Unique Item List - 300 of 419

I think Veil of Night might be interesting to use with a high life/block+MoM build of some sort. I still can't say if it'll actually be enough to offset the 0% resistances, but surely there has to be a build that can do it. MoM might sort of make up for the fact that you have no resistances by giving you that 30% reduction, but who knows. I would say Cloak of Defiance, but then you lose life on your chest and I think life is of paramount importance.
Last edited by Hrishi on Dec 29, 2013, 2:39:35 AM
"
StN wrote:
Well, I'm not really sure what the unique is, but because it's not yet found and it hasn't dropped (considering someone also used thousands of chances on a fishing rod) I'll assume that it's probably not Fishing Rod unique, unless the rod requires a recipe for it to become a unique, which would then make sense why we haven't found a unique of that rod. So, to me the Veil looks like a viable choice for the new unique, but then again, I'd say there are at least 4 possibilities here:

1. It's Veil of the Night, but it requires either a recipe or some action to be performed for it to change.

2. It's Fishing Rod unique, but it's certainly not a unique that drops, but probably is created through a recipe.

3. It might be the next level of Goddess Scorned, but it's really unlikely, because there should be some hints.

4. The unique is too rare / Fishing Rod requires item level of some sorts / Fishing Rod needs to find a use and becomes the unique if it's white and is being used.

Well that's my speculation, it would be fun though to have a unique item that can be transformed into a better version of it.

PS Can anyone make a thread for the hints that GGG left about this unique? Or can anyone link me to it?

Some people also think it could be a unique rustic sash, because of the new vendor recipe that is based on the rarity of the rustic sash you use!
"
StN wrote:
"
Hrishi wrote:

Some people also think it could be a unique rustic sash, because of the new vendor recipe that is based on the rarity of the rustic sash you use!

Can you link me to that?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipes#Crafting

Last recipe in that link. The one that adds physical damage.
What exactly does increased global defences do? As in, what stats are included in this?
"
SirLoin wrote:
I don't think this was supposed to drop. I think this is supposed to be only obtainable from a vendor recipe. There have been other instances where that boss has dropped items that it wasn't supposed to. At the beginning of anarchy/onslaught this boss dropped uniques that were supposed to be exclusive to other leagues before they patched it.

Intended. There is no vendor recipe for this unique.

Edit:
In case anyone wants to know, the two supporter uniques were Bino's Kitchen Knife and Veil of the Night.
Last edited by Ellie_GGG on Jan 4, 2014, 6:21:40 PM
"
I think GGG is putting low level ones in for races, new leagues, and to tempt in newbies. I remember TotalBiscuit being really excited on the podcast when he talked about finding a Shiverstig, something most of us deem as junk, fit only for leveling.

This is the exact situation a lot of the low level uniques are there for! They have the power to make a really profound impression the first time you play through the game, so they play a very important role in getting players hooked. I had this moment with a Gull dagger that I found in the Cold Plains in Diablo 2, and it was an experience that I remember to this day.
Omnitect of Wraeclast
"
Nithryok wrote:
another thought, what if it's used on a duration type skill, such as cyclone where if first crits they all crit? so first cyclone builds charges, second cyclone it all crits?
That's not how cyclone (or any other skill) works. They roll crit once per skill, but if you crit chance changes between multiple hits (or targets) then some of the hits will be crits and some will not, based on the crit chance being applied to the roll.
"
benkeia wrote:
strike in this game reffers to "atacks" only, if you use spectral throw, you might get 6+ power charges by the end of the skill, and even if you youse spells and they crit, you wont lose your power charges.
In order to cut off confusion before it starts: No, that's not the case and has never been the case. All those passives saying "Spell Critical Strike Chance" do actually work on spells. So does the ring.
"
pneuma wrote:
I'm not 100% sure on how its implemented, but it may stack additively with shock.

Yep.
Always been like that as far as I know. Shock just applies increased damage taken, and will stack additively with other increases to damage taken e.g. Taryn's Shiver or Abyssus.
Last edited by Ellie_GGG on Jan 13, 2014, 4:36:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info