Blizzard North's Diablo III

Old screenshots (from sometime between 2001 and 2005) of Blizzard North's D3 which was at the very early stages of development were leaked recently.

Here's one example.

Gallery: http://kotaku.com/#!5761172/this-is-what-diablo-iii-looked-like-a-long-time-ago/gallery
He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.
Very interesting find. It's tough to say how good the game would have been from just a few screenshots. The graphics are pretty dated.
Forum Sheriff
Wow, great find.
"
tpapp157 wrote:
Very interesting find. It's tough to say how good the game would have been from just a few screenshots. The graphics are pretty dated.

I think they look amazing for it's time (2000-2005) especially considering the early stage of development.
become a monster.
The camera is a deal breaker imo.
Is this legit or is it some failed d2 clone?
We don't exactly know that's the camera of the player. I think there would be rotatable and isometric options like in Mythos.

And these are legit.
become a monster.
"
p0rt wrote:

its legit its from kotaku. thank god they didnt release that in 05 haha
"turn based rpg's are for people who have sausage fingers" -me
"
Phouriuh wrote:
"
p0rt wrote:

I don't agree with you. These screenshots look way better than 2011's D3.
become a monster.
"
permaximum wrote:
"
Phouriuh wrote:
"
p0rt wrote:

I don't agree with you. These screenshots look way better than 2011's D3.

thats cool
"turn based rpg's are for people who have sausage fingers" -me
I can't bring myself to like the new art style and there is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said to describe it. Everything just seems blocky, unrealistic, and there is no denying WoW's artistic influence. May not be a bad thing in some games, just not in Diablo.

Diablo is known its dark atmosphere, it was the first game I ever played with this dark scheme to it, and I loved the earlier games for this atmosphere (and ofc the loot, etc). I too think they really want that Teen rating to draw more people to the game ofc. To really expand the audience, they need the teen rating, giving them reason to use brighter/more colors, and I understand that from the business point of view.

But then I say look at Sacred, teen rating and they didn't have that horrendous blue green color scheme in dungeons.

Blizzard isn't going to change its ways however. I for one am very glad POE is coming with the mature feel. The leaked pictures look good, and can u imagine what that Angel statue with the spear would look like in the new Diablo 3?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info