News on D3

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10471971/developer-interview-round-up-7-19-2013#latest

Expect more Bind-on-Account items in the future! The developers are also looking into ways to incorporate item binding into the game, as a way to help keep items moving out of the economy. (Diablo Fans + Diablo Somepage)

Srsly, the developers of Diablo 3 has absolutely no idea about, what they are doing. I'm still following the development now and then, but it really surprises me, what they come up with sometimes.

Expanding the Paragon system is definitely on the table. A few concepts currently being explored and/or worked on include decoupling level bonuses from individual characters and making them account-wide, incorporating some form of stat allocation alongside existing level bonuses, and increasing the level cap (eventually). Note that if any of these changes are implemented, they would apply retroactively as well. (Diablo Fans)

Why do they keep working on that Paragon? It's like they're trying to reinvent the wheel here. Come on, just give people more lvl's, why do they keep doing it the hard way?
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
"
ROFL

In b4 Paragon 200

Paragon lvl 100 = all MF-gear unnecessary.

Paragon lvl 200 = no need for gear at all.

Pretty obvious Blizz-logic :D
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
They forgot there is no point in regearing characters if you only need one of each. It's quite priceless on how many levels they do not know what they are doing.

#1 bind on equip goes against the auction house which is the only thing Jay Wilson aimed the game towards.

#2 Who the hell needs more over powered items...

Even in this game softcore has too many items, It's the nature of the beast. Both games are failing in the affix and suffix department, There is a ton of mods that can roll on d2 items. Not to mention they had runewords jewels and gems.

The problem with d3 is the skills are lame, Whirlwind and poison cloud were cool but that's it. Most of the skills in d2 are plain awesome, The auras added to it a lot also.
Guys how about we let it go?
I think that D3 is a done deal whatever that may mean.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness.
May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Edel
I logged into D3 a couple of weeks ago, this is how it went,

Checked the AH for gear upgrades, nothing cheaper than 100+mill. (yes for all five toons)

Did a full clear of act3 with my barb on MP10. Never felt threatened, stood in pools, fires, lazers, not a care in the world.

Made a couple of million vendoring garbage rares.

Logged back into POE. Where i don't feel like a god. I can feel OP here, but not the scale that D3 guarantees.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
I quit D3 some time before August 2012 after beating Act 1 Inferno with my brother and calling that a mission accomplished. Although there were several flaws with the game that would have driven me away, the paragon system stood out as an F-you to hardcore players. The problem is that I would die to disconnect on average once every...I don't remember the number of hours anymore, but something around 2-3 times how long it takes to lvl to 60. In that game death wasn't something you could avoid, it was always an internet hiccup away. Getting to 60, however easy as it was using items from the Auction house, was already a matter of good luck in not getting a disconnect death. Then they added 100 paragon levels on top of that. I had no hope of ever sustaining a high level paragon character when I was dying to disconnect every X hours.

So, it's nice to see them thinking about shifting paragon status to an account thing instead of something that's perishable. I think. Maybe that's not even what they're going to do.

Poe's been very good with dealing with disconnects. I've died to desync a couple times but full-on disconnects always leave me alive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info