Unique Item List - 300 of 419

"
Alhoon wrote:
Verdict: not useful.

I don't think that a wand that gives 124% spell damage and up to 20% cast speed is "not useful."

"
Alhoon wrote:
"
nikheizen wrote:
What about Incinerate?
It has a 0% Chance to crit.
Not useful because you'd trade a ring slot and at least 1 passive point for meager spell damage benefit, at best.

As a note, I love how much discussion one ring can create. It truly shows how well designed it was.

Well you'd use it with Void batteries. With full power charge passive investment you can net up to 267% increased spell damage from wands alone. 267%(or even 124% with just one) spell damage is no meager benefit.

The ring is very well designed. Much happier to have this and those hardmode shackles than another Le Heup of All or Rainbowstride.
Yeah, I guess you're right. I thought Wands get higher Spell Damage bonuses by default.
"
Wishinan wrote:
What is so sick about this ring is that let's say in a RT Burning Discharge utilizing Endurance Charges, you can use Frenzy to generate both Frenzy and Power Charges at the same time. That's how crazy it is...

While this is true the ring is also, as mentioned before, an enabler for cold snap build (has that existed before?). Combined with Taryn's Shiver gives +50% chance to freeze, and with Berek's grip ring 5% life leech from frozen enemies. Maybe not a solo great build but crowd control party build why not.
Stop reading this and do something useful.
"
casualplayer wrote:
"
Wishinan wrote:
What is so sick about this ring is that let's say in a RT Burning Discharge utilizing Endurance Charges, you can use Frenzy to generate both Frenzy and Power Charges at the same time. That's how crazy it is...

While this is true the ring is also, as mentioned before, an enabler for cold snap build (has that existed before?). Combined with Taryn's Shiver gives +50% chance to freeze, and with Berek's grip ring 5% life leech from frozen enemies. Maybe not a solo great build but crowd control party build why not.

Ye, definitely. This ring is useful for so many builds, that's my point exactly.

I think Cold Snap builds existed. Maybe not as mainstream :)
IGN: Asharin
~[1.0.5] 9K ES CI+VP+AA CoC EK-Discharger~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/730607
~Top 5 Builds in Standard/Domination~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/599443
Last edited by Wishinan on Jan 9, 2014, 1:17:46 AM
Shackles of the Wretched.
Curse yourself with Vulnerability Lvl 1.
Which means you are quasi-curse immune.
You can also use Elemental Weakness against high physical damagers.
Build CI so you'll get stunned automatically.
You get lots of B+S recovery from this and a few other nice items.
Now you link every fucking socket with Cast When Stunned and as many copies of Ethereal knives as possible.
Then you go and die as soon as a Physical Reflect mob looks at you.

edit: Wait, does anyone know if the 250 ms cooldown on CwS prevents multiple copies from activating simultaneously?
Last edited by nikheizen on Jan 9, 2014, 1:33:57 AM
theres so many things that ring can do besides burning discharge...RT spectral throw then discharge when pack gets to u. hell u could even use ur Searing Touch for spectral throw lol. any RT character can make a 4L that includes this ring and make it useful for their build.

zombie/skele Cast on Melee Kill enduring cry discharge.
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Jan 9, 2014, 1:22:27 AM
if it works as the mod said -.- this item is the most borken thing ever, you cast incinerate for 1-2 seconds and you get what? 7 power charges, then discharge, before you had to sacrifice your chest piece in order to get such a fst way to get power charges,

it is even more broken if the "strike" part aplies to spell, im very happy to see new items with good effects, but this ring is ridiculous. people complained about shavrone being op this thing doesn´t even cost you an endgame item slot. it is just a ring...
IGN: RFFP
Last edited by benkeia on Jan 9, 2014, 1:30:24 AM
I fail to see how this ring is OP. I've seen end game dischargers casting non stop into packs and never running out of charges. Smashing 1 button, I dont see how this ring make it any easier than that. Cold snap can be good, yes. Discharge, not so much.
Burning discharge, that stuff still exists?
Standard IGN: WTFNamesAllTaken.
Online everyday at 10 AM CST and at several different hours throughout the day. Best way to reach me is via forum PM.
If you're looking for a deal, do your homework and make a decent offer. If I have to set a b/o via request, it will be non-negotiable.
This ring makes critting real easy along with heavily benefiting a crit build, both magic and physical ( dat 333 acc ). I would honestly use this on my reave build, which attacks fast as fuck.
Another thing comes to mind considering the ring and the flame totem cast time nerf in the 1.0.5 patch.

Link flame totem with chance to ignite and GMP (+ increased critical strike chance or totem resists). Start spectral throwing Oro's Sacrifice unique sword. The power charges build up will increase the chance for the totem to ignite the enemies to around 50% per hit (or 97% per second, using the nerfed 200ms flame totem cast time value). The percentage was calculated assuming 6 power charges + 40% chance to ignite.

Key ingredient: Oro's Sacrifice has culling strike against burning enemies.

Actually, why not dual flame totem + Oro's sword.
Stop reading this and do something useful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info