New marauder build/gear feedback

I've just hit 62 on my Marauder after a bit over a week of winging it, and I'd love some advice/feedback on how I can improve or if I'm doing anything inherently wrong.

I downed Vaal Overseer after a few deaths (twice actually due to a crash), and have been doing a few 60 maps.

So far it's been pretty easy, the only mobs that give me a hard time really are Boiling Ambushers which I guess I just need some resists for. Bosses are fine, although I sometimes have to kite/frostwall if I start taking too much damage

Build

My build is pretty cookie cutter, when I started I just grabbed what most people seemed to be rolling with, and made some changes here and there. I haven't picked up unwavering stance as I never get stunned, the +30 Int is due to gem requirements. Currently I'm going for Think Skin, after that I'm not really sure, I'm tempted to go for a +1 Frenzy charge due to always using Blood Rage.

Gear

Spoiler

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

The gems in my weapon & boots are there just for leveling. The boots kinda screw me a bit when on low life, but I haven't really seen anything that would be an upgrade. I got lucky with the 5L chest which dropped early on, I crafted it up from a white item, although I think I probably could have done better and should maybe reroll it. I've also got a 6S that I'm blowing all my fusings on.

Gameplay

4000 DPS
1900 HP
5000 Armor

I've been using groundslam exclusively, and hit for 4k with 3 frenzy stacks up. I can do ~6k heavy strike if I gem into it, but I don't see the point going for single target.

I roll with Anger, Grace, Wrath (anger & grace on my alternative weapon), molten shell and blood rage. I try keep my 3 stacks of frenzy up permanently, so phase run to get around faster. I use warlord's Mark if things get a bit dicey, for the extra life leech, but generally it isn't needed.

Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Procurement  : The Ultimate Exile's Companion!
Forum Thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172710/page/1
Github : https://github.com/Stickymaddness/Procurement/
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
After Thick Skin, I would back track and pick up Leather & Steel for the added bonus to Armor and Evasion which converts to more armor. If you are going to use Iron Reflexes, I'd suggest picking up some evasion armor as the bonuses to evasion converted to armor are greater than armor. You may already have a few pieces in your bank if you save gear like I do.

Add another modifier to your Granite Flask. Might get lucky and get an increased duration or increased charge recovery.

Heavy Strike is situational and for bosses that need an extra ass kicking. If gemmed properly, I'm kind of surprised that it doesn't have far more than 6k if Ground Slam is 4k. 62% more physical damage, so with the same passives as GS, should be over 7k. Personally, I prefer HS a lot of times. The extra knockback and faster attacks can continuously knock back enemies and sometimes make it so they can't attack at all because they are too busy trying to get within striking range. But if GS is working for you, no need to change a good thing. I just recommend eventually get a statted HS as a boss damager and your IQ modified GS as a finisher.
Thanks for the reply. Going for Leather & Steel sounds great, as the extra frenzy node is right there as well. I completely missed that I was missing a modifier on my granite flask! I haven't been able to get much gear with evasion on it so far, but I at least get a big bump from Grace.

To be honest I haven't checked Heavy Strike for a while, so it might well be higher than 6k. Initially I was using HS as my primary, but after a while I found it more effective to rather go for AoE. Boss wise, the extra damage from HS is awesome, but taking out ads can be tricky vs being able to wipe them all out with 1-2 ground slams.
Procurement  : The Ultimate Exile's Companion!
Forum Thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172710/page/1
Github : https://github.com/Stickymaddness/Procurement/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info