Unique Item List - 300 of 419

I dont see why anyone would run this item with Iron Will when it basically forces you to get SB which is in an INT heavy area to make real use of the increased shock duration. As of now this seems to be more of a CI staff, giving you 20% increased ES and some mana.

Its the only way you can actually make proper use of the duration by either critting or picking up Shock procs. Actually, due to stacks not existing anymore the Shock Duration is actually pretty pointless unless they would introduce an offensive item that gives a shit ton of damage but reduces the duration of status ailments.

So it only has one valuable stat. Not really worth the hustle for the defenses you have to drop for it.
^lol, you got it all backwards imo.

- +100 intel allows a str/dex utilizer to use intelligence spells (lightning)

- +100% shock duration allows you to skip the shock duration nodes on the top side of the tree

- lightning pen is massive

This staff is strong if utilized properly.

Why would you stack stuff the staff already provides? That's just overkill/senseless.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
The staff just doesnt fit in the picture tho. Pledge is soo much better.

+1 lightning gems is more like just 1/4 of a link worth, 20% pen only 1/2. A random +2 lightning with a spell dmg mod on it is better, whereas for searing touch, pledge and taryn's shiver you'd need a Good rolled +2 or a +3 to be beating it. Youd be able to call the lightning pierce op, but using lightning pen now is useless because it has diminishing returns and not using the gem is losing out on value. Also, the shock duration is useless, because unless you are slow as fuck in casting or dont do enough dmg to even break the treshold (in both of which cases you should recheck if your build isnt bad) you dont need the duration. Intelligence on it is just ok (gets beaten by the 100% mana from pledge, for ex, and 20% es is only ok for losing out on a shield) and the 45% lightning dmg is only useful for the lighting sources that arent spells: Herald of thunder's effect, attacks (what the heck are you doing with this staff) and tempest shield/reflect sources.

Anyways, I hoped for better, rests me buying a +2/3 lightning staff still I guess
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
I wish weaker uniques had something really special about them to still make them fun to use and allow you to do something really different.

I hate to see uniques that no one wants to touch except some random guy just using it for kicks.
Standard Forever
SHIELD: shield would have been fun to use if the 3 curses are cast on whatever damage u take. now it's useless imho.

STAFF: stats are not good enough to making me give up two item slots.

overall: disappointing.....

and why not buff or add some new claws that are end-game viable FFS!
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
the shield may have some use in pvp, thats about it. i believe that was the intent of the designer at least.

the staff is just dumpster. 45 light dmg, no faster casting, no spell crit or crit dmg, 1 lit gems only? there are plenty of 1h scepters/wands that will give you far better damage output and only take up 1 slot. you'll get good duration from shocks by simply increasing your damage using better alternatives in slots.
Last edited by kinglouis on Oct 23, 2014, 9:47:11 PM
Seriously, I cannot fathom that people are saying that staff is bad. A boss potentially having resists in the single digits is BAD? No other item in the game allows you to do this.

Edit: yanno what, I'll just wait for some streamer make some kickass build out of it, and watch people scream for a nerf. Bookmarked.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on Oct 23, 2014, 9:49:20 PM
"
Antnee wrote:
Seriously, I cannot fathom that people are saying that staff is bad. A boss potentially having resists in the single digits is BAD? No other item in the game allows you to do this.

Edit: yanno what, I'll just wait for some streamer make some kickass build out of it, and watch people scream for a nerf. Bookmarked.

Lets compare it to my staff. People are talking up the penetrate 20 lighting resist mod, well my staff uses lightning penetration that penetrates 35. And of course my staff has much higher spell damage/mana/30 spell echo. How exactly can that staff be anywhere near as good as mine?
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Oct 23, 2014, 11:46:18 PM
^because penetration is able to pierce the resistance lowest cap.

and every -1% resistance act's like a 1% more modifier.

I would say they are of similar strength, depending on the build either one will shine.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
because you can stack the support gem's penetration with the staff's penetration and passives for, 35+40+2 = 77% penetration. just imaging duel cursing with that... (but not EE, thats just silly unless your curse on hit is on a fire/cold damage spell).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info