[11.2 ONS] Eldritch Battery Arcitc Armour Tank EK Ranger by chiviet234

Thanks Ziggy for the awesome video it really shows the pros of this build. I will make a recording once I have it setup. Also there are some changes to the passives that I have been thinking about, especially if the 8% reserve from alphas howl becomes unusable in 11.4.
OrenoChinko_EK - 92 Onslaught
NessaSwagSixtyNine - 83 HC
OreNoChinkoSearingTouch - RIP 81 Oslaught (7/7/2013)
Thank you very much for the video, Ziggy. It demonstrates everything I wanted to see about the build. I appreciate it greatly.

One final question: Theoretically, how high do you think we could get the tooltip dps on Ethereal knives with this build without sacrificing our defensive juggernaut status?
"
Thank you very much for the video, Ziggy. It demonstrates everything I wanted to see about the build. I appreciate it greatly.

One final question: Theoretically, how high do you think we could get the tooltip dps on Ethereal knives with this build without sacrificing our defensive juggernaut status?

No problem, glad I could help.

From where I am now with 7k dps (all 20/20% gems, blood rage, 90% spell damage wand with cast speed, perfect spell damage rathpith, max cast speed on ammy), I gain ~300 with a rustic sash, 500 from a level 20 haste aura, probably another 500 from 25% spell damage on an ammy, a little bit more from 2 x 7% cast speed on rings. I think with the best possible gear you could hit 9k, but you need to keep in mind that getting top tier dps mods on jewellery, on top of life, resists and mana regen is going to be very difficult/expensive and probably not realistic. Going from 7k to 9k dps is going to feel much better playing solo, but in a group, it's just not going to be a difference that will be important. You're still going to be doing a lot less damage than other people who can forego the defensive stats that make this build so strong, as well as people who can stack crit on totems without needing to worry about reflect/lightning thorns.
@UnfairMonopoly
If anybody's curious, I got this build working with Kaom's (obviously not possible in onslaught).

Stats are summarised here: http://i.imgur.com/GpKUsYv.jpg.

(I have 125 unreserved mana, which is enough to cast everything on mana as fast as my cast speed will allow)

To get this working, you need some really nice mana regen jewellery and a 300+ es helm.
Spoiler

I also had to spec into a few 8% mana nodes that I didn't have when I was using a wand and shield, as well as some resist nodes to make up for the absence of them on the chest and shield.

Overall, I think this is potentially the tankiest life based character one can make.

All of my gear:
Spoiler
@UnfairMonopoly
Last edited by ZiggySobotka on Sep 19, 2013, 11:29:24 PM
thanks to ziggy for creating another awesome variation to the build!
current gear updated! and hit 92 :D now running lvl 22 AA with a wand with +2 cold gems. Also thinking that empower will allow for lvl 23 lol
Last edited by chiviet234 on Sep 8, 2013, 5:35:05 PM
wait if ur using taryns to run artic armour and a kaoms....where will u have the ek gems?
I’d rather die on my feet
Than live my life on my knees

WTB ALT ART DEMIS
"
silversideup wrote:
wait if ur using taryns to run artic armour and a kaoms....where will u have the ek gems?

Me?

Stopped using Taryn's, because I got a 6L staff. But what I had planned before was to use a 5L 6S Taryn's by having the arctic armour in the 6th socket and EK in the 5L. Since you don't need blood magic gem if you're casting from mana, it's functionally the same as a 6L marauder setup with the added buff that Taryn's gives to AA. Never got around to getting the right colours on the staff, nor got the mana regen for level 21 AA, so point's moot.
@UnfairMonopoly
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABH4FLQX5B2MI9A5IDq0RLxFQEZYUdRXwGNsa2yFgIuoj9iQ8J6kppTGIMgE2ezpYO-E94kCgQ5xJO0lRSn1TNVYtVvpXK1pIWm1eE2BLYeJnoG0Zcrt0QXTtdPF5A3rvf8aCEIIehO-HGYd2h9uIa4t6kAqZmpsmm7WeuaKjo4qnK6dcrH-sr7IZtve308BUwfPDOsOGy0HN6s9618vbC90N3uXe9t-w4vfjhOaB53TnkejW6xTrY-4O7_Dw2fF2-WP8xQ==

Did this build but running it as a witch have enough mana regen for lvl 19 AA, 4k life, Ek does 3500 dmg, 55% block chance, 12k armor but just dont understand how you got 5k life when I was looking at your gear and it doesnt seem like it has even close to the amount of life as mine could you clarify?

Spoiler
Today I descend to God hood, and your death shall pave the way.

Hello,

great build, I really like the idea of building a very tanky EK, since EK is not much gear depend ( =no need nodes in it, perfect as a first char when you have nothing : like in a new league).

I wanted to play as a witch, so I quite modified the build tree, the main idea remains the same though, as a matter of fact, I get to marauder, duelist and templar starting area (which may sounds nuts, but actually it's not that bad).

My current build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAdwHYwj0GS4b-hzcJDwl3yepJ-0xiDvhPC1Bh0ZxR35JUVRJVytabWVNbRluaXNTeA15A3q4fll_xoLHhNmLepMnlSCio6QZpyunXKluq8Wuk7QMtfK3Prndvoq-p8BUwfPEuMT2xq7Uj9X44vfnUu8O8i8=

Planned build high lvl '85ish:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAdwHYwj0GS4b-hzcJDwl3yepJ-0xiDvhPC1Bh0ZxR35JUVRJVytabWVNbRluaXNTeA15A3q4fll_xoLHhNmLepMnlSCio6QZpyunXKluq8Wuk7QMtfK3PrndvorAVMHzxLjE9sau1I_V-OL351LvDvIv45_UGbyfgh7bC_4K8kXnY6ZXOuGI8U3jrFn-j76n0k3AD18_9kiMz1BQWGPG2D38fLgpLqyqWfPAGpBVp4QaOOw4OthN2Ix2njyBbwSzAnEUTaIAZp6plVFgGjKAVk99890=

Planned build very high lvl '94ish:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAdwHYwj0GS4b-hzcJDwl3yepJ-0xiDvhPC1Bh0ZxR35JUVRJVytabWVNbRluaXNTeA15A3q4fll_xoLHhNmLepMnlSCio6QZpyunXKluq8Wuk7QMtfK3PrndvorAVMHzxLjE9sau1I_V-OL351LvDvIv45_UGbyfgh7bC_4K8kXnY6ZXOuGI8U3jrFn-j76n0k3AD18_9kiMz1BQWGPG2D38fLgpLqyqWfPAGpBVp4QaOOw4OthN2Ix2njyBbwSzAnEUTaIAZp6plVFgGjKAVk9989360jbp42okqgz36dXwHw==

I've compared my build vs the op's one with the offline skill tree (amazing tool by the way). The fact is the result is not really worse with my build in the end, even if the leveling part is way worse with my build because going through middle like I do requires many passives around lvl20-50, which means very few life nodes).

- Total life is around 250% (248% I think), but more base life (around 100 more).

- Since I don't start as a ranger there is no point in going Eva + IR. In your build, I really dislike this aspect, you get around 330 base dex from nodes and you will get nothing from this shitload of dex (no use of Accuracy + no bonus to eva since you take IR). Basically my base armor bonus from nodes is way less than yours, though I get bonus from str, which in the end would mean quite a closer gap (still a bit less in %, also in flat as the eva aura won't count as Armor). So, smaller total armor, but some eva.
About armor I intend to use the unique amy which provides around 450-500 flat armor (also provides some super tanky mods, with heavy drawbacks I've got to admit).

- I take some shield nodes, and as I will use the unique Amy (The Anvil I believe it's called) my total block chance would be quite decent (around 50%).

- Good resist from nodes (12+8 +10*2 = 40), my build is meant to be 'cheap', so I do not expect to use very good items (I can't afford them anyway).

- I intend to use Rathpith Globe, first reason it's cheap, affordable with few chaos. Also it has a good base block chance + block spell + 10% life + pretty nice boost to dps + 300ish es => mana.

To balance the drawbacks of the Anvil amy, I will use boots with 25+ ms (just bought one with 25%, decent life/ar/resist) + the small +2% in Marauder start area + the node that removes speed penalties from items.

My witch is currently lvling (A3 Cruel so far), I need to lvl her up to be able to use Arctic Amor and test the uniques I intend to use. I 'll give feedback as soon as I can.

Feel free to criticize.

=.= Pls ignore my old threads (more than 1 month ago) =.=
Last edited by Oracle87 on Sep 22, 2013, 1:01:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info