What's next - Iron Reflexes?

So I am near finishing my initial plan for a "local Blood Magic" 2H sword Marauder build.
I use Heavy Strike (BM), Cleave, Vitality and Determination.

When I hit 68 my skill will look like this.

I have mainly focused on Strength+Life on my gear, and without a shield I am kind of short of Armour (~2k with Determination).

So I was thinking that it might be worth heading for Iron Reflexes and Leather and Steel and then run Grace (BM).
This would yield 3k Armour (at slvl 15).

Is it worth sinking five skills points (and ~250 reserved hp) into this plan?

/D7
[Standard league - UTC +2]
Iron Reflexes is only as strong as your evasion rate is. If you have mainly armor on, it won't be as effective.

Here's the numbers from my level 46 Duelist currently using Iron Reflexes:

3922 armor without Grace
5473 armor with level 6 Grace (+544 evasion)

The biggest drawback with Iron Reflexes, aside from the inevitable nerf, is that you need evasion gear, which means you need dex. I have to use a dex amulet just to wear my armor that gives nearly 2k armor after IR. A worthy sacrifice.

Note - just realized my duelist only has evasion armor and boots.. gloves and helm are armor.
Well you gain automatically Evasion per level (260 @ level 70 to be exact).
As I use a sword I need ~110 dex anyway which equals +22% evasion and enables a lvl 15 Grace (1100 evasion).

Combined with L&S this yields (260 + 1100) * (1+22%+24%) = 1985.6 evasion.

With some select armour passives (incl. L&S) this is probably around 4k armour.
[Standard league - UTC +2]
does +%armour from the skill tree effect Iron Reflex converted armour?

It should right..? someone pm me please :)
Take Unwavering Stance (near berserking), and then Iron reflexes, dont forget to use grace.

Cannot be stunned + more armor
IGN : RRRimtas
and why the hell do u use "always hit" with swords? no need for it :)

i have a 2h-sword-user-mara either and my chance to hit is always above 85%...

i use grace and iron reflexes and i think its great.im lvl47 and have 2400armor.

"
dehogynem wrote:
and why the hell do u use "always hit" with swords? no need for it :)

i have a 2h-sword-user-mara either and my chance to hit is always above 85%...

i use grace and iron reflexes and i think its great.im lvl47 and have 2400armor.

Well think about it, how much crit do you have ? like 5%? and 85% accuracy is not that great either.
Btw 100% accuracy is much more dps than 85% over time, unless you're gonna use 3-4 crit flasks
"
lamafao wrote:

Well think about it, how much crit do you have ? like 5%? and 85% accuracy is not that great either.
Btw 100% accuracy is much more dps than 85% over time, unless you're gonna use 3-4 crit flasks

yep. its 5% i dont really care about critical strikes...

and its minimum 85%. atm 90%...to get always hit u need 6skillpoints which u could use for other , more important things i think.

"
dehogynem wrote:
yep. its 5% i dont really care about critical strikes...

and its minimum 85%. atm 90%...to get always hit u need 6skillpoints which u could use for other , more important things i think.

Yea maybe, but i suggest you try 'always hit' before the next patch when they reset all the passive skill points, that way you will know if you want it or not.
Last edited by lamafao on Sep 7, 2012, 8:42:27 PM
"
lamafao wrote:

Yea maybe, but i suggest you try 'always hit' before the next patch when they reset all the passive skill points, that way you will know if you want it or not.

its just nice that you think i have never used resoulte technique before :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info