Season Three, Event 123: Descent

I'm so looking forward to the time I'm gonna get a monster weapon like all streamers always do...
Till then... best one - coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllll
Last edited by MyH4o on Aug 1, 2013, 4:07:54 AM
before this race started i was sure theres no way in hell id have worse luck at start than the last three descents. could not have been more wrong. my first ranger on this one found absolutely nothing, i got to third zone and had to pick up curious for quiver, at this point i was already like 5min+ behind because i had to autoattack mobs in second and third zone because i kept ooming (didnt waste single manapot charge/ never was full mana/ hit oos before i started splitarrowing to make sure there was no desync so my attacks would not miss because of that)

was so behind so i rushed through goatmen zone, found 1 iron ring during it but no extra hp or anything so i ended up getting myself killed at alira to leapslam stuncombo desync. was avoidable but i was in hurry so i took the risk. had no medium pots naturally

rerolled as ranger, same happened again: no drops until i found iron ring from second zone boss, still had to take the third zone curious for quiver, found second iron ring + rustic sash, no mediums until merveil zone again. had decent roll on my shortbow
'

in the end i managed to crawl to lvl15, after event ended i rolled my composite for the lols and got the best roll ive ever gotten

hope ggg would add quiver to starting chest, you would not be insanely strong for first 3 zones but it would reduce rng for rangers by alot.

edit:
i wanna add my exp speed for the first 15min in race on both of my ranger with crap drops then comparison from previous descent for someone who got drops

first
time rank rank+ lvl lvl+ exp exp+
5m 227 -226 3 +3 1,864 +1,864
10m 263 -36 4 +1 3,935 +2,071
15m 230 +33 5 +1 8,230 +4,295

second
20m 672 -671 1 +1 234 +234
25m 625 +47 2 +1 1,603 +1,369
30m 562 +63 3 +1 3,653 +2,050
35m 436 +126 6 +3 12,629 +8,976
(timings are slightly off since its not full five mins for the first one)

last race good start
5m 101 -100 3 +3 2,922 +2,922
10m 5 +96 6 +3 15,513 +12,591
15m 6 -1 9 +3 43,953 +28,440

as you can see you fall off pretty behind if you get no drops :^)
Last edited by janimauk on Aug 1, 2013, 4:59:02 AM

No iron rings for the first 5 floors got made up for by RNG later
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Rolled witch, ice nova drops in mid spider area. Isnt leveled enough to use until late statue area, but once it is things speed up... until im escaping merveils huge pack of exploding squids and an increased crit + crit aura elemental pops up, coldsnaps and freezes me solid. Couldnt log in time to prevent 10+ squids from obliterating me. So random lol.

Reroll ranger with 25 minutes left, 2x iron ring + conductive quiver in the first zone. HRRRGG!!! Rng trolling like a boss. Solid rare shortbow and double damage + ias gloves in goat area, couldnt 1-shot packs and quicksilver onward fast enough. Was a couple bars from 14 and entering the skeleton zone when the race ended, would have been such a monster run with full time. Bah.

Desync was new and "improved". Now the monsters also slide around in idle animations when theyre stunned while moving! Also had a couple witches go into permanent stun animation, their model frozen but them still following and attacking me invisibly serverside.

- The chest items need a huge overhaul. Note all the threads in the race forum regarding this.

- The zones need to be less cramped and have fewer narrow passages; your netcode and client-server setup simply cant handle those sorts of maps.

GG all, cya next race!
IGN: KoTao

Found the gloves in ribbon zone, holy shit they were the first beacon of light in a shitty rng race thus far (Had been using low ele dmg, no ipd woodsplitter).

Then halfway through Hall of heroes I alched the poleaxe. If it came from ribbons as well I would have gotten the record, 70k exp off

Decent race though!
IGN: Hybris_the_StormHerald - Nemesis
Season 3 - #3 Marauder - #15 overall points
Season 4 - #2 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #9 overall points
Season 5 - #1 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #20 overall points
Really wish the zones density RNG was a bit more standardized. I was cruising along ready to own up desecrated shrine with about 9 minutes to go when suddenly... I am at the end of Hall of Heroes at 20.5. I entered at 18.7 so I am like what in the hell.

This of course is never a problem in a normal race where we can adjust for the randomness of pack density.

Just a bummer to have this and then get screwed through no fault of my own.

"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info