(Aug 25 NZT) One-hour Cut-throat Event

I think I'm not staying up for next one unless some significant changes are made. It was fun but this one hour thingy can't offer much more than few duels could. Many people just phase run away once you appear in their map, others run to their group and as a solo player it is your turn to phase run away. Either way it is phase run that wins the fight err race.
✠ ✠
"
Zanarhi wrote:
I did pretty well this time. Managed to remain undefeated and even got first to 11.

Near the end I actually got jumped by a 3 man team of marauder/shadow/witch and tanked them all until their shadow went down. They just picked up his gear and ran away lol.

Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

I finished with 340 HP, about 4 hp/s regen, and I was 2 shotting even lvl 10 marauders in gear near the end.

Ha that was me, I had pretty terrible gear this run.
Check out http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/41078 and post there to support having solo-only and party-only event modes!
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Dammit I slept through. sigh sigh sigh :(
I'm BACK :)
same old shit Coldet, rush to 10-12 come back and pick on people who offer no resistance.

didn't miss much imo
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
Hey guys,

I placed 8th overall as the Shadow "I_SUCK". I actually ended up dying on my first character GGG_DANKNUGZ 6 minutes in but still managed to make up for my loss. I figured I'd be the only Shadow in the top 10 but I was surprised to see that Celerity was a Shadow as well. Is it the same Celerity as Celerity_gaming on twitch.tv? In any case I have a lot to improve still and after running my marauder to mudflats to stash a Phase Run gem once hitting level 11 I hardly had any time to PVP. My one kill was on a level 6 archer named "Nijena" which accidentally walked into one of my bear traps while spamming Phase Run.

http://i.imgur.com/uNkvg.jpg

I then proceeded to be killed by an archer named Arzz in 3 Poison Arrows. I honestly have no clue what I could have done, the damage seemed insane. Thankfully Arzz only took my currency items so I could at least snag my gear back and try to engage some more people before the event was over but found no one D:

Had I not lost 6 minutes in the beginning I think I would have been competing for a top slot easily (hit level 11 when first level 12 was reached) but there's definitely room for improvement. I got the wrong gems as well as took far too long (~3min) killing Brutus. Anyway GG yo', definitely looking forward to tomorrows race >:D
Yea reading up it seems the same old bitching parade. I fear we could loose the format.

My suggestion is still the same:
Make a character immune to a second death at the hands of his killer for 10 minutes. AND make him capable to kill his killer while naked. This WILL put an end to the "Camping"
"
FILM wrote:
Hey guys,

I placed 8th
Spoiler
overall as the Shadow "I_SUCK". I actually ended up dying on my first character GGG_DANKNUGZ 6 minutes in but still managed to make up for my loss. I figured I'd be the only Shadow in the top 10 but I was surprised to see that Celerity was a Shadow as well. Is it the same Celerity as Celerity_gaming on twitch.tv? In any case I have a lot to improve still and after running my marauder to mudflats to stash a Phase Run gem once hitting level 11 I hardly had any time to PVP. My one kill was on a level 6 archer named "Nijena" which accidentally walked into one of my bear traps while spamming Phase Run.

http://i.imgur.com/uNkvg.jpg

I then proceeded to be killed by an archer named Arzz in 3 Poison Arrows. I honestly have no clue what I could have done, the damage seemed insane. Thankfully Arzz only took my currency items so I could at least snag my gear back and try to engage some more people before the event was over but found no one D:

Had I not lost 6 minutes in the beginning I think I would have been competing for a top slot easily (hit level 11 when first level 12 was reached) but there's definitely room for improvement. I got the wrong gems as well as took far too long (~3min) killing Brutus. Anyway GG yo', definitely looking forward to tomorrows race >:D

Film, I think you miss the point of a "Cut Throat" League. The league has nothing to do with racing for "Ladder" position. It's more about having fun battling with your fellow gamers. In a one hour event you are probably the only person that has even tried to get further than the Prison. Most players will have run as far as the rocky ledge then turned around to do as much battle in the time left as they can get.

This event is very much about having FUN whether you die or not.
"
Coldet wrote:

Film, I think you miss the point of a "Cut Throat" League. The league has nothing to do with racing for "Ladder" position. It's more about having fun battling with your fellow gamers. In a one hour event you are probably the only person that has even tried to get further than the Prison. Most players will have run as far as the rocky ledge then turned around to do as much battle in the time left as they can get.

This event is very much about having FUN whether you die or not.

Sorry you feel that way, I still had plenty of fun! :D
This event was a lot of fun, how come it only goes on for one hour though? 1 Hour is barely enough to scratch the surface of the game, especially when you're looking for PVP.

A longer event, like say.. 3-6 hours would give players time to build up a lot more, and give you the chance to test out some level restrictions to keep things fair.
short fun like always.

but its hard to provide usefull feedback.

some people you can kill with 3 clicks, and some dont lose HP even if they are AFK. (always same lvl +-2)
and i cant say if some "builds" (better say startingpositions in tree...) are overpowered or if it was just good gear.

GGG should really think about redesign test events.
i had a situation where i thought: wow that character is same lvl as me, and he is so damn strong/so damn weak - is it the build is it the gear, is it me? i dont know, i have zero information to deduce whats the reason and provide feedback. i could try a shot in the dark and give feedback thats maybe totally false.

i can only give generelly non-quantitative feedback like:
phase run is annoying
freeze is annoying
duels seems to be too gear dependent
and i think that MAYBE the marauder startingposition is too good for short time CT race
but of course you cant balance for long time pve and short time pvp. thats simple not possible i think

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info