Prediction/Revelation on new unique items on Next patchs

I don't know the recipe, obviously.

But...I would be highly surprised if GGG would value this item at such a high level via it.

Unlike every other unique, this sword comes with a price tag. It's going to be very interesting to see how this affects its market value!

For example, if GGG made this sword's recipe, I dunno, 20 exalts (lol), would it then trade for near to that? Or would people just not bother?

The latter, I should think.

But if they made it something silly like, 10 whetstones and a scroll of wisdom, well...I think then, since it would be 'easy' to obtain as The Goddess Bound (which isn't that easy), the trade value would be dictated by its facility, not its recipe.

There's no secret that the recipe for this WILL involve a unique that has been set to the rarest level. That alone means it won't be that easy. Any currency-based ingredients on top would have to be carefully considered to ensure The Goddess Scorned isn't 'overpriced'.

EDIT: In essence, I want people to find The Goddess Bound and know that when they're ready (level 28) they can upgrade it to the next form without too much hassle. Her evolution should be relatively natural. I've stated in previous posts why I went recipe, after all.

If I had my way completely I'd restrict the drop of The Goddess Bound to sub level 20 areas, but that's not how the game works. In fact, if we COULD do that, the recipe for The Goddess Scorned could be 'one Goddess Bound' and that'd be okay by me. But since it's still possible for higher level players to find The Goddess Bound and consider her vendor trash (Fools!), the recipe has to almost artificially increase the value of both swords.

Haiku achievement:
Iambic pentameter!
da DUM da DUM...fuck.
Last edited by CharanJaydemyr on July 31, 2013 10:55 PM
"
moozooh wrote:

"
Novalisk wrote:
Going ES in general seems kinda silly here, since all of your AoE damage is unaffected by reflect and Blood Rage's physical life leech doesn't work.

I see where you're coming from, but ES is easier to stack with defense (combined armor/evasion+ES nodes) and offense (crit and accuracy nodes are all on the way to main ES clusters, especially if you start in Shadow area). With life you actually have to choose between offense and defense if you're not using Facebreaker, and if you choose the same offense like the ES build, your burst survivability will be even worse, and you'll have a bonus headache to deal with: chaos resistance.

Alternatively you could just forget the whole crit idea and wait for the third sword.

It's not just that. ES items are generally so expensive, that I'd rather only use them on builds that need ES for reasons other than "I went shadow".

You can definitely go crit with this type of life build (since AoE damage is fully Burn damage).

Combined armour/evasion+ES nodes don't mean much when you don't get any gear with armour/evasion. Sure it makes it easier to stack with defense, but you barely have any defense to stack it with apart from Grace (and you didn't get IR).
Nerfing RNG for fusings/jewellers - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/655302
Set Gems Suggestion - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/501455
Last edited by Novalisk on August 1, 2013 1:41 AM
Certain themes persist through both weapons so far: increased physical damage, fire damage, movement speed, and critical strike chance, at the expense of the off-hand slot.

You can expect the third sword to build on all of these. It WILL be an upgrade, not just a new direction, but it'll be as different from Scorned as Scorned is from Bound.
Haiku achievement:
Iambic pentameter!
da DUM da DUM...fuck.
"
Certain themes persist through both weapons so far: increased physical damage, fire damage, movement speed, and critical strike chance, at the expense of the off-hand slot.

You can expect the third sword to build on all of these. It WILL be an upgrade, not just a new direction, but it'll be as different from Scorned as Scorned is from Bound.

Good to hear, though I hope Unleashed gets some sort of bonus to Burn damage. Not as big as on Scorned, but just something to re-assure the player he doesn't have to spec out of his burn nodes and replace his burn damage gems.
Nerfing RNG for fusings/jewellers - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/655302
"
Novalisk wrote:
"

Good to hear, though I hope Unleashed gets some sort of bonus to Burn damage. Not as big as on Scorned, but just something to re-assure the player he doesn't have to spec out of his burn nodes and replace his burn damage gems.

I'll keep this in mind, for sure.

On the other hand, all three swords are sort of designed to be both progressions and at the same time 'stand-alone' in some functionality.

For example, someone PMed me very sad that they won't be able to upgrade from Bound to Scorned.

Why?

"Because I use puncture!"

Well, yes indeed.

Similarly, I'm not sure I want to continue the burn idea for Unleashed, at least not in the same way. As long as she's a clear upgrade for someone who wielded both Bound and Scorned (i.e. focused on melee/sword nodes) I'm okay with that.

Besides, by this math, it looks like Scorned might last well past level 50 if people build for it.

Haiku achievement:
Iambic pentameter!
da DUM da DUM...fuck.
I guess that if someone were to get Unleashed as an upgrade as soon as it was available for his level, he wouldn't really care about the burn damage stuff too much.

It's more for the existing high level players using a Scorned build who want to "upgrade" as soon as the weapon is available, but as you said you wanted each sword to work in its own special way.
so you say that this has some (potential) value now?

"
sidtherat wrote:
so you say that this has some (potential) value now?

Nope, it's still crap. I'll buy it. 1 Chaos.

In all seriousness, that IS a shit roll -- 254%?! -- and would be good for the upgrade.
Haiku achievement:
Iambic pentameter!
da DUM da DUM...fuck.
Last edited by CharanJaydemyr on August 1, 2013 4:59 AM
got it of the trade chat from one of the '[crap unique shops]' for 1chaos :)

we'll see we'll see :)
I LOVE those shops.

I've never seen my sword in them, so good for you! :)
Haiku achievement:
Iambic pentameter!
da DUM da DUM...fuck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info