Season Three, Event 101: Descent

Had a good start as ranger, with a quiver from the starting boss and a double regen coral amulet from a chest. Was just about to hit 4 in the skeleton area when i got desync locked by teleporting rhoas who were missing by a mile, rubberbanded 5-6 times then died with most of the rhoas no longer even on my screen.

Rerolled as witch, misclicked my bandit chest. Derrrp!

Rerolled as shadow with 40 minutes left, got a +1 cold dagger in the starting zone. Hit 12 soon enough- +1 cold makes such a ridiculous difference in killspeed- and managed to roll a rare dagger with B-G slots and +1 cold a couple minutes later. Was halfway through the undying zone and half a bar from 17 when the race ended. Good chance that would have been a record run if i hadnt been 20 minutes down from the start.

Mors makes good points, btw. Youve released what feels like a late alpha / early beta mode, not improved upon it at all since then and responded to almost none of the feedback. Pretty disappointing.

Till next time.
IGN: KoTao
"
Morsexier wrote:
Im so sick of not finding a medium pot. I don't even know why I bother posting, since its not like GGG takes any feedback about racing.

Not having one medium pot by Frozen Abyss is just so stupid I don't know what to say yet I've had it happen the last 3 races. Its not like I can even take the medium pots at the start since not finding a quicksilver GUARANTEES I won't win, whereas I can just pray that sometime in the next 5 zones I find a medium pot.

Wonderful chain of events by GGG.

1. All pots drop a lot.(hurts no one)
1a Pots can be purchased with Wisdoms!
2. GGG introduces recipe to make higher level pots from your low level pots
3. Disables town so that you cannot turn in pot recipe.
4. Lowers potion drop rate.

I'm just so sick of the stupid bullshit in descent that is 100% outside of my control. The reason I'm so mad is the unbelievably moronic statement from GGG that RNG is less in Descent.

Town exists for a reason.
Recipes exist for a reason.
Muling low level Gems exist for a reason.

This should have been a wonderful format but its not even out of the Alpha stage.

Absolutely agree. Too many sets of chests have required drops from each, and occur long before those items would reasonably be found. Not finding certain things ruins a race. Normal events with town visits can compensate for a really bad RNG run.

I'm looking forward to this season to end so GGG will finally make some changes to this format because it needs alot of work. It's fun in principle, but it becomes a frustrating joke far too many times.

The first boss gave me this

And that's how I entered the frozen abyss at level 10. Severely under leveled and died due to freezes even with 20% cold resist.. I should have just ran past the mobs because I had no fire damage and couldn't use my Weapon elemental damage until too late. Still ice nova worked wonders with dual wands that had plenty of extra spell damage.
1st duelist for this race..gota say was pretty fun except for the fact that i got only ONE medium mana pot drop so i was using a small+medium in demonic shrine. im curious to see how much better i could've done if i didnt spend 10 mins of the race basic attacking mobs.
Once upon a time this game was my life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info