Why charity won't change your karma

Phone rings.....Well I'll get it then. Trying to finish my child's reading homework with him whilst the missus was lazing in the tub.
"Hi my name is Leanne(name changed for the protection of whatever law I may be breaching)and I'm from the Guide Dog Society".
After I politely told her to go perform some act that is categorically impossible to do to oneself, I hung up. But I couldn't help thinking to myself, Am I a selfish bastard who won't give generously to a worthy cause? especially considering that I'm a dog lover (not in the weird let the dog lick your mouth type way).
I guess I just hate the blind, pretty easy target as I know that they won't read this anyways.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

Is there a niche for interesting?

Or was that more of a backhanded compliment such as, unique or special?
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

I have no idea how the thread title relates to the OP.

I'm finding it hard to think of a job worse than Leanne's.
We give to Charity and it feels great when we do. But I told the various organizations that if they want us to continue donating, never ever call.

"
Hardlicker wrote:
After I politely told her to go perform some act that is categorically impossible to do to oneself
Masturbation is completely possible.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I don't think that was what he was telling her to do. I envisioned more of a head up one's own. If you get my drift.
Having been unfortunate enough to have worked a telemarketing job before, I try to be polite in my refusals when I get those calls.

I do, however, tend to get rude when my polite requests to stop calling my home go ignored. When the wife and I bought our house we were inundated with calls trying to get us to refinance all from one company (as many as 8-10 calls a week). I politely told the people on the phone (a different person each time) that I wasn't interested at the time and that if I ever wanted to re-fi I would seek out a company with whom to do business.

After several weeks of continued calls I finally asked to speak to a supervisor and laid into him. Felt a little bad for doing it, as these are just people trying to earn a living, but at least the unsolicited calls stopped.

I just try to keep in mind that these folks are at least trying to carry their own weight by getting a job. I'd much rather deal with the occasional unwanted phone call from someone willing to work than deal with the countless people who are capable of working but choose to sit at home being paid not to out of my paycheck.
What really annoys me are all those charities who think they can exploit the time before Christmas for some extra $$$ It really shouldn't be necessary for a worthy cause. Which is what I also once told random charity guy #3 knocking at my door on one day. Interestingly enough, we never got another visit from any of them.
As for phone calls, it depends. Usually, I try to decline politely but I do get rude fast if I'm getting pestered on and on and gloves are definately off when someone opens their call with a flat out lie. Like the lottery lady who claimed that we played with them before and failed to collect a reward (we certainly didn't use their "services") and, when asked who gave them our number answered "some of your friends". Well, let's just say they never called back, either. :-D
What also works sometimes is asking for their company, address and full name and then threaten to send them an invoice* for my time they wasted. At this point, they all quit the call but one of them actually called back to appologize. :-D

*Yeah, I know how much they make so I'd never actually do that. ;-)
"
Hardlicker wrote:

I guess I just hate the blind, pretty easy target as I know that they won't read this anyways.

Best way to end a rant post.

Ever.
The Russell Wilson Era
Well, they might have a screen reader. They use computers...I show know =(
|^^^^^^^^^^^\||____
| The STFU Truck |||""'|""\__,_
| _____________ l||__|__|__|) |
(@)@)"""""""**|(@)(@)**|(@)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info