Unique Item List - 300 of 419

"
Xenest wrote:

Yes. This is why you are seeing OP unqiues being nerfed. I believe GGG said themselves, they don't want unique items to be endgame. That's for rares.

Uniques are suppose to be build enablers/enhancers with upsides and downsides. And no, a lack of a stat is not a downside, as some people believe.

Just imagine the belt not having the negative resistance. There's pretty much no reason for anyone to NOT be using the belt. And if everyone is using it because its "BIS", it's not unique anymore.. just some OP belt worth 50 exalts that only rich people can afford.

I wouldn't use it even if it had no -40 resistance and -10 max resistances because even at that point, it wouldn't be competitive with a top tier rare. For life based builds , the Armour is the only thing thats interesting and even that is already offset by missing wed and resistances.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
The drawbacks on that belt are HUGE. -10 to max res means 40% more elemental damage. I can see it only used with Saffell's Frame in some sort of spellblock-based build. But probably the creator had something in mind
IGN: Rosalind_
Last edited by Jack89 on Oct 25, 2013, 7:00:44 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:

I wouldn't use it even if it had no -40 resistance and -10 max resistances because even at that point, it wouldn't be competitive with a top tier rare. For life based builds , the Armour is the only thing thats interesting and even that is already offset by missing wed and resistances.

If you don't need resistances in the belt slot then that belt has far more defense than any rare. The life Regen is pretty impressive.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

If you don't need resistances in the belt slot then that belt has far more defense than any rare. The life Regen is pretty impressive.

The life regen is equivalent to a single 1% life regen node for 6000 life builds which is impressive but not game breaking. it also has less life than a leather belt with fecund affix and effectively -70 all res if you have a modest tri resist belt. the 5000 armour doesnt 'enable' anything.

everyone needs resistances on belt, if you dont, you probably itemized badly elsewhere and sacrificed potential net stat gains the exception being items like auxiom which have stats rares cant roll.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
I tip my hat to the Diamond / Exalted Creators that go out of their way to make interesting Uniques like this belt and the Axe (if that was a Diamond also ?) instead of making simply overpowered ones.

I hope GGG has a harder policy in the future on the OP uniques so we don't have to deal with legacy stuff (like the retard Ele Belt).
I think -10 max might be a little much. But then I see the rest of the mods and remember why that belt is incredible.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Xenest wrote:

Yes. This is why you are seeing OP unqiues being nerfed. I believe GGG said themselves, they don't want unique items to be endgame. That's for rares.

Uniques are suppose to be build enablers/enhancers with upsides and downsides. And no, a lack of a stat is not a downside, as some people believe.

Just imagine the belt not having the negative resistance. There's pretty much no reason for anyone to NOT be using the belt. And if everyone is using it because its "BIS", it's not unique anymore.. just some OP belt worth 50 exalts that only rich people can afford.

Well when you put it that way, nothing is competitive with a top tier rare. Let's be realistic here. If you're going to compare it to a top rolled perfect rare belt of course the rare will be better (overall). I think you're greatly underestimating the flat negative physical damage taken, have you ever used AA? It like a free lvl 10 AA without even have AA on. It makes little fast annoying hits not hurt at all, and huge monstrous hits not 1hko you.

IGN: Athulua
That belt is good and I want it.
IRON MAN
Just dropping in to confirm how hilariously nerfed facebreakers got.
For those interested, I've posted on the wiki min/max values for a few of the new uniques.

Dyadus
Headhunter
Cloak of Defiance
Berek's Grip
Berek's Pass

I'll get to the rest in the next few days.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info