Warning - Death after race ends

It's pretty rare but it can happen so I suggest everyone alt-f4 the moment the race ends, especially if you are surrounded by mobs just to be safe.

Apparently, and this is directly from GGG,

"Any actions that have been started before the event ends will be carried out, even if the timer has finished. Once the timer has ended, so new actions can be carried out."

I'm not even 100% sure what the last part means.

So from what I gather, even though your character is frozen you could still be taking damage. At least that's what it looks like on their end.

On my end I stopped, the mobs stopped, I tabbed out to check standings and came back to find my character dead. SOL

I'm no where near competitive enough to care that much about points and I already have the rewards I wanted but I figure it would really suck for someone in the top tier to die and be out of luck like this.

Alt-F4 is your friend.

I reported that bug after the S1E1 but the devs don't care about my postings :(
"Once the timer has ended, so new actions can be carried out"

Likely a typo, so = no

Monsters freeze along with you once their pre-race-finish actions are completed.

Also, if you end the race in range of shaggy monstrosities or chaos totems, or on burning ground, youll continue to take damage until you die. Viper charges and ignites will complete their durations as well. Best just to log if you end the race in a busy area or while still taking damage.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Jul 31, 2013, 3:53:14 PM
Logging out is definitely the way to go.

In my case it was a pack of chimps that killed me. On my end it appeared they froze just like I did so I thought I was safe and i switched to my browser to check the standings. A short amount of time later they killed me.

Just trying to make people aware that there is this rare bug and as you said, logging out the moment the race is over is the way to go.
well,alt-f4 shouldnt be the solution,
just got killed from burning ground,party member got killed for no reason,
life bar just went from 75% to 00 instantly,both after race end freeze..
-> no points
Last edited by Pablo1909 on Aug 1, 2013, 12:14:47 AM
This happened to me a half hour ago. I know that the damage that has started will continue after end, but this time I had full health and only 2 skels close to me. I stayed on the game screen and was following the global chat when my character literally dropped dead, health went from 100% to zero instantly. This was at least 45 seconds after race ended.

Fortunately, I still got my points and even got the leather belt... but my character went to standard and shows on race stats as dead. Something wonky goin on there, I wouldn't care about the toon except I had alch and chaos in inventory that I would want in HC, not standard
IGN: WalterSobchekk
I once experienced the movement of the monsters after the race had ended to be repeated over and over again every time I entered /oos. Fortunately, these movements included no attacks.
What I'm guessing is that after the end, everything is supposed to stop; if an action is done (using a spell?) after that instant, that action will continue to work. An example is using lightning warp just before it ends, creating movement after the event ends and causing game play to still be considered.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info