Unique Item List - 300 of 419

"
Wittgenstein wrote:
I'm not really a number cruncher or a min/max theory craft player. I wanted to make a leveling item, something that someone could find and use without having to pay an absurd sum. I wanted to make an item anyone could obtain. I wanted that item to provide an interesting mechanic of some sort. So, at the time of creation, it was a pain in the ass for fire based builds to deal with summoners or counter enemies that use CE. I figured the best way to help out was:

1. to create an item that removes corpses from burn, just like the shatter mechanic with cold.
2. I then thought, well, how cool would it be to make FP or IS deal fire damage instead of cold?
3. Wouldn't it be nice to have a 100% conversion without having to rely on AoF (which may be prohibitive for some classes due to its location on the web) and:
4. wouldn't it be cool if you could just pick up cold damage nodes but still deal fire damage?

Anyways, maybe I failed. But I hope some people get some use and enjoyment out of it. I just wanted to speak up because it seems like some folks aren't looking at my item. . . The way I intended, they're trying to force it into some end-game awesomeness which, while possible, wasn't the intention behind the item.

Also, I think uniques shouldn't be BiS - ever - and for that reason I hate a lot of the uniques GGG has put in the game. I think rares should always be BiS given proper rolls and that uniques should be utilized in novel ways to shore up weaknesses in a build or to provide a bonus to well-rolled rares or to be used in certain situations (for example, my ring, can be equipped and used to get rid of corpses and then be taken off).

BTW - Corpse removal was intentional also so that it would be a hindrance to summoners. I think all uniques should have a downside.

I really like Pyre, specifically because of all the new possibilities it offers. I like the fact that my characters won't have to wait until they are halfway or two thirds through the game to use it.

IMO, this ring is the epitome of what a good unique should be. It opens doors but it doesn't carry you over the threshold. I anticipate building many characters around it. Kudos on a making such a fantastic addition to the game.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I loved Pyre from the first sight. Beautiful thing, full conversion lets you forget ColdToFire and Avatar (both are pretty weak), extra burn fits perfectly and destroying corpses is a big plus really when you don't need to proliferate. I wanted to see some mana regen on it but can't have everything:) Can't wait for new tree to plan out Ice Nova burning hell build.
Thank you Wittgenstein.

I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
Would you kindly update the supporter name for Deaths oath? :)
its isildria now after i asked GGG to rename my account from Neinar
Thanks in advance.
Tears of blood, aching heart,
My dear Isildria must depart.

[Keeper] Oath keepers - Friendly EU focused guild for experienced players More info @ thread ID; 1426886
IGN; Isildria
"
isildria wrote:
Would you kindly update the supporter name for Deaths oath? :)
its isildria now after i asked GGG to rename my account from Neinar
Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the heads up, while at it I've also updated the wiki entry :)
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
Last edited by ignarsoll on Aug 6, 2014, 7:12:51 AM
Alternate Art Lifesprig (under wands)
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Some alternate art items from season 7 and 8:

Another quality ZAP! post.

Season 8 stuff.
Hi, I would like to let you know that I'm the Diamond creator for Mjölner.
"
Mizzajl wrote:

Congrats on one of the most spectacular and cool uniques ever made :)
"
LovelyMonster wrote:
"
Mizzajl wrote:

Congrats on one of the most spectacular and cool uniques ever made :)

Thank you :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info