Unique Item List - 300 of 419

"
Peterlerock wrote:
Is there a reason why the Hegemony staff is priced at 25+ Ex even unlinked?

It's pretty good, yes, but I can buy a 10c-1Ex staff with similar DpS and mastercraft crit on it. That's not as good, but it's also not 100/25 = <4% of Hegemony's power...

Physical Staffs are not high demand, and the hegemony staff is still ways below this mirror lathi.

So... Why?

I actually asked the same thing from one of my buddies today. It doesn't have that good damage (like 460-480pdps) to justify its cost. I guess it is the "woah, I found a good unique! Won't let it go for less than 15 exa for sure!" -effect.

I believe its price will keep on dropping.
To join in with the "corners" debate, I actually first thought it must mean there are 3 more Agnerod staves to come, each of them being a compass point pillar.

This would allow a reshuffling of the fire abilities on Searing Touch, to be more in line with its low level status, and the powerful late-game one to be a pillar.
Tarryn's is already late game, so that could simply be renamed if one were to require one for each element, or its base item changed to a much lower item, and the pillar replacing it.

But this still leaves a mystery as to a fourth corner. Would it be chaos, or phys, or an EE type staff? with tri-elemental bonus and mechanic to encourage use of all elements (be it switching, or discharge). I would like to see a self-castable shockwave, a desecrate/poison arrow like DoT using chaos, but i think the most likely is the tri-ele hybrid staff.
Im pretty sure that a) no reshuffling is ever going to take place. Game is too old for that b) fourth staff will be just like all previous ones: +gems, some damage' some stat and some gimmick

It sounds dull but it works in practice quite well and i gope they stick by it. East staff is pretty interesting (and uber rare judging by xyz).

It is really sad that shock stacking is gone as it removed one affix from this staff.
Do we know which of the uniques this patch was the supporter one and which is GGG? Because if Agnerod East is supporter, I'm pretty sure it's not hinting at a whole lot.

(Side note: I have a unique caster staff (well, mostly caster) in development. If it comes out soon, please don't drag it into this.)
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
I highly doubt there will be other staves to reference his one further. It's simply flavour text to explain it's history a bit.

Also, it's a pretty useless staff unless you're a non-crit caster and using Arc. Reason being, you don't have enough good supports for non-crit Arc on 7L. Might also be viable for HoT as main skill.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"
Grughal wrote:
"
Peterlerock wrote:
Is there a reason why the Hegemony staff is priced at 25+ Ex even unlinked?

It's pretty good, yes, but I can buy a 10c-1Ex staff with similar DpS and mastercraft crit on it. That's not as good, but it's also not 100/25 = <4% of Hegemony's power...

Physical Staffs are not high demand, and the hegemony staff is still ways below this mirror lathi.

So... Why?

I actually asked the same thing from one of my buddies today. It doesn't have that good damage (like 460-480pdps) to justify its cost. I guess it is the "woah, I found a good unique! Won't let it go for less than 15 exa for sure!" -effect.

I believe its price will keep on dropping.

You are both undervaluing the shit out of natural power charge generation.
IGN: Ghured
"
sidtherat wrote:
Im pretty sure that a) no reshuffling is ever going to take place. Game is too old for that b) fourth staff will be just like all previous ones: +gems, some damage' some stat and some gimmick

It sounds dull but it works in practice quite well and i gope they stick by it. East staff is pretty interesting (and uber rare judging by xyz).

It is really sad that shock stacking is gone as it removed one affix from this staff.

After reading that, i am kind of sad it did not include "shock can now stack once"

Would be a yum staff for non crit builds then :D, it's still not bad, but that would make it very unique compared to crit builds.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Vandalain wrote:

You are both undervaluing the shit out of natural power charge generation.

Oh, I appreciate it.
I just don't think +1 PC and 10% chance for a PC is worth 25 Ex more than a similar DpS rare.
Or 20 Ex more than a higher DpS rare...

There's so many ways to get Power charges nowadays.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

lets talk about this

Ive finally got myself a 5link and wanted to compare it in real application to this:

this is a self cast spark build (it works, dont ask and ignore gems)

verdict?

MEH!

would like to know ggg's 'unique design story' for this item. it fails at too many levels to be really comparable to Pledge (that more and more people start to appreciate as this is a one goddamn strong item).

- extra STR requirement? try to roll 5 blue sockets.. maybe a minor gripe but it is simply annoying. try to get one green socket and 4 blues - yeah right.. doable but unnecessarily annoying
- very low spell damage bonus
- lightning penetration does not matter vs weak mobs and vs bosses (where it does matter) it is mostly.. irrelevant. sadly. 10 seconds instead of 15 seconds when entire map takes twice as long is not a bonus worth talking about
- 100% shock duration is 100% worthless since shock no longer stack. ignore this affix as it has 0 practical value.
- INT roll == mana + ES and that is nice, however while i CAN run EB character without Discipline with Pledge, I cannot do the same with this staff. So it effectively forces me to take another aura and this is a big build change.

Possible solution:

raise lightning pen from 20 to 40. Yeah, overkill, but it still would not dwarf pure power of Pledge or comparable Elemental Staves

OR

100% shock duration, shocked enemies take extra 20% damage (similar to Taryn's). something to make this affix make any sense. currently - it doesnt
"
sidtherat wrote:

- extra STR requirement? try to roll 5 blue sockets.. maybe a minor gripe but it is simply annoying. try to get one green socket and 4 blues - yeah right.. doable but unnecessarily annoying
- very low spell damage bonus
- lightning penetration does not matter vs weak mobs and vs bosses (where it does matter) it is mostly.. irrelevant. sadly. 10 seconds instead of 15 seconds when entire map takes twice as long is not a bonus worth talking about
- 100% shock duration is 100% worthless since shock no longer stack. ignore this affix as it has 0 practical value.
- INT roll == mana + ES and that is nice, however while i CAN run EB character without Discipline with Pledge, I cannot do the same with this staff. So it effectively forces me to take another aura and this is a big build change.

Possible solution:

raise lightning pen from 20 to 40. Yeah, overkill, but it still would not dwarf pure power of Pledge or comparable Elemental Staves

OR

100% shock duration, shocked enemies take extra 20% damage (similar to Taryn's). something to make this affix make any sense. currently - it doesnt

- Yea, I can understand about the STR requirement part being slightly annoying.

- Of course, it is very low spell damage bonus when comparing Pledge of Hands, the most generic of all generic staff. I say GGG kinda laid an egg on Pledge when it came to balancing. It cannot be helped, the staff is too stronk.

- Good thing about this penetration affix is that it can be stacked up with the lit pen gem, and that +2 lit pen notable to easily go over 50% (possibly almost 60%) lit penetration. Add conductivity/ele weakness, and you can really it deep into the negatives, easily wrecking everything. Also, I think this affix is global, so it effects every lightning spells, even Herald of Thunder's self cast spell which has an on-hit effect, so a nice buff there.

- 100% shock duration may not be much because shock stack is gone, but man would you be able to spam Herald of Thunder's on-hit spell like no tomorrow with ball lightning. I can already spam to go a extent at 7% chance to stock and some crit.

- INT roll is just a plus. More mana and ES. Pledge is pretty much made for EB builds. Hell with discipline + Pledge + and a high rolled ES chest, I am easily over 4.5k mana.

Agnerod East requires more theorycrafting, and a bit more investment to produce at max the bare minimum of what Pledge of Hands is capable of. I know Pledge is really amazing, and I witnessed it at first hand. Still, I would not mind if the staff gets a buff on all affixes, just so that I can divine it with no sweat, otherwise...heh.

Now if I can just 5L this, then I can make a setup on Ball Lightning + LMP + added chaos + Lit Pen + Spell Echo

My secondary spell will be either Lightning Tendrils or Storm Call.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Nov 18, 2014, 2:25:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info