus?

you're welcome.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
If agreeing with you is right, I must be horribly wrong. Feels good.
"
tsoukalos wrote:
v's?

you mean vs or versus?

you're welcome.

Blessings be with you. Your teachings have been received well.

"
Fact: You misuse apostrophes.

I have never misused an apostrophe that wasn't of consensual age.

"
Edit: Fact 2: If you disagree, you're wrong.

Facts can be smudged a little.

OP is wrong.
Standard Forever
If it's so wrong, why does it feel so right?
So... If I like turtles and you don't.. Are you a alien?
When a banker jumps out of a window, jump after him, that's where the money is.
"
Xpire wrote:
So... If I like turtles and you don't.. Are you a alien?

an
The Russell Wilson Era
"
an

Spoiler
When a banker jumps out of a window, jump after him, that's where the money is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info