The Friend Finder! High IIQ/IIR Marauder MF for Group Mapping

The Power of MF
Doing Maelstrom of Chaos - http://www.twitch.tv/noperative/c/2634539
Finding Shavronnes Wrappings - http://www.twitch.tv/noperative/c/2634585

Sometimes I stream at http://www.twitch.tv/noperative

The Idea
Mfing in super hard, high quantity maps! Most people use a lowlife build to farm maps like Lunaris 3 however this is massively inefficient compared to MFing in 68+ maps. With high quantity bonuses and a greater density of rares+guaranteed unique boss the loot accumulation is many times faster than in docks or lunaris.

So this build is a group-based MF marauder. By sacrificing all damage I limit myself to purely group play, in return I can accumulate a wealth of items in group map runs. Also with no damage in the skill tree, I can go as much HP and defense as possible to maximize my survivability in hard maps.

The build is tried in true in all map levels. It has reliably magic found in 75s, 76s, and 77s making it (what I believe is) an amazing endgame magic finder.

The Build

The idea is largely based off Etup's EK Marauder. I focus completely on defense and just let my group do all the damage while I get the culls on magics/rares/uniques. Stack endurances charges and IR+US for huge phys reduction while getting some much needed ele resists.

Bandits:
Help Oak
Kill All (or alira's cast speed)
Help Oak

How do I level?
The build works well enough for groundslam/cleave/leapslam in the early levels. Once you reach close to 50 you can continue with melee spec and weapons or switch to EK. Around 70 is the time you should bring out the magic finding. There should be minimal respecs required as both levelling builds are just HP stackers as well.

The Gear

Aurumvorax are used once you get 2 andvarius so that you can cap out your resists in dangerous maps.

Wait a second, this shit looks more expensive than what I'll be making with it

Maybe! But I'll tell you something funny. I never made this build to be an MF character! I originally made an EK marauder to do maps with until my group got way too much clear speed. Double curses, spork, lightning arrow, det dead, we were crushing all the maps so fast. So my build ended up contributing little DPS and just tanked. That's when we decided I would transition to MF for a bit of extra income. I used EK with non-qualitied gems to cull! But it quickly sped up as I found an andvarius, lioneyes and my group found bringer of the rain, rainbowstrides and a lot of other loot. So this build is this good because it paid for itself, all the uniques I'm running were either found or bought with the money I made with this build.

All you need is 3 gems and a unique axe to get started. :)

If you have any questions, feel free to post here or whisper me @Tankoperative or drop by when I stream!
Last edited by Noperative on Jul 29, 2013, 12:00:34 PM
I don't understand.

Your build is lacking culling strike, so in most parties someone else will be getting the last hit. Wouldn't a better build be using power siphon or else at least put culling strike on the flame totem?
"
Real_Wolf wrote:
I don't understand.

Your build is lacking culling strike, so in most parties someone else will be getting the last hit. Wouldn't a better build be using power siphon or else at least put culling strike on the flame totem?

Reaper's Pursuit.

You said you stack as much hp and defense as possible but you have zero life on any of your gear. what's your hp with this setup?
"
meripor wrote:
You said you stack as much hp and defense as possible but you have zero life on any of your gear. what's your hp with this setup?

Currently I'm at 3k HP, which is pretty good in even the highest level of maps due to how safe dual flame totems are. The build can easily go over 5k hp , but I started swapping in more and more MF gear until I reached as much MF as possible while also not dying.
why flame totem? wouldt spark hit more mobs? i know that req 2 gem sockets, 1 for totem 1 for spark, but lets just say in a World were all can afford 6link :-D

asking since a m8 of mine is Building a iir/iiq marauder for my map group
"
Nisseonbeer wrote:
why flame totem? wouldt spark hit more mobs? i know that req 2 gem sockets, 1 for totem 1 for spark, but lets just say in a World were all can afford 6link :-D

asking since a m8 of mine is Building a iir/iiq marauder for my map group

It's much harder to actually land sparks on the right mobs since the sparks fly around randomly. With a 6 link you can do faster casting and spark totems become more effective at culling, however you still miss a gem socket for blood magic since you need a core of spark-spelltotem-faster casting-fork plus mf gems. If you go CI and cast off mana, you would be missing dream fragments on your rings which makes it very dangerous in high level maps.

Flame totem is used because it's easier to see where the beams are going and to land instant culls since it shoots much faster than spark. Casting on blood magic will make it cost a fair chunk of hp which gives you time to pop the mf flask while the mob dies.

Also using elemental equilibrium with this setup is much more effective since most other people use lightning or cold as damage in my group so fire is the perfect debuffing element.

Hey I was trying to view your tree but the link seems to be broken for me... could you re-post it maybe?
keen to have a look at this build but ur tree is bunk

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info