Mythos beta impressions...

So I received a key. Woohoo. I played today for the better part of four hours and I gotta tell you, closed beta or not the game is in rough shape.

Translation errors, dialogue issues, broken quests, etc.

I like many others have posted a in depth first impression on their website, and I think the GGG team should watch the forums of Mythos and take some notes.

Sad to see but people are leaving the game already. Only a few hours in....anyway, read below to see what I posted on the Mythos forums.

"
So I was excited today to realize i got received a beta key. Thanks. Anyway, I played for a couple hours, and took some notes on what I think.

The initial starting area/tutorial needs to be longer and more in depth. People coming from a "WOW" or a "AION" might be totally thrown off guard. Not to mention that it seems to skip past a lot of the tabs on the help screen and before you know it you're in the advanced tab section for crafting. Not a big deal, but it should be optional and it should include a truly in depth tutorial.

Secondly, my god who wrote the dialogue?! The vast majority was misspelled, or really hard to read. I think a second grader could honestly do a better job. I actually saw a "SuccesFUlly" in there. You get the idea.

A little tie in to all of this is the actual quest giving/receiving. Between the map and the dialogue, it's kind of hit or miss if you'll find where you're supposed to go or not. Exploring is great, but maybe like road posts or whatever would be a nice addition. Like Stony Hills Village is actually Heaven Island if I'm not mistaken.

Now for running around killing stuff. The loot drops are ok, at least it's not like Titan Quest. One thing I noticed was sometimes i'd be attacking something and it's health bar wasn't depleting at all...suddenly it's on the ground dead. Weird.

I have seen more than one NPC now trying to give a quest and it's missing things. It will say for example, bring 10 item 2 to so and so.

For some reason, none of my "chat" is getting out there to other players. Not even whispers. That's probably more on my end, but still.

For what it's worth, this game needs ALOT of polish. I understand it's closed beta, and I'm glad to see people giving their honest opinions. I look forward to spending money in the cash shop to help keep the game alive, but in it's current state.....maybe not.

That's all for now, I'm going to log back in and play for a while and see if anything else catches me off guard. Cheers.

-Derek

The worst thing is that there weren't any updates since the stress test in december. So there is a totally bugged crafting system, not much content, a stamina system which is really bad and a lot of other things that should be patched. But when you look at the forums there is no dev, community manager or official who says something about the current state or something about their plans... They do not even have a launcher with which you can update the game... There is really nothing!
Makes me very sad because mythos was a great game with a lot of potential when it was in the hand of the flagship studios...
"
Rhesos wrote:
The worst thing is that there weren't any updates since the stress test in december. So there is a totally bugged crafting system, not much content, a stamina system which is really bad and a lot of other things that should be patched. But when you look at the forums there is no dev, community manager or official who says something about the current state or something about their plans... They do not even have a launcher with which you can update the game... There is really nothing!
Makes me very sad because mythos was a great game with a lot of potential when it was in the hand of the flagship studios...

agree. today its necessary and sympathetic to be in contact with your fans! i really like the way how the ggg team master it!
The only responses i'm seeing on the forum are just "it's closed beta" or "thanks for your interest." Kind of sad.

I really hope this game under goes some serious overhaul.
yeah when their site doesnt even work correctly what can you expect :/
"turn based rpg's are for people who have sausage fingers" -me
---
sounds like the beta i was in 3 years ago .
Haha I don't feel as bad for not getting a beta key now.
Sad thing is i'm in beta for Mytheon as well, another "action RPG" and it's sad. Production values feel so low. They took Titan Quest, dumbed it down and pass it off as a MMO.
I tried it too, but it was too boring in my opinion and at the beginning confusing, also the gameplay was more like WoW, and it should be like Diablo... Deleted it after 2 hours.
In all games I always play as a warrior, guess it's in my blood or something. For all the lonely warriors out there, unite under my banner! Let us dominate over the other classes! To arms!
Now i'm level 10 and moving along, It's seems bland still but more playable.

Once you figure out the "Real" name of the place you're supposed to go, thats a huge help.

My only true gameplay complaint now is the ridiculous amount of "go here" quests. The problem is, by my math these quests give more XP than slaying a mob.

The good side sides IMHO are the crafting system...It seems pretty deep at first glance but judging the games other aspects it's probably flawed too.

And for the life of me, no one wants to group up. Not a big deal, but that's the point of a MMO right?

Either way I hope the GGG guy's are talking notes on Mythos short comings. Right now, the blatant mistakes by Mythos, even at this stage, are costing them future customers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info