0.11.3 Patch Notes

"

Why there isn't an easy way to move between numeric chat channels?

"
Xapti wrote:
That is easy— unless you have no fingers. What's with this society wanting everything point-and-click? Point and click is frequently slower than keyboard actions for many things and is not as accessibility-friendly either.

If you want you can just set up an AutoHotkey script if you want like CTRL+SHIFT+# to enter global # and ALT+SHIFT+# to change trade #.

You missed the entire point in what KieranGravebane was saying. He is talking about Chat Channel numbers, and there's not enough keys on the keyboard to Hotkey every channel. He wasn't talking about regular chats via Global, Local, Party, etc. like I was on page 12 of this Thread.

Instead, a more easier way to move between Chat Channels (not chat types,) is to make a Scrollable Drop-Down Box showing all the existing Chat Channels.

With that said, point clicking is just as fast, if not, faster than using hotkeys. With Chat Tabs vs. a Drop-Down Box for chats, I can easily and quickly switch chats by point clicking each one continuously really fast, while if you were to try and do that with hotkeying each chat type, your fingers would eventually miss keys.

The idea behind a good Chat Window UI is to include both worlds (pardon the cliche) so everyone's happy. Those who feel like point clicking and point-click. Those who want to hotkey stuff can still do that.

There is nothing wrong with Chat Tabs. The gratification is much quicker in that you can see (especially new players) what symbol is used for each chat type.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Aug 1, 2013, 11:04:21 PM
I think my feedback is very much the same with everyone else.

Things I don't like about the new chat system, more specifically, new trade chat

1) Old system allows me to close trade chat when I do maps, and when I finish the map, I can open trade chat, scroll up, and check for any potential buyer/seller. The new chat system doesn't allow me to do that.

2) I think players are, at least I am, confused of which trade channel should I join in order to reach more people when I want to sell stuff. The most effective way right now is to spam /trade x, and advertise in multiple channels. This is not the most enjoyable way to trade, and certainly feels worse than the old system.

I understand the old system wasn't all that different in the aspect that not everyone is in the same trade channel. In most cases, people like to be given the power the choose, but in the case of new chat system, I think it confuses people more than the positive effects it brings (though I really don't good effects in terms of trade chat from a player point of view).

Although I think in the end, players will just settle for certain trade channels (ex: only use trade 1 and 2), so it will be equally easy (or difficult, one might say) to reach more sellers/buyers. But still, I don't like this new trade chat.

Things I like:

1) Global chat has become overall better.
IGN: MinusFour/Teeda
plz sort out the chat system .. , if i want to keep the trade chat open.. , i have to scroll all the way threw to see if any1 has pm'd me if i had to afk fo a few mins or so, you should be able to mute the channels and still be able to stay in the same trade/global channel , as of now if u close it , it'll auto put u in new room , maybe missing out on trade u might of had etc , also some sort of chat channel drop down menu so you could pick the channel to go into , or simply put back to full global ;)

sorry if i've posted this in wrong place or if any seems unreadable xD

any1 else ?

nvm i see people have already noticed , least it wasnt just me

+1 for returning old chat or putting inplace some sort of mute channel button which dosnt close for good

+1 for maybe a drop down menu for the chat channels of some kind
Ign: BlaZe_VorteX
League Service Threads: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1725051
Last edited by BlaZe88 on Aug 2, 2013, 12:34:17 PM
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Doomsdxy wrote:

.snip.
Its not like they're hard to get anything.
.snip.

how much $ have you spend on this game so you can get these items without issues? these combined cost 70 exalted orbs, more if you want 6L

best items in this game are broken. they are beyond any power curve present in this game. they are so broken that GGG had to reshape entire passive tree to adapt it for Kaoms. this is broken.

and soul taker is a nobrainer 1h weapon with no drawback and damage in 99th percentile AND has quite fun mod - attacks are free! feel free to stack one more aura!

I've spent 0 dollars on this game and I found a Kaom's.
IGN: NihilistCannon
Is there any easy way or is it possible how to send selling items to all trade chats? /trade all Dagger? :)
No comment on Global chat changes since I never use it, but Trade Chat channel distinctions is definitely an odd addition. Like others have mentioned, there is no easy way to look for potential trades since you may not be in the same chat channel as a seller who has your item.

A more useful channel distinction system would be:

Trade 1: Helmet Armors
Trade 2: Chest Armors
Trade 3: Gloves
Trade 4: Boots
Trade 5: Jewelry
Trade 6: Weapons

Since I assume that the majority of shoppers would not be looking for an entire set up at a single moment, being able to join a channel in which you are most likely to find your most needed upgrade would be far more useful than trying to search through 10 channels of sellers spamming everything.
"
RandyMarsh wrote:
No comment on Global chat changes since I never use it, but Trade Chat channel distinctions is definitely an odd addition. Like others have mentioned, there is no easy way to look for potential trades since you may not be in the same chat channel as a seller who has your item.

Since I assume that the majority of shoppers would not be looking for an entire set up at a single moment, being able to join a channel in which you are most likely to find your most needed upgrade would be far more useful than trying to search through 10 channels of sellers spamming everything.

Good idea. While splitting up channels by slot may be too fragmented (maybe not), at the very least there needs to be a channel for currency and a channel for uniques. Or perhaps there could just be 1 big channel but players could filter out messages, i.e. a list of checkboxes, so you could show only currency, or only uniques, or both, or neither. Bonus points for being able to filter out posts based on # of items linked. Personally, I'm not interested in the wares of anyone spamming 3-lines worth of items, and would like a method of ignoring those people that doesn't involve the /ignore command :).
IGN: Jihokinetic
"
minus4 wrote:

2) I think players are, at least I am, confused of which trade channel should I join in order to reach more people when I want to sell stuff. The most effective way right now is to spam /trade x, and advertise in multiple channels. This is not the most enjoyable way to trade, and certainly feels worse than the old system.
You don't think trade 1 and trade 2 have the most people? Isn't that just common sense? If it wasn't, I'm telling you that now.

While it's true there's issues with the current chat, that was not a problem that this change introduced. You seem to be under the impression that there was only one trade channel before or something. Before this change, I think there were multiple trade chats and you could not choose which one you were in— that was far worse. The change improved the system, it could just still benefit from a little bit more improvement.

"

You missed the entire point in what KieranGravebane was saying.
No, I understood what he was talking about. It's not hard to type /trade 3. Some kids these days are so damn lazy they think typing is like a chore or something. Typing is the most effective way to achieve numerous things; no professional gamer in a game like Starcraft or LoL or even some FPS game will play without making extensive use of keyboard commands. They aren't typically typing out whole words, but it certainly applies to bound hotkeys (just bind ctrl-t to "/trade " and then just type your number after). And if you've ever played a MUD, they oftentimes ARE typing out words, and people achieve many times faster actions in MUDs than they do in many contemporary games.

"

Instead, a more easier way to move between Chat Channels (not chat types,) is to make a Scrollable Drop-Down Box showing all the existing Chat Channels.

With that said, point clicking is just as fast, if not, faster than using hotkeys. With Chat Tabs vs. a Drop-Down Box for chats, I can easily and quickly switch chats by point clicking each one continuously really fast, while if you were to try and do that with hotkeying each chat type, your fingers would eventually miss keys.

The idea behind a good Chat Window UI is to include both worlds (pardon the cliche) so everyone's happy. Those who feel like point clicking and point-click. Those who want to hotkey stuff can still do that.
I'd assert it's not any easier; perhaps just a bit more intuitive. Mice miss-click just as keys can be missed (although If you're competent with your keyboard or are looking at your keyboard, I don't understand how a person could ever more than extremely rarely miss a key). It's also most certainly NOT faster to scroll through a list of channels to go to trade 50 than it is to type /trade 50, nor is it faster to scroll through a list to go to trade 5 when you can just type ctrl+5, or ctrl+t 5<enter>.
While options are nice, I don't consider it to be worth the development time and effort. Time is money and there are much better things to be working on than stuff like that.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Aug 6, 2013, 9:34:02 PM
"
Xapti wrote:
No, I understood what he was talking about. It's not hard to type /trade 3. Some kids these days are so damn lazy they think typing is like a chore or something. Typing is the most effective way to achieve numerous things; no professional gamer in a game like Starcraft or LoL or even some FPS game will play without making extensive use of keyboard commands. They aren't typically typing out whole words, but it certainly applies to bound hotkeys (just bind ctrl-t to "/trade " and then just type your number after). And if you've ever played a MUD, they oftentimes ARE typing out words, and people achieve many times faster actions in MUDs than they do in many contemporary games.

Actually I'm not a kid, so don't say things you're not certain of. I didn't know there was a /trade function (since it's not written anywhere and I haven't had the curiosity to test it). Thank you for the information btw.

While searching for the new chats limits I've just realized that there's an absurdal number of channels available (It's over 9000!). 65534 chat channels for both trade and global chats to be precise. What the fuck is going on here?!

"
Jihoko wrote:
"
RandyMarsh wrote:

Good idea. While splitting up channels by slot may be too fragmented (maybe not), at the very least there needs to be a channel for currency and a channel for uniques. Or perhaps there could just be 1 big channel but players could filter out messages, i.e. a list of checkboxes, so you could show only currency, or only uniques, or both, or neither. Bonus points for being able to filter out posts based on # of items linked. Personally, I'm not interested in the wares of anyone spamming 3-lines worth of items, and would like a method of ignoring those people that doesn't involve the /ignore command :).

I think these are, indeed, nice ideas and can be applied into something viable. +1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info