Unique Item List - 300 of 419

"
tippick wrote:

Puke
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
"
BananaJams wrote:

i think he was saying necro ageis but i thought minions dont carry our items soooo it wouldnt help them at all

With necro aegis they get all the stats of the shield your summoner equips, so they would get the block chance and very small magic block chance. Since the curses are listed as applying on block via the shield I imagine (key word there) that they would apply to your minions once NA is taken.
"
tippick wrote:

Spoiler
LEL

yet another best in slot item which trashes the entire concept of rares/crafting with absolutely ZERO innovation or quirks. I mean, yeah, it completes the staff cycle with Searing Touch and Tarin's Shiver, but heck, would it hurt to be a little creative? I mean, just a little? To expand on lightning damage in an interesting way other than LOL SCREW THAT MOAR DMG HUE HUE.

What has this game's ethics on unique vs rare balance become? So many patches went by without any new uniques, I thought we'd get something at least slightly interesting - perhaps it being complex to code or so. This? Disappointing.

Ignore the spoiler, just realized: Low +damage, no cast speed. Color me confused.
(still a boring unique nonetheless)
Last edited by lucksickle on Oct 23, 2014, 12:49:35 AM
"
tippick wrote:

I actually want to experiment this unique item with Lightning Tendrils with lit pen/spell echo/faster casting/added lit dmg + Herald of Thunder. But first, I will wait out and see its market value.

Edit: For once I want to make a lightning build. Been shying away from it because of cold and fire.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Oct 23, 2014, 12:55:01 AM
that lightning staff could have only this 'penetration' stat to be interesting. coupled with gem and passive it is 36 from gem, 20 from item and 2 from the tree == 58 lightning penetration so at most mobs have 17 lightning resistance. this applies to bosses too (unlike curses that bosses mostly ignore)

this is a very powerful modifier that cannot be treated lightly, esp now when mob resistances are lowered

and thankfully it has no crit for once
"
sidtherat wrote:
that lightning staff could have only this 'penetration' stat to be interesting. coupled with gem and passive it is 36 from gem, 20 from item and 2 from the tree == 58 lightning penetration so at most mobs have 17 lightning resistance. this applies to bosses too (unlike curses that bosses mostly ignore)

this is a very powerful modifier that cannot be treated lightly, esp now when mob resistances are lowered

and thankfully it has no crit for once

taryn's, searing touch and that new spell damage staff all had no crit. so what did you expect :P

i would've liked some crit chance tho.. like 60% or smth.

spell damage on a weapon isnt nearly as important as phys + add phys on a normal weapon, but barely spell damage (45%-ish) is a HEAVY drawback since the 100% inc. shock duration is kinda useless anyways.
if you have enough damage and you crit, you shock the enemy anyways for quite a while, which will probably last until then ext crit, so 100% wont change that much.

the light pen tho is kinda interesting, also the int is a kinda huge ES buff (20%+ inc. ES) o:

tl;dr its definatly interesting, would have to see it in an efficient build, its not horrible, but as it currently is with the current builds it will be outclassed by pledge of hands or average rare staves.
Last edited by Therealshotzz on Oct 23, 2014, 1:25:21 AM
"
Therealshotzz wrote:

the light pen tho is kinda interesting, also the int is a kinda huge ES buff (20%+ inc. ES) o:

tl;dr its definatly interesting, would have to see it in an efficient build, its not horrible, but as it currently is with the current builds it will be outclassed by pledge of hands or average rare staves.

The penetration modifier (no innuendo involved ;) ) is mostly what caught my interest since you rarely find an item with that modifier. Hell, I think Nycta's Lantern is the only other item that involves with penetration (but it is a support gem, so it cannot be stacked). I say this item has potential to be good, not incredible.

Honestly, I already have a build that uses Pledge of Hands (for Incinerate), so trying another staff like this one can be refreshing to say at least. I hope it gets really underrated, so I can buy one cheap. :3
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Oct 23, 2014, 1:31:15 AM
"
lucksickle wrote:
"
tippick wrote:

LEL

yet another best in slot item which trashes the entire concept of rares/crafting with absolutely ZERO innovation or quirks. I mean, yeah, it completes the staff cycle with Searing Touch and Tarin's Shiver, but heck, would it hurt to be a little creative? I mean, just a little? To expand on lightning damage in an interesting way other than LOL SCREW THAT MOAR DMG HUE HUE.

What has this game's ethics on unique vs rare balance become? So many patches went by without any new uniques, I thought we'd get something at least slightly interesting - perhaps it being complex to code or so. This? Disappointing.

... not even close to best in slot lol wtf are you on about
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Oct 23, 2014, 2:51:48 AM
I think the staff has potential. But I'm no pro build maker. So maybe I'm just a fool for saying that.
I'M HELPING!
That staff is powerful, it basically has a %more modifier on it. And like sidtherat already observed, it also apply's that more damage to bosses.

Look at it like "Pure" damage type. (if anybody knows that from wc3 etc) on some mobs it will actually push them to negative resistance, which i think is impossible so far with curses and the light pen gem alone.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info