0.11.3 Patch Notes

if SELFCAST incinerate is viable now... its prob one of the best patches ever... cause i love bruning down stuff :)
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos
Well, look at it this way:
More 66 → More 66 of the same kind → more maps you can vendor for the next level :)

I know, not so great for endgame players. :/
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Add voice chat in the future please.
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Doomsdxy wrote:

.snip.
Its not like they're hard to get anything.
.snip.

how much $ have you spend on this game so you can get these items without issues? these combined cost 70 exalted orbs, more if you want 6L

best items in this game are broken. they are beyond any power curve present in this game. they are so broken that GGG had to reshape entire passive tree to adapt it for Kaoms. this is broken.

and soul taker is a nobrainer 1h weapon with no drawback and damage in 99th percentile AND has quite fun mod - attacks are free! feel free to stack one more aura!

I have been playing since near the end of Closed Beta, and am perfectly comfortable with the power level of high-end uniques. I don't own any of them, but know that if one ever drops/I ever have the willpower to save up and buy one, I'm going to be very happy. Trying to get the ultimate loot is a big part of action-RPGs, and I'm going to get much more excited to see a Shavronne's drop than I am an 800ES chest with great resists, if only because of the hype built up around uniques.

On the other hand, I do hope there will be improvements in the crafting system, as that is a lottery I find to be much less enjoyable. I love crafting in most games, and I love the currency/crafting hybrid in this game, but I feel like there should be a more reliable way for players to craft endgame gear. I'm going to appreciate a chestpiece I built from scratch so much more than one I bought, that I often find myself spewing currency on crafting, even though I know it is a terrible idea. At the end of the day, I am left frustrated because the RNG didn't fall in my favor.

Regarding this update; I'm really looking forward to chat integration!
IGN: Frostveil
What's a scroll rack?

Anyway, love this patch.
Last edited by Hornet85 on Jul 31, 2013, 1:57:40 AM
What about the skill gem? :(
"
Hornet85 wrote:
What's a scroll rack?

Anyway, love this patch.

You'll find them in the Catacombs (Near the market waypoint A3)

Happy about the extra map drop chance, even at high level. Finding them would be more fun if it wasn't just Wisdom / Portal scrolls.

More 66 maps = more 67 maps craftable = more 68 maps craftable, so on & so forth.

Good move

(Let 67's drop please :P )
IGN: Wraewych (81 Fireball Crit Witch) - Selling her Gear in this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/416183
IGN: UnnecessaryPleasantries (81 HS / LS / IB Marauder)
"
Rasok wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Doomsdxy wrote:

.snip.
Its not like they're hard to get anything.
.snip.

how much $ have you spend on this game so you can get these items without issues? these combined cost 70 exalted orbs, more if you want 6L

best items in this game are broken. they are beyond any power curve present in this game. they are so broken that GGG had to reshape entire passive tree to adapt it for Kaoms. this is broken.

and soul taker is a nobrainer 1h weapon with no drawback and damage in 99th percentile AND has quite fun mod - attacks are free! feel free to stack one more aura!

I have been playing since near the end of Closed Beta, and am perfectly comfortable with the power level of high-end uniques. I don't own any of them, but know that if one ever drops/I ever have the willpower to save up and buy one, I'm going to be very happy. Trying to get the ultimate loot is a big part of action-RPGs, and I'm going to get much more excited to see a Shavronne's drop than I am an 800ES chest with great resists, if only because of the hype built up around uniques.

On the other hand, I do hope there will be improvements in the crafting system, as that is a lottery I find to be much less enjoyable. I love crafting in most games, and I love the currency/crafting hybrid in this game, but I feel like there should be a more reliable way for players to craft endgame gear. I'm going to appreciate a chestpiece I built from scratch so much more than one I bought, that I often find myself spewing currency on crafting, even though I know it is a terrible idea. At the end of the day, I am left frustrated because the RNG didn't fall in my favor.

Regarding this update; I'm really looking forward to chat integration!

I agree with you on the crafting part. I won't say the name of the games (I don't know if its forbidden) but there are F2P games where you can buy items (for real money, in PoE it would be Orbs of some kind) that raise the chance for stuff. For example you can upgrade an item to +1 [Sword of Awesome +1] up to +10, with every level its more unlikely that the upgrade works. But you can buy items that raise the chance. I would like to see orbs that do that, for example: You trade 10 orbs of fusing for an Improved Orb of Fusing - this one can only roll 3+ links and has a higher (still low) chance to roll 5/6 links. We could even push it further, 10 of the Improved ones for a Exalted Improved one, that guarantees at least 5l or something like that!
"
sidtherat wrote:
Any plans whatsoever to sort out current situation with:

Shavrones Wrappings
Auxium
Soul Taker
Kaoms Heart
Thunderfists

you know, these ridiculous unique that are so powerful and rare that they force people into RMT? or force the 'less evil' players into noob-scamming (that is THE way to get rich in this game)

The longer this situation continue the more hostages GGG becomes to few stupid items that somehow slipped by sanity check.

Small tidbits there and there wont change the fact that while most items trade for wisdom scrolls there are 5-6 that trade for 20ex+. Even my cat sees that these are serious danger to integrity and longevity of this game.

Uhh what? You make it sound like these items are required to progress which is simply not true. Forcing you to use RMT because of how rare they are? So you complain about how these items are so good yet complain about their rarity? Isn't that a good thing? Would you rather have good items that are easily attainable? I'm guessing you want a game with no good items, yes? Nothing that gives you that heart-stopping feeling when it drops? Sounds pretty damn boring. Might as well go back to diablo 3 if you want a game that has no excitement when it comes to drops.

I agree that some of them needs tweaking(for example making it so using shavronne's only allows for 2 max auras) but you're making it sound like they are killing the game when in fact, like you said so yourself, they are so expensive that only the top % of players can afford them. To the majority of the players these items might as well be nonexistent since pvp is negligible so it doesn't affect you if someone else has X item and you don't.

Not to mention that the game is still incomplete and once higher item levels are introduced these items will be less sought after.
"
Qarl wrote:
Version 0.11.3
  • Incinerate: Now progresses through the damage stages faster and does more damage at later stages. The mana cost has been reduced at higher skill levels.

Fine. But anyway, i cant use this amazing skill because he cant CRIT. This is a huge drawback for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info